ara is boring

well I'm done posting for tonight anyways

Thanks mate

no u
Were the rare ones in there or should I finish building my collection first

everyone else bugger off?

Probably

>checked
That's too bad. Anything interesting happen recently?

Nah, just the usual. wbu?

Been moving around a shitton because of work. Just spent a month and a half on the east coast, now I'm up in canada till probably christmas and then I can go home for a bit.

Sounds fun. I'm only a student, so no travelling for me

nice feet

what are you studying?

IT

I got into programming when my father bought me my first PC when I was 10. I'd like to get into software/app development.

Good luck, you'll need it. I once saw a job offer requiring 3 years of experience in swift. Swift came out the year prior, so it's a tough market to get into if you're not self employed or have a shitton of experience.

soooo what fruit is that supposed to be
also checked

Looks like an orange.

>I got into programming when my father bought me my first PC when I was 10
I'm envious. I feel so far behind, beginning to program after age eighteen.

Probably grapefruit.

Too many of you damn kids want to be "programers" and then complain about how its too hard or too impossible to do.
Of course it is. the market is saturated with people who just want to sit and type.
Why not go into a trade?
Something thats more in demand. become an electrician or something, they pay you to learn that stuff and pays very well.

wtf is cheeky paws??

I second this. I learned a trade and would encourage others to look into it as well.

Programming is a trade, retard.

Sure it is kid.

Because that what I love and grew up doing. If it doesn't work out, I'll find a trade. I always had my eyes on being a sparky because before owning a PC, I was in to electronics.

Working in an air conditioned office, not having to do manual labour all day will be pretty comfy though.

Define what a trade is, then, if you disagree.

it may be comfy .. but theres at least a dozen of other people to take your place if you dont bring in as much profit... Not so much as a plumber or sparky for example

>not having to do manual labour all day will be pretty comfy though
Yep.
so you go 100k in debt to avoid working and complain about how impossible it is to get work and how useless your schooling is.

Maybe not you specifically, but that's the dominant trend I see.

I get top marks in my programming subjects, I'm sure I'll be fine. Even if not, I'll find a trade.

a skilled job, typically one requiring manual skills and special training.

>avoid working
>intellectual work isn't work
>first world countries don't do work according to you
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
really makes you think

Can we get more pictures with your arguments lads?

This
I'm not going to drop out just because someone on the internet said so. Too far along for that now. There are a few places locally hiring people like me, so I'll see how it goes.

Working as in physical labor...
Stuff that required physical strength and stamina
Stuff which your gym membership doesnt help much with

gerald is a luddite who doesn't understand technology or economics

Physical labor is for robots, not humans. The job of humans is to create with their mind. That means arts, sciences, and trades like programming.

I kinda like the tard face.

Yeah, I'm not saying dont do it, just that it seems a sketchy career choice. the market is saturated and costs too much to get into imo.

Let me load up ab album with all I have.

Have a (you) for making me lol.
I understand perfectly well. That's why I am where I am today.
And you are where in life?

It doesn't cost anything to get into. If you have a good github portfolio and maybe a couple certs, you don't need a degree.
All you need is proof you can make things.

Build me a robot that does your plumbing then,
one that is able to cater to your specific problem
one that can work in a thousand different situations to the same extend a human can
Do it

Brilliant.

Not much point arguing about it now though.

>Build me a robot that does your plumbing then,
We're getting there with AI. Hopefully everyone on Earth will lose their job in this century. You're foolish if you think any job is safe other than the arts and sciences. And even those have AI breakthroughs.

Interesting, most other people say exactly the opposite on here. They moan about how they cant get into it because of a lack of education.

>AI
Well.. get used to bending your knee to your toaster then - cus hes gonna be smarter than you

>They moan about how they cant get into it because of a lack of education.
Because they're applying to the wrong companies. You have to apply to companies that are small enough to not afford an HR team. HR doesn't understand how to hire. But fellow tech people do.

AI isn't usually what I would consider synthetic intelligence. Most of them have a basic limit in what they can do. People need to understand that AI for smaller shit isn't going to be human intellect mirror grade when he finally get around to being able to make it.

Why does this remind me of ponies

It's an MLP character

So what if all the things in your house are linking up to a hivemind?
Alot of it can be and is linked already... alexa ordering shit if your fridge is empy for example

One small mind might not be a thread
But a dozen? a hundred?

Last I checked that was a rule violation.

Eh, some MLP stuff is pretty good. I don't mind it. I haven't been banned for posting it myself.

imgur.com/a/PDUtK
Not all of it. Just what I can easily find.

>[GOVERNMENT WIRETAP I WILLINGLY PURCHASED] orders shit if you fridge is empty
How the hell can it tell? Do you need a smart fridge?

Further, AI can be insanely simple. Program an AI to simply work on cleaning a pipe until it is cleaned to X% and you're ready to toss it on the market. IF, and that's a strong IF, a hivemind was to form it would more than likely be to ensure that your house was clean and the chores done. You are really overestimating how strong of an AI would be installed into your appliance and job bots.

It is a small colourfull mare.

That may be so - we´ll just have to sit and wait

I also forgot this one.

Hypnotized, or has she been huffing hairspray back stage at a hair metal concert again?

Hypno. That's the tag I have up in the search atm.

Anyway. I got yard work to do, and it's already 5PM. Later folks.