/cric/

South Africa 213/6 (67.5 ov) V New Zealand
Australia 300 v India 0/0 (1 ov)

mohammad amir edition

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1490451664184.webm
youtu.be/zlCd2WoYfko
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Will Aus be able to take Indian wickets?

>conceding 300 agaist the quoteas on a green top
J U S T

rain incoming lads

this made me laugh

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1490451664184.webm

Is the Shield final being broadcast?

first for the BLOODY CHINAMEN!
youtu.be/zlCd2WoYfko

Fuck Hamilton.

Vettel is worse though

Not on telly. You can stream it from cricket.com.au

With TV cameras at every ground, commentators already hired and A billion TV channels barely managing to fill their midday time slots, give me one good reason why the shield isn't broadcasted

Reminder Ireland will never play test cricket

Nah they will, it will just never catch on.

this, weather is too shit

they will literally never have a good team

I normally hate "You disagree with me ergo you must be a kid or a casual" posting, but if you've followed cricket for a while you'd know that Ireland's been 5 to 10 years away from playing tests since at least the 90s

Probably wouldn't get enough viewers

Today it would be competing with F1, AFL, NRL and the test match

Not as long as their actually decent players join the "english" team

Except the ICC are literally on the verge of promoting them and Afghanistan. They're LITERALLY considering a proposal for it RIGHT NOW and both sides' domestic competitions now have first class status.

It would be nice to see Warner and Smith put on a 500 partnership I guess

I'm not saying put it on channel 9, but when you've got 9Go doing nothing but showing back to back episodes of 90s sitcoms that have already been seen, what harm is it going to do

Australia may tour Ireland, but ">we" will NEVER host them and that means Warner will NEVER score runs against them.

Will Amir star on the Jake and Amir show?

Would they tour anywhere outside of britain?

I imagine they already own the rights to broadcast those shows, whereas they'd have to pad for the Sheild

bangladesh, zimbabwe, sri lanka

yes, like they do with every fucking show they add

I'm sure if an attractively low offer was made by CA (who make NOTHING off broadcasting the shield as is) they'd be more than happy to take it on

I'm sure they would but they would be hosted extremely reluctantly.

Any Test series featuring Ireland would be a huge financial loss for the host cricket board.

it would also probably be bad for the sport. The current Irish team are barely Div 2 County standard, if that. A completely lopsided Test series ala West Indies in Australia 2015/16 is just about the worst thing there is in any sport.

>what harm is it going to do
Lose them money?

To do a proper broadcast costs money and doing a proper broadcast requires a lot more resources than the literally one pretty shit camera they have set up for streaming on cricket.com.au

and yet they're comfortably the best associate nation
the only way for them to improve is to promote them

and why would they need a "proper broadcast" with massive production values?

Even a basic broadcast costs a bit of money. The game being in the middle of fucking nowhere doesn't help either.

They have no potential because there is no grassroots support.

Invest in Afghanistan, if anything.

Otherwise I don't see how crippling the Sri Lankan and Bangladesh cricket boards by basically forcing them to take on a debt "for the good of the game" benefits anybody but 11 irish guys.

just woke up

>Invest in Afghanistan
Zimbabwe 2.0

Ireland is stable and have dominated the associate competition for over a decade. They've shown that they can continue to produce decent enough local players, unlike memes like Kenya or the Netherlands. Grassroots support is growing, albeit slowly. Once test money comes in, that's going to help development. Not even Bangladesh were that into the sport in the early 90s.

It's not prohibitively expensive for either party

t. Paddy O'Brien

It's probably just not worth it for the viewers it would generate

If you're viewing it purely in that light, no. It goes beyond that though

>It goes beyond that though
It literally doesn't though. Cricket Australia would have to pay them to broadcast it like they do the womyns ""cricket"".

Unlike notional gender equality and the womyn, there is no incentive for either side to do that for Shield cricket.

I disagree on everything said in this post

Я cильнee тeбя

Where is the incentive though? Shield cricket doesn't really have room to grow

/rug/ rules /cric/ drools

gee I dunno, why would someone want a sports league on tv

It's just going around in circles man. Obviously people who visit this thread would want it to happen, but there just isn't enough demand.

how many people watch the Kids Baking Championship on SBS?

At least one, since you furiously turned on the tv just to make this post

Unless channel 9 funded by the taxpayer now that is a false equivalency

Kek, you must be an insufferable piece of shit. Literally just arguing for the sake of it now.

Is afl /cric/ approved?
Fox sports 2 covers it for some reason

Probably more than you'd think. People love cooking shows recently and kids doing things is a successful format

that does not sound like a neutral position.

how about Inside Volleyball on 7 two?
planning on watching that

yep

Poopeelian proles are divided on this notion, some would agree while the others say NRL is better

Obviously union is superior but it's too complex to the average poopeelian brain, so it usually causes them to throw a furious, childlike tantrum whenever it's mentioned in these threads

Inside volleyball doesn't go for four days

Obviously Merv Hughes Fishing is far too important to replace with shield either. Don't forget The Gamer's Guide to Pretty Much Everything
all popular programming

Send your posts to channel 9 then mate.

never said you had to show the entire game. Just broadcast portions of the game when there's nothing else worth broadcasting. That's what happened in WA for years.

>More Jeets than the Indian team
>Poo Peeland
pooetry.

Is this gatecunt? I know WA isn't playing but I'd assume he'd be watching incase of a Victorian collapse, which would give him a raging stiffy.

no

No, it's me, Sean

Very curious here, since there are a lot of Assies in here.

Are there any Assies in here who have migrated from non-cricketing nations and took up Cricket as a hobby/sport to watch?

Cheeky wank lads.

smeg me arse! are you a /brit/ from Sup Forums la?

several of my mates are from european countries and they watch cricket after moving here

keep us updated

No, I haven't left Sup Forums for about 7 years.

My dad is from Malta and loves cricket now.

>browsing anything but /cric/ on Sup Forums
Kek, Sup Forums is a cesspool these days

/rug/ is literally better in every way possible.

Wogs run /cric/

It's a fun cesspool though

Shocking by the umpire to give that out, desu.

poodictions for today

Of the few wins we've had, many of them have been down to the 39 year old Herath. Our fast bowling strength is non-existent and all the young spinners who come into International Cricket with amazing FC records get belted around (Tharindu Kaushal, Prasanna, Senanayake, soon to be Sandakan). Our batting has huge holes in it, with players like Karunaratne, Silva, Kusal Perera consistently doing fuck all and players who we've invested in have turned out to be shit as well (Thirimanne). And don't get me started on our fielding. Sanga retired from tests 1 and a half years ago and Mahela more than 2 and a half years ago. We are no longer are transitioning team, we are now a shit team. Anyone see any light at the end of the tunnel?

India 344

India will score runs all day

Poojar out for 24 (113)

Good morning /cric/

This series is over, I was expecting a lineup change for AUS but this will be a walkover for Indian batsman, they will score 500+ or close to it and Australia will collapse to 75 run lead, India win retain trophy and Australia will leave with 0 dignity after how much of a shit show they caused. Still was entertaining series with the first test

Haha!

Runs to the toilet?

Grasshoppers and crickets cannot talk

Good maymay laddie. Mind if I post it to reddit and let you know how much karma I get?

literally kys you retarded shit

fuck off back to /rug/ if you're going to make posts of such a horrible quality

A pitch is kind of like a street

already is from reddit
look at the filename freshie

>tfw you'll never be badass enough to act like a tough guy on /cric/

my sides

imgur is not necessarily the same thing as reddit

but regardless
>unironically calling someone a freshie because they don't know how to reddit

that was the joke

Why did they bowl 1 over last night? What's the point of changing innings for that? Just add an extra over on this morning

That wouldn't please Smoth's autism

It's how the rules go

Besides, if a wicket fell in that over it would have been fucking huge for Australia

That over was a good chance for Australia, they will take it every time if they can

But if a wicket fell on say, the 2nd ball of that over, they wouldn't wait for the next batsman, they'd just finished the over this morning

yes

do you really not know why you'd want a wicket falling at the end of a day's play rather than at the start?

Then India effectively has to play an innings with 9 wickets, the motivation is clearly there for the bowling side

I'm talking about the rules, not what's necessarily in one side's interest.