Albums that nu-males will never get

albums that nu-males will never get

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y0rVRtXsiEo
youtube.com/watch?v=r1teJmDoHJc
youtu.be/lHT-VQSKfek
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Darkness on the edge of town is the superior Bruce album.

i bet you’re a neo-male

faggot

But The War On Drugs guy does it better.... Like.. Much better.

hello dad

Considering that several of these got As and Bs from infamous nu male Robert Christgau...

only 2 good albums here at least pick good dadrock

pleb

You guys don't undestand what this insult means

A nu-male is a pretentious pseudo-adult redditor that wants to be prsonable but is scared to have any unique or outstanding qualities

They consider Animal Collective "party music", psychadellic music to be something like Tame Impala and if you asked them about rock music they like it would probably be some nondescript dated outfit cemented in history as being liked by everyone like The Rolling Stones. Music making vague alludes in the direction of something interesting or outstanding, but in the most surface level way that couldn't possibly represent you in a way that would mean having some kind of personality. Cuz the thing about the bleeding edge is that you can get cut

Actual nu-male repellant is something like Yung Lean or Death Grips. Something that looks obnoxious and juvenile on surface but to anyone with an appreciation of and would scare them away before they ever got a good chance to listen to it

i was with you until the last paragraph

its just a meme not that deep

its not as uncommon as you probably think for nu-males to be into yung lean or death grips or any shit like that.

Justify what is incorrect about that beyond some surface-level allude that proves my point.

holy shit this post is awful

If nu-males like Sadboys and Death Grips now it's because people told them it was okay to.

When it's achieved meme status they can make ambiguous jokes about it and let people they know about some kind of personable cultural icon. The don't really know or care about it beyond some surface-level joke status. AESTHETIC, GUILLOTINE xd

Would've been the same thing for any other profound cultural movement that they now brainlessly jerk off. If they'd grown up in the 20s they'd be bitching about how classical music is for intellects like them and how the new generation is ruining music with Jazz.

Also, 80s revivalism. The decade that represents everything that makes nu-males wince cranked up to 11.

The Wild, the Innocent and the E Street Shuffle is superior to both. When will people understand this?

t. nu male

please stop posting seriously youre dragging this boards repetition down

Is that so?

Let's hear the intelligent explanation you have for why that's the case

Or did you hear "nu-males are pretentious hipsters that appreciate profound cultural statements on surface" and your rebuttal to this is nothing but a canned reaction to music you think is obnoxious that you're unable to justify in any way

Stop posting you're making it worse with every keystroke

saving this for a cringe thread

Yeah it's so obvious why what I'm saying is silly one would think you'd have a rebuttal of some kind

>nu-males are pretentious hipsters that act like they're above things but can never justify what's supposed to be wrong with it

Well, you've proved me wrong

stop

I like how you even type in all lower case because capital letters are too much of a comittment for you

It won't save you from a reply, bitchass.

You can admit you're a nu-male, it's alright son. I'll pat you on the back and co-erce an emotional breakthrough like in Good Will Hunting if I need to.

Nu-males are lame-ass redditors that are disgusted by masculinity and genuine aggressiveness and have trouble thinking for themselves. Death Grips is right up the nu-male's alley because it's (relatively) underground and obviously an act, same goes for metal.
The true nu-male repellent is bling-era hip hop. It's just about money, women, and violence, and it was also a fad with pop success making it cool to hate it.

>I like how you even type in all lower case because capital letters are too much of a comittment for you

stop

Why didnt you use a period in that first line are you that scared of being assertive nu-male faggot cuck

Son, it's not your fault

I know loud noises intimidate you and you're emberassed that Sally from down the street found Linkin Park on your iPod once but you can't live the rest of your life in a constant state of coddling your masculine inadequcies

When you leave the "denial" stage give this a listen: youtube.com/watch?v=Y0rVRtXsiEo

Nice run-on sentence, bitch. Pull up.

>this thread

everybody is laughing at you

Yeah that would be a shame if I were in a constant state of pretension and vocalized opinions about art as a way of projecting my insecurities

What's your favorite album? Actually interested

>AOR, pop rock
>Nu-male repellent

Crying over Pros by edIT

Quiet and introspective music that's actually like that for some kind of reason and accomplishes something interesting, not just a 40 minute long auditory masturbation of a musical idea resembling being "smart"

my god you are a fucking strange person

>Death Grips is right up the nu-male's alley because it's (relatively) underground and obviously an act, same goes for metal.
We live in the era that basically just sits around being emberassed that the gaudy maximalism of the 90s and 2000s happened.

Death Grips is that. It's not just punk music in that it's "angry", it's a very deliberate middle finger to all the pretension that this generation has to offer.

What kind of person is that?

how many times a day do you randomly complain about 40 minute long songs?

An album is roughly 40 minutes.

I don't know what you're getting at

Do you have autism?

No, do you?

There's 3 nu-male archetypes on the cover

Death Grips are nu-male: the band

Explain what you mean and I'll break down your canned response

is George the exception?

>play along with my stupid canned insult, help me justify to myself using it constantly

all country music

You're the one that used it bucko

Nu-males can't into unironic edginess
>dude heresy is such a cringe song
>closer is sexist

>creating arguments that don't exist and then attacking them

Darkness and Nebraska are his best.

nu-male opinion

t. nu-male

John Lennon is the anti-numale

>that beard
>those glasses
>that haircut

nebraska is literally the nu-male choice tho
>muh sparse nakedness
>muh poignant lyrics
>muh feels

But those things are true.

t. nu-male

Probably, but not an argument.

If you can't comprehend that people have emotions beyond displeasure that your relationship isn't ideal

>my dad is now the ultimate anti-nu-male
cool

closer is degenerate

You wouldn't think it was, based on those misogynist and cringe lyrics

There's a reason people stop listening to NIN after high school.

I think people trashtalk bands like NIN in highschool and they grow up and appreciate things beyond a surface-level image of whatever the "cool"

Regardless, you're really being the nu-male archetype here and you can't refute why any of this isn't the case

Nu-males can handle edginess, confidence is what they can't stand.

>appreciate things beyond a surface-level image
So... not listening to NIN. Got it.
>Regardless, you're really being the nu-male archetype here and you can't refute why any of this isn't the case
See

you type (and act) like a child.
>stop
>stop
>everybody is laughing at you

Read your shit man, you sound like a kid. You gotta grow up man or the world is gonna eat you alive.

Yeah epic response my dude.

Quit knocking down things people like as if you're better than them when you're a reactionary birdbrain that can't formulate a rebuttal and doesn't even understand how opinions or arguments work.

Go be an insufferable scarf-clad pseudo-adult on reddit.

Not an argument.

Try again

>you gotta grow up
>here let me call you a nu-male though

What you said is a non-argument. It neither makes any kind of relevant statement nor backs it up with any kind of compelling logic or evidence.

This is what I was getting across when I called you a birdbrained simpleton.

>Quit knocking down things people like
You mean like breads, craft bear and feminism?

Nice double standard

>What you said is a non-argument
My argument is here You have yet to refute it.

man your life must be fucking awful

Having a terrible beard and listening to The Mountain Goats isn't inherently bad, it's just closely-associated with pretentious pseudo-adults.

This opinion is unlike that of nu-males that believe music automatically has more artistic merit because it's more boring.

Saying something isn't an argument. An argument is when you bring up points of some kind.

Just because something is edgy doesn't mean it's edgy for the sake of it and just because something is negative about women doesn't mean it's sexist.
Until you formulate an argument and explain why you aren't just saying those things as canned responses, that's my contribution.

How do you figure?

He very maturely made a point that your responses are childish

What are you trying to imply, that he's doing things as a projection of their insecurities?

If you can't comprehend that some people just have opinions and aren't doing things to coddle their ego I figure you might be the one with some issues

i would fuck him

the dude literally created a fully fleshed out character out of me because i didnt use caps on Sup Forums

I called you a pretentious nu-male because of your canned responses

The fully lowercase responses make me laugh though because it seems like even using capital letters is too much of a strong committment that risks drawing attention to what you're saying

The point here is that you want to throw peanuts at people without ever being able to justify why you're doing it or even do it in a way that's somewhat entertaining. You're a pretentious neckbeard, except move the beard up to the temporomandibular region and replace the fedora with horn-rimmed glasses

Nu males = bald and manlet

what's the opposite of a new male

He's literally grandpa nu-male so what are you talking about?

katie the cat

beging a chritian boomer

Springsteen was the definition of numale in his time

You kids are retards

*nods respectfully towards you*

Its more of a mentality than any physical appearance

Probably something like trump voting Christians in the south would be the polar opposite of numales

NiN is angsty whiny edge. Not confident edge. So its textbook numale.

You aren't even trying to make sense anymore.

Death Grips are the fucking definition of nu-male trash.

Nu-male repellant would be something like Lil Pump or Waka Flocka Flame, just shit that gets you hyped.

Yung Lean and Death Grips are nu-male because they look deep and sentimental on the surface but to anyone else it would look about as aggressive and genuine as lactose-free milk under the guise of "it's ironic". The problem with this is that the irony is not just a surface thing, it's the whole core, and once you go past the irony, there's nothing because the entire composition is defined by the surface itself. It's like diving headfirst into a lake from a bridge, some think it's deep, some think it's shallow, smarter people just think diving is a stupid idea altogether.

but you got it that means nu-males do

also try not to bully anyone to suicide

>pretentious pseudo-adults.
So are your criticisms. Are you like 19 or something?
>An argument is when you bring up points of some kind.
I already did. Both those songs are cringy and misogynist. Do you have an argument?
>Just because something is edgy doesn't mean it's edgy for the sake of it and just because something is negative about women doesn't mean it's sexist.
Nice strawmen

If those are nu-male repellant then so is being eaten by a bear. Because both of those suck.

>Yung Lean and Death Grips are nu-male because they look deep and sentimental on the surface
Fuck are you on about? They look incredibly stupid and trashy on surface

>but to anyone else it would look about as aggressive and genuine as lactose-free milk under the guise of "it's ironic"
They're some of the edgiest musicians around today.

If Death Grips isn't edgy then what is edgy to you?

You aren't making sense and you don't care to. You just heard a band you think is beneath you and knocked the whole discussion down. Thanks for trying, anyways.

>I already did. Both those songs are cringy and misogynist. Do you have an argument?
Moron

Saying "this is true" is not an argument

The burden of proof is on you and I'm not coddling you until you can sum the mental real-estate to contribute something

youtube.com/watch?v=r1teJmDoHJc

Is this an elaborate meme to trick insecure Sup Forumstards into listening to straight up trash like GnR and RHCP

>The burden of proof is on you
Incorrect, the original claim was here It's on him. I am agreeing with it.

Trouble reasoning?

the motorhead album is the only thing on here worth listening to

youtu.be/lHT-VQSKfek

Difference between a nonnumale and a numale, left and right. Left gives no fucks about falling under the category of "good taste" and likes what he likes. Right seems to be only capable of liking something if the general consensus on it is that its good. Safe, bland, vanilla as fuck, no personality.