SOUP THREAD

SOUP THREAD

you guys like soup? what's your favourite? what's your least favourite? homemade or tins or cartons? any recipes?

Other urls found in this thread:

thewoksoflife.com/2013/10/hot-sour-soup/
foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/hot-and-sour-soup-recipe-1914206
taste.com.au/recipes/cauliflower-soup/ffce903a-0d7c-440d-bf9c-dd5897fe929b
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I hate soup

Why? I gotta say at this time of year it's pretty good.

Yes
Leek & potato
Carrot
Don't care which
Unfortunately not

Damn brother, potato and leek soup is one of my favorites too. Top tip - chop some chives and sprinkle over the top before eating.

Favourite: cream of tomato
Least favourite: leek and potato.

I also love scotch broth. French onion soup is also a winner. Fuck if I could eat nothing but soup I would.

I don't understand the love for leek and potato. Maybe I'm one of the few who finds leek disgusting. I love literally every soup except that one.

I don't know, I don't like the taste. What would you recommend?

you want an easy butternut squash soup? cut that bad boy up into chunks, roast it with some whole cloves of garlic, red pepper, some red chili. maybe some tomatoes if you want. cover in olive oil, cumin, paprika or cayenne or something for a little bit more spice. salt and pepper. roast those tings up until the squash is soft. stick in a pot with some water, blend that mess up until smooth. woo mama.

you from scotland? the best scotch broth i had was in the hotel i was staying at in edinburgh. i mean, it's kinda obvious they'd have the best scotch broth right? i'd had it a couple times, it's super easy to make especially with like dried packet mixes and whatever. but oh man, it was so good. with a big slice of sourdough and the creamiest butter i've ever had. fuck

To be fair, leek in any other form I find disgusting.

Honestly it took me a while to get into leek and potato but I woke up one morning with the flu and it seemed like the most appetizing thing ever and it's been one of my favorites ever since.

Broccoli & Stilton, French Onion or Leek & Potato if it’s a vege soup.

If it’s a meaty soup I usually just scrape out OP’s mums knickers.

broccoli and stilton wtf man?

It’s a thing

I do like spicy food. I'd add some lentils or maybe use veg stock instead of water. And add some cilantro too. But this is a solid recipe anyone can do.

More butternut

Yea I like soup. Its not my favorite, sandwiches are my favorite, but soup is good I can just keep a few cans on the shelf and heat one up when I dont feel like grocery shopping, or putting effort into a meal.

I like vegetable soup mostly, just campbells chunky vegetable soup. When I dont feel like I've been eating enough vegetables lately I'll drain the broth from a can and warm it up.

I really love this potato soup I get from this restaurant, with cheese and bacon its gud.

I dont like homemade soup bec. really I dont like to eat anybody elses cooking, and I dont make soup for myself.

Tha best

Choke on cock soup homo

im not keen on brothy lookin soups but this looks amazing.

Is God tier

Is that like this? Chicken and leek soup, serve that shit with heavily buttered bread.

Uma delicia fugg

is chowder a soup?

>is chowder a soup?

I consider New England clam chowder soup. Legal Seafood is my fave. Used to go there (in Boston) and have a bowl with a couple dozen oysters of various types.

More like Satan Tier.

i prefer that illegal seafood you get on the darknet

Chicken soup is super comfort food when you are a bit sick in winter. So easy to make too.
>Just big pot
>Throw in 6-8 chicken legs. Sear them off.
>add a diced onion and lots of motherfcking garlic, brown them off, then
>chicken stock
>water (amount depends how thin you want it duh-adding more throughout is fine
>veges of your choice. I usually go typical potato, carrot, pumpkin. Chopped rustic style bc, well it's only soup jeeze
>seasoning of your choice but I go salt, pepper, parsley, and whatever I have that would go well. (Thyme, oregano, basil, etc)
>4-5 chilies finely chopped bc fuk it, everything tastes better with chilies.
>simmer till meat is pealing off bones
Total win with fresh buttered bread to dip away. Pure comfort.

Forgot mushrooms. Any kind. They all good. Well all except those Chinese dried ones. They are pretty average.

Tomato
Pumpkin
Doesn't matter to me
Nope.

Chicken feet soup

I work at panera bread with soups and stuff AMA

fav: tomato soup from a tin; usually add black pepper and if I don't use sliced bread, I stir in broken crackers.

I despise mushroom soup.

I can give you a recipe if you like

-1 clove of garlic (I put 2 cause I fucking love it)
-1 shallot (half onion will do)
-Some parsley
-8 piccadilly tomatoes
-5/6 shrimps (any kind)
-3/4 calamari or little squids
-1 small mackerel
-2 sardines
-Half glass of white/rosè wine
-Salt
-Pepper
-1 leaf of basil (not necessary)

>I put mackerel and sardines, but any maritime fish will do. Although the fatter the better.

Gut fishes, throw away guts. Then cut heads, finns and remove bones but don't thrash them.
Remove and discard beaks from calamari.
Now, in a small pot with 2/3 glasses of water, put in the heads, finns, bones of the fishes in and put on medium fire with just a pinch of salt.
In another pot: oil nice and hot, garlic (even whole) and chopped shallot. Leave it a bit then add tomatoes. A few mins later add parsley and the wine. When the other pot smells nicely of fish, turn off and strain the water in the other pot; now you can throw away the waste (heads, etc..).
Add the fish and the calamari, after cutting it to not so small pieces. Let it go medium fire for 2 mins, then throw in the whole, unshelled shrimps. Adjust of salt and pepper.
Bring it to boil and leave it for 8/10 mins (approximately... don't let it burn). When the texture it's bit dense, add basil and turn off. Ready.
Screw Flanders.

Forgot one thing. Add a bit of water with the calamari and fishes.

Love hot and sour soup, and also spicy tomato cream soup

best: French onion
worst: Cream of Cauliflower (I fucking hate Cauliflower)
homemade or cartons, tins are for poorfags
no recipies

If you love soup so much, why don't you marry soup?

Got a favourite recipe for the sweet&sour?

I've never made it myself yet, but plan to this week. There's a couple of recipes that seem legit so I'm going to use these and make some tweaks for dietary and convenience reasons.

>thewoksoflife.com/2013/10/hot-sour-soup/
>foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/hot-and-sour-soup-recipe-1914206

Carrot & coriander is the best

Soup is aiight. I'm a soup noob so I've only had faggot weeby ramen, fucking chicken noodle like a fucking little kid, tomato soup, bomb ass soup my grandpa makes, butternut squash soup my mom makes, and some organic canned soups like a hipster faggot

taste.com.au/recipes/cauliflower-soup/ffce903a-0d7c-440d-bf9c-dd5897fe929b

>bomb ass soup my grandpa makes, butternut squash soup my mom makes
You should get the recipes and learn to make these yourself, it can't be that hard, soup is pretty easy to make in general.

anyone ever have any kind of bean soup? i got a bag of mixed beans for soup but im wondering what i should add in it? thinking of mainly vegatables