Is this the logical conclusion to music and art as a whole?

Is this the logical conclusion to music and art as a whole?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vKWuzklXUk0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Instrumental hip hop, Plunderphonics
>Is this the logical conclusion to music and art as a whole?
No.

It sure as hell tries to be, by mashing so much content and samples into such a huge package. I really admire that in a way, the "anthology" approach to records is cool. Quantity is underrated compared to quality. Unfortunately, quality's pretty important too, and the production on those albums is shit, the composition is shit, and there's nothing really creative or interesting about it. It's just absolutely mediocre and unnecessary. The only thing it has going for it is its bulk, and even then it goes for a generic aesthetic that defeats that aesthetic appeal of its bulk.

>4 hours a project

sadat x beat a critic from the source with a bike lock

wipe scaruffi's nut off your face you fucking sheep

>simple two to four measure long ideas repeated for five to ten minutes each
Some of the ideas are legit good. If he didn't drag them on for so long, the stuff would be so much better.

>anything scaruffi likes is verboten
gimme your favs big boy, i'll drone you

it's so talentless anyone can make it

why didn't you

too busy hating ;)

i'll never understand why people think this stuff is any more remarkable than the average soundcloud beat maker. is it just because it's long as fuck?

Who are some soundcloud beatmakers who have made similar stuff? Because if there are, I certainly haven't heard them.

Why would anyone want to do that? It becomes similar to something like Bull Of Heaven. Anyone can do that, it's not hard at all. But why would they wanna make such boring music that drags on for so long?

Not a soundcloud beatmaker, but Lil Ugly Mane's Three Sided Tape series is literally this, but with tracks that don't drag on too long and a far larger variety of stylistic differences between each track.

AHHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHAHHAHAAHHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAH

that tape is ok from LUM.
it's basically just loop beats and sounds very soundcloud.
cool project.

this on the other hand...
>is not just loop beats
>doesn't sound like anything else

but go on please we beg you

But IN's stuff is also looped the same exact way wtf are you on? IN's just not as diverse with the whole thing since he still keeps everything very close to hip hop meanwhile LUM's tapes go far off into territories like dark ambient, acid house, and black metal.

>Why would anyone want to do that?

to get an 8/10 from Scaruffi

you are retarded

;) lol ok dudebro

Good post. IN is practically the Salieri of modern music. Boring and repetitive, but ignorant masses types thought he was actually worth listening to for some reason.

"it's outrageous"

It's actually Art is Over by The Gerogerigegege

no idea what that is but i agree

no

it is the logical conclusion to hip-hop, however

There's a 4th one already??? I still haven't finished the 3rd

Since the first album the compression really bothered me. It definitely seems to be an artistic choice rather than lack of skill, why do you guys think he would do this?

it sounds great

Most people in hip hop can't into mastering all that well. What he's doing isn't unique. It's the same garbage most music does today. The only well known hip hop group in recent memory that I know who can't actually master their shit good is clipping.

*who can

one of their members is like a professor of sound design or some shit

Clipping.? I didn't know. That probably makes a lot of sense then why they are so good at mastering their stuff.

Is it even concluded?

And this album alone shit on all 4 of them

no
there cannot be a "logical conclusion" to something like "best" music possible until the human brain is a solved game, more or less, which will require internal imaging like MRI with atomic resolution and many thousands of samples per second to have a chance at extrapolating what combination/levels/sequences of sounds of music MOST greatly and in an entirely positive way light up the brain

lol

youtube.com/watch?v=vKWuzklXUk0

>he released a fourth one

Jesus christ, I've not even worked my way through the 3rd yet. The 1st is AOTY, the 2nd one I didn't like as much because I felt like it had way too many vocal samples, or maybe they just stood out as awkward more than on the first.

It's still pretty remarkable how you can make a 4 hour album with no filler.

And even then the mind can convince itself that whatever ends up being the objectively best music ever (solved game and all) is bad, if it threatens its worldview in any way.

this video isnt really cringy at all.

it was cool the first time around but now he's just rehashing his other shit
pretty boring if you ask me

Stop shilling your trash.

can you speak english please?

2>4>3>1

Are you talking about artificial intelligence?

that album is an hour long though

Is this the logical conclusion to viral marketing?

can you explain please?

>electroswing

nope

What in full firey bush burning tarnation is electroswing there pardner?

HE HAS A NEW ALBUM WHY NOBODY TELL ME
I think the production is good, but the composition is objectively shit

badly composed?

Scruffy is always right