Just curious, what does Sup Forums think of vaporwave?

Just curious, what does Sup Forums think of vaporwave?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/idipMrfAZHk
open.spotify.com/user/1255126827/playlist/6pPXubHvHPnMKKSEbofcdV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Vaporwave is amazing!

meme music for autistic individuals.

garbage, you only listen to it because of the 2014 mlg bullshit or you watch leafy

I do neither of those and enjoy vapor wave. Keep projecting.

A fad created by homosexual trannies that's embraced by retarded nazi LARPers because it gives them false memories of "degeneracy-free" decade that the were never alive for despite that decade being filled with corruption, drugs, faggots and AIDS.

Like anime, it was great until it was co-opted and misappropriated by normies and alt-right trash.

It's alright. Nothing special

Buying LPs of future funk for Max hipster cred

Vaporwave?
Alt-right?
Anti-consumerist anti-capitalist music?
Im sorry, I didn't realize this was a shitpost thread

I was a fan when it first started out being a thing. Like a year before it hit normies. Its legitimately good if you find the right places to listen to it

That's part of why they're (barely) human filth; they co-opted something without taking the time to fully understand it.

They didnt co opt it. Anyone who isnt a fucking normie and actually frequents any forums on it knows thats a load of hairy garbage. Get the fuck off my stream normie REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Okay, tired anyway. Later.

You've never been to Sup Forums, have you? They unironically believe that vaporwave is "redpilled". In reality, I think they are basing their judging it more as a mashup of adult contemporary versus it's own style with it's own origins. They literally cannot see beneath the surface of anything.

The fuck is vaporwave?

Sorry for sperging lol
Pol is not a vaporwave forum
They mainly exist on facebook and are full of ultraprogressive people because vaporwave is a critique on the 90s consumerist culture. There is a group who find it comforting as a call back to other times, in fact most people do, it just depends on how rose tinted your glass is. But the actual group of right wing people who enjoy it bc muh 90s is quite small if youve spent any considerable amount of time in there

I like vaporwave, but I'm not going to make any arguments for it. It's just good background music for when I am doing something else.

youtu.be/idipMrfAZHk

Future funk not vaporwave but you have great taste my dude. I have the original sample on vinyl it glorious

ah....

G O T T A H A V E M Y A E S T H E T I C

It sucks. All it is is losers making lame music which they think is aesthetically pleasing but in reality they suck at life with no real ideas. Hipster faggots who act and try so hard to be so different.

Edgy

This

Some of it's okay, but it's hard to appreciate because of how many faggots listen to it. Comment sections are always cancer.

It actually sucks. Serious losers who try hard to be apart of some lame shit which no one likes.

Hey ho sounds like every obscure music genre fucking ever
Welcome to sound enjoyment

I'm all for ambient music such as Babushka in hyperspace, but I just looked up some vaporwave, that shit does suck

Which stuff did you look up? Its really hit or miss and i can recommend some quality albums if youd like

Vapourware wave isn’t obscure. Losers with no real ideas who sit their basement make this garbage. Obviously attacked you resort to try and say all music is like vapourware or categorize it as obscure.

It all sucks dude. There’s no quality in vapourware. Don’t try and justify the garbage that is vapourware.

love it

Not only are the visuals aesthetically soothing, but the underlying critique of late-stage capitalism combined with the feeling of nostalgia for a past that never was makes it one of my favorite genres of art

The music is good too

Lofi is better

Basically a rebooting of Eighties synthpop

Both of these images suck. No one is going to like your bs ideas.

It’s not a rebooting of anything. It’s simple images paired with stupid phrases made by try hard losers who think they’re clever. Straight garbage.

you're the same faggot posting his jewtube channel right?
fuck off
if not; still fuck off, it has nothing to do with 2d and/or aesthetics you autistic fat fuck

Friend told me it was dead on arrival. People who still like it are losers and will always be cause they think its so different and not popular so they will associate with it cause it’s not the norm and they get it.

You specifically addressed vaporwave art, while the comment you replied to was with regard to the musical genre.

It's true that some vaporwave is a rebooting of a lot of 80s music. Some is inspired by old synthpop, while other subgenres are inspired by jazz or disco. On the other hand, lots of vaporwave is very slow, atmospheric, and alien. It can't really be said to be 80s inspired.

I don't think vaporwave enthusiasts are "try hard losers who think they're clever," although I can hardly comment on that perception while being in the targeted group. For many, the art brings about feelings of nostalgia - but not just any kind of nostalgia. Specifically it's nostalgia for a past that never existed. There's a Welsh word "Hiraeth" which seems to describe the emotion elicited by vaporwave well.

The "stupid phrases" you mention aren't present in all vaporwave art. In the pieces in which it is featured, the phrases usually convey some sort of sadness or despair. At times they can seem random or pointless, but it's all coherent with the aesthetic.

Both the music and the “art to go along with it” it’s garbage. “Sadness with a past that never was” Too fucking stupid. Losers with no real ideas. Its pretty funny to have thee loser trying to make vapourave a thing.

I appreciate your constructive arguments

Yeah man. A degeneracy free decade with corruption seems pretty degenerate

Lol vapourware “art and music “ is different? They both suck.

any good vapewave song suggestions??

>I don't like this and I never will
Nobody should een try to have a conversation with about this. I'm not the user you replied to by the way

I've really been enjoying 猫 シ Corp lately. His stuff is usually classified as "mallsoft," which is one of the lesser known subgenres.

News at 11, Sunday Television, Cosmopolitan Dreams, and Hiraeth are my four favorite albums by him (for now)

Synthpop was/is better.

Try hards trying to be to different. Vapour wave sucks. It will always suck.

Also check out these retrowave artists:

Z O L A D O M A I N ゾラドメイン

VHSテープリワインダー

Lots of generic shits, with a plethora of gems sprinkled throughout.

I follow this pretty good vaporwave playlist on Spotify, check it out. It is actually pretty decent:

open.spotify.com/user/1255126827/playlist/6pPXubHvHPnMKKSEbofcdV

Oh yeah vaporwave is great