What's the main reason women are paid less?

What's the main reason women are paid less?

Or better: what makes men more valuable to employees than women? (In general)

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1168182/Catfights-handbags-tears-toilets-When-producer-launched-women-TV-company-thought-shed-kissed-goodbye-conflict-.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

start a company and hire nothing but women and find out for yourself.

You nigger there is no wage gap

Men are more likely to negotiate salary and take risks outside of their job description. That's literally it.

Well men can't disappear for 6 months and blame it on a baby. One of my co-workers has been back from maternatity leave for 2 weeks and shes leaving again cause she's having another baby. There's nothing wrong with that, but from a business perspective, it's more logical to employ someone who can't do that basically. Especially if the position is implementing a new program or product, the company wants that manager to be on top of that, not fuck off for 6 months half way through.

its worse than just fucking off for 6 months. The company can't even fill the position. If you were on a team with 8 people and one of them goes off to baby, you can even get more people to backfill the missing head. its fucked up.

That's an average, not an unbiased reality. Men tend to take more high-risk jobs and tend to take less reproduction-related days off work. It's political stupidity. Like The Right is on saying the law has a right to reach inside your body to protect a fetus that is, in short, until it's born it is a parasite, The Left thinks women deserve equal pay just because they are women... and biology has nothing to do with it.

Literally they just do more work and that's why men get more money.

People get paid the same amount of money for the same amount of work but men do MORE WORK.

They put their careers on hold to have children and have poorer negotiating ability than men on average.

Women take more time off for pregnancy, families, etc.
Those interruptions and resulting lack of raises/promotions causes the main discrepancy.

When I was a software manager we paid the female employees exactly as much as the males.

So, there is a wage gap, but IMO it is not sexist in nature.

theres no wage gap you dumb sjw cunt. most women just choose to limit themselves to career fields that dont pay as much as higher end jobs like engineering, so the fields get predominantly filled with men.

also, women fill more office positions than men. walk into almost any office and its like 90% women nowadays because nobody wants to hire men. yet women complain about jobs. lol women have it incredibly easy when it comes to making money, and keeping it since most of them make men buy them everything

>what makes men more valuable to employees than women?
dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1168182/Catfights-handbags-tears-toilets-When-producer-launched-women-TV-company-thought-shed-kissed-goodbye-conflict-.html

watch Christina Hoff Summers, learn that there is no wage gap and quit bitching around

there is no such thing as the gender pay gap. just because i graduate in my field and end up making more is only because i got my certs and know how to service a redhat system. women can also obtain the same pay as me by going through the same training. no one pays men more because "heh no gurilz alloud".
nursing should only be for those serious about the field and gender studies/liberal arts are a complete waste of your parents money.

>main reason women are paid less
Because they put up with it. Cold, hard, inconvenient fact here: you won't get paid "what you're worth" unless your boss is afraid you'll get another job somewhere else. You don't get automatically rewarded for what you know. If your boss thinks they can continue getting $20/hr work out of you for $17/hr that's exactly what they'll do. Gender has nothing to do with that decision on their part, they'll only pay you as much as necessary to keep you from looking for another job. If you want a raise, find another job that pays a dollar an hour more and tell your boss you're leaving because you can get more money from the other guy. You'll either get a dollar raise, or you'll get a new job. No matter how much you demonstrate that you can do the same job as people who get paid more than you do, you won't get a raise unless there's a chance your boss will lose you.
>what makes men more valuable
Nothing. Men are just more aggressive about finding higher paying work.

kek

Women can get pregnant when men can't get pregnant. It's (in my opinion of course) the main reason why some men are more paid than women however; when comparing the the salary of a man and of a woman, don't forget the fact that if one of them is more paid than the other it could be because he knows how to do his job better than the other. It's more logical than anything imo

they arent paid less. nice bait faggot

Personal choices. Women on the whole choose to go into fields that pay less than men. Outside of the West, women go into whatever field they can that will support their family just like men. Look at how many Indian programmers, pharmasists and doctors there are just in the US. That's a consequence of these women being rich enough to go to college, but not rich enough to study whatever the fuck they want so they can feel fullfilled as a person. Their family is dependant on them paying back with interest the money they spent on education, so they enter the best paying field they have the brains and money to pursue. If you want to earn the same as the average man in the West, get a better paying job.

Wage gap is not a gender thing, it's about "want"s. You study and get yourself a good examina to become an engineer or a lawyer or a doctor. Many men do that, and some women too. You don't care, and take it the way it comes? More women than men do that, in my opinion. And that's OK, the world needs cleaners and cashiers too. But don't complain later. That feminist "wage gap" is not about genders, it's about ambitions. Men are not paid more for the same kind of job, they generally EARN more because they got themselves better jobs. Simple as that.