I7-7820X VS Threadripper 1920X

i7-7820X VS Threadripper 1920X

I will mainly be using it for Gaming BUT I want this new build to last a good 5 years without replacing anything as my current build has lasted 4 year with only the GFX card I have replaced...

>filename
>LOGo

>Threadripper 1920X
Better if you're going on the long long term. Shit richfag, I think either of those would be fine for the next 4 years but chose the second if you can.

Check the motherboard compatibility though.

God you cunts are persistent

10/10

I'm not rich at all btw, I just want a future proof high end gaming CPU

I'm even going to throw the 8700k in to the mix also

It's hard to build a good gaming CPU that will not be overthrown in the next year. But going with anything with that quality should ensure you some good times.
I don't know where the gaming is concerning VR but I doubt there will be a major advancement that requires a motherfucking supercomputer to run it in the next few years. So I think you're fine.
Just my opinion though.

>gaming
>HEDT

Sorry but I don't help people who have more money than sense.

I repeat! I don't have more money than sense... learn to read

7th gen intel ??? TOPKEK why don't you just kill yourself lol

suggest a CPU then...

You honestly don't need a 12 core gaming computer, APUs aren't up to date to be utilizing the additional cores honestly you'd be better off with a 6 or 8 core cpu at this point, don't waste your money.

Gaming CPU? Current i5-xxxxk and be done with it. Invest the rest into a good GPU, and then replace that every 1.5-2 years. CPUs past an i5 are largely irrevelant these days for gaming.

>I will mainly be using it for Gaming
these CPUs are not made for gaming and buying something like i7- 7700k would yeld a same result... most of gaming performance comes form GPU and dont get SLI cause u will get worse results FPS wise... cause of he lack of support

wait for pci e 5, HBM RAM, and then upgrade.
current state of tech has been stale for over 5 years.
nothing but total dogshit components meant to squeeze monies out of you by developers producing total dogshit software as an excuse for you to upgrade
tl;dr get a fucking console if you want it to last 5 years.

>I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about

Dude threadripper and i9 are not at all intended for use with gaming. They are intended for media professionals where having multiple cores and hyperthreading will have a measurable speed benefit for thier productivity.

Gaming, as it is right now, does not take advantage of multiple cores or hyperthreading so spend the money on something that you won’t ever use. An i5-6700k is perfect for you. If you stream or do any YouTube shit then get an i7. I don’t know much about AMD’s lineup of equivalent processors so I won’t make recommendations.

Correction, typo: don’t spend the money on something you will never use.

Get a console!???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>every 1.5-2 years
Only if you insist on playing with everything maxed out.

You dont need either of those for a good gaming rig, dont spend more than you need unless you have the monies for it.

Just get a i5, you dont need anything more than that except for E-peen contests.

>get a console
gtfo faggot

Don't you need i7 for streaming in 1080p though? Assuming OP is going to stream.

I don't currently but Its something i have been considering.

Yeah me too. I'm gonna try streaming my shit on my i5 6600k that will arrive tomorrow, so on lower quality than you probably will if you get the i7 which is recommended for gaming streaming, and only to see what it's like. I guess Nvidia Shadowplay will be enough for my needs.