Yo Sup Forums what are the chances of getting tetanus from stepping on a nail...

Yo Sup Forums what are the chances of getting tetanus from stepping on a nail? Stepped on a nail about 15 minutes ago and I'm freaking out. It's not very deep and I pored some hydrogen peroxide on it but I'm still really worried. Haven't gotten a tetanus shot in a while. Pic unrelated, but my current worry level.

bump of terror

guys im scared

FUCK

Pretty low.
As long as you disinfect it yourself.
But it's not something you should risk.
Go see a doctor or go to the emergency room.

Doctor not an option, poor amerifat.

Getting the shot won't cost that much. Just do it and don't fuck around thinking about doing it.

Don't be a fag. Go to one of those drop-in clinics.

was it rusty? how deep is the wound?

Not very deep and I didn't see the nail. I went straight to the bathroom and poured peroxide on it.

Dude, go get that shot, even if it means you don't eat for a week. Lock jaw is not something you want to die from. It would mean your dying form starvation, a slow painful way to die

I can't go tonight I'll have to go tomorrow.

I really doubt you can get tetanus if the wound is not deep enough. I wouldnt worry. But yeah, you should get a shot just in case.

It'll be enough. Just don't put it off. If you begin to see red lines running from the wound, that's a sign of blood poisoning, but if you head there tomorrow for the shot, you'll be ok

Just so you know user, even a scrape is enough if it broke through the skin and bled.

YOU get a tetanus shot and YOU get a tetanus shot, everyone gets tetanus shots!!!!!

Here's an image

If I go to the ER what kind of procedure is to be expected? I lost my medical records so that'll be fucking fun.

I still disagree, chlostridium tetani is an anaerobe so the wound needs to be deeper and deprived of oxygen, plus if you ever got a tetanus shot before you should be alright since your body has enough antibodies to battle a minor infection, but only if the wound isnt deep enough.

Yeah its like AIDS.

You're gonna die faggot.

STOP SPOOKING ME

in all seriousness that's a very shallow wound and if they nail was clean-ish you should be in the clear. I work installing carpeting and that shit happens to me all the time on the tack strips along the wall. that said, it's not a bad idea to get the shot

Thanks fam. The nail I stepped on was outside. I was barefoot and I thought "If I step on this board I won't have to step on the wet dirty ground." You know the rest. I'm fairly certain the nail was dirty and rusty.

They pretty much just ask for your basic information and health insurance ... I cut my finger on a soup can a few weeks ago by trying to pry it open with a knife

odds are you're fine. I tore my thigh open on a rusty chain link fence, I've leaned on decades old tack strips. tetanus is rare but I consider myself stupid for not getting shots after these incidents. If you can spare the money i'd recommend seeing a doctor especially since the nail was dirty, wet, and rusty that all bumps the risk up. personally i'd rather be in debt than dead

Thank you, I'll go tomorrow. That cut must've sucked.

It sounds like you live a high-octane life lol

Ya it was too close to my nail to stitch so they just said fuck it and wrapped it up ... at least the trip and tetanus shot only cost $70 after insurance though

I hope the soup was good :D

If being too lazy to use gates and installing carpets is high octane call me ryan dunn

nigga ii lick a rusty razor blade to make ABSOLUTELY sure i dont waste any coke. im still alive. you will be fine.

You'll need a tetanus and antibiotics. Gonna get expensive unless you properly sterilise and quit.
Heat up that nail until its red hot and stick it back in there.

I'll get right on that