I have this old school TV with a built in nintendo from the late 80s. These things are extremely rare...

I have this old school TV with a built in nintendo from the late 80s. These things are extremely rare, a quick search of these on ebay you'll see they go for about $1000.

I have one of these pieces of shit in my parents basement. They've been telling me for months to come get it. This thing is seriously a legitimate pos. First of all, 3 of the 4 legs are broken. This is purely cosmetic, but uncountable neckbeards on ebay have lowballed me prices like $25-50 for months because of this.

On top of this, the NES part doesn't even work. You get the typical flashing screen NES problem, maybe 1/100 times it will boot the game. Its a very cheap fix, and ff this was just a normal NES, it would be relatively easy. However, you have to basically take the entire thing apart and its a huge process because there is a TV attached.

Most offers I've got have been in the $25-50 range, and theyre from the absolute worst types of people. Dudes messaging me 10 times in a row on letgo at 4 am offering me very common PS1 games I have no interest in for this piece of shit.

I want to make a video of me destroying this thing and putting it on youtube just to stick it to all these dick head rip off artist nerds who have been trying to get this thing from me for months. I dont know how to do it though, a baseball bat would just be stupid, this thing is massive and very heavy, and I'm pretty sure if you touch the inside of a CRT even if its unplugged you can get electrocuted because they hold a charge. Taking an aluminum baseball bat to this just seems like a bad idea.

I debated for a split second throwing it in the lake, but theres alot of reasons I morally object this for pollution reasons, I also think that I might be prosecuted if the police in my small town see it, and I have a youtube channel of about 3000 subs. I could also possibly electrocute some fish/swimmers this way, so i'm not doing this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QfwOi-_0GIQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharp_Nintendo_Television
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I want to destroy this thing for a few reasons. First, to represent me letting go of a very old piece of equipment I used to have in highschool when I was a huge neckbeard, which I am very far removed from and disgusted by now. Second, to piss off a bunch of geeks who have been trying to rip me off for months, and other internet losers who would be pissed about this kind of stuff. Its a sign of me completely divorcing that entire group of people of people.

Anyone got any suggestions of how to do this?

tl;dr - OP is upset that his NES ain't worth shit

Best way to piss people off is to keep it on ebay for a ridiculous price. Mention in the ad how it's VERY RARE and a PRICELESS PIECE OF VIDEO GAME HISTORY and other kinds of bullshit.
Also mention how lowballers will be ignored, you will only sell to TRUE VIDEO GAME CONOISSEURS that can appreciate it's value.

I second this. As a matter of fact, I got very mad reading this. Fuck you.

I'm trying to sell it for a decent price, I started at $300 and after I realized that wouldn't fly I started doing $150-200 under the premise that someone who knew what they were doing could take it apart and fix it. These fuckers wont have it, all my offers are in the $25-75 range

if THAT made you mad, you better stay the fuck away from the jewelry industry

If you do smash it do not damage the front of the screen whilst standing in front of it.

Your comment regarding the picture tube holding a charge is wrong.
The tube is a sealed vacuum, smashing the front of it whilst stood there can result in the colour guns ( which are sharp metal) being released at a very fast rate. Worst case scenario can be decapitation.

holy shit
is their any way I can destroy this thing without risking death?

Give her another N64 game.

lol that dude is trolling or he is retarded

just put it in your driveway and throw a rock through the screen dumbass

no, the NES is death

Can of thermite on top. One of the niggers here has the jpg on how to make it.

go to a junk yard, and pay the guy that smashes shit with the crusher 50 bucks to let you do it and live stream destroying it infront of nerds and gamers live.

This. OP stated it's extensively damaged and requires extremely laborious (read: expensive for a business or bothersome for a collector) repairs. To top it off, it only appeals to a very niche set of buyers.
Learn supply and demand, faggot.

make a video series of you attempting to restore it and post it on your channel. After awhile either succeed, or fail and destroy it. You might also gain a greater bid from one of your subscribers if they are positively disposed towards you.

This is true. A 7 yr old boy in Akron was decapitated in June by throwing a brick at a tv. The resulting explosion severed his neck 80 % of the way through. He bled out in his brothers arms.

You could sell the right to destroy it on eBay.

Link?

Opposite end of the tube has a glass end.
Tapping this with a screwdriver with a little force will pop the tube and release the pressure. If done properly you will hear a release of air

You'll probably fail at destroying it, injuring yourself in the process.
Actually, do make this video. Play Yakkity Sax as a soundtrack. It will be hilarious.

Use a shotgun.
youtube.com/watch?v=QfwOi-_0GIQ

This is a great idea actually

who the hell is the chick in the vid?

milo_rose or milotta

op why did you comment twice appearing to reply to yourself?? nigger

I didnt?

nice, thanks

That television is worth maybe $100 based on the condition you're describing. You're not being lowballed, you're just a retard.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharp_Nintendo_Television

Curious. Is it this thing?

No

dude, you're just throwing away 25-50 bucks, what's the point just sell it