2006 :)

God Tier Matches in Each WC

>1998
Argentina vs England
Netherlands vs Argentina
Brazil vs Denmark
France vs Croatia

>2002
Korea vs Italy (even with the massive refball, it was really entertaining)
England vs Brazil

>2006
Argentina vs Mexico
Spain vs France
Brazil vs France
Germany vs Italy

>2010
Germany vs England
Netherlands vs Brazil
Argentina vs Germany
Uruguay vs Ghana
Netherlands vs Uruguay

>2014
Spain vs Netherlands
Brazil vs Chile
Brazil vs Germany

>98
bad end

other than that, GOAT world cup

2018 will be the best world cup when southgate leads us to glory.

How mad are you all right now?

>implying you'll witness something better in a WC than the Ronaldo drama before the final

Imagine in the last world cup Messi with a misterious illness the day before the final, nobody knowing if he was going to play or not and speculations about the true reason

>pic not related

>tfw too young to remember 98 or 02

agree, but the senegal meme in 02 was shite

>t. Jean-Marcel O'Baguette

Points deduced from 10 for Spain winning.

fuck I forgot >nuremberg happened in 06 ;_;

>flag

10=14

>no portugal vs netherlands
>no portugal vs england
kys spic

>portugal vs england
shit match aside from Rooney stepping in Carvalho's balls and "le stop benuldies man"

I'll give you the Battle of Nurnberg, though

>there are people ITT who remember the 1994 World Cup
Dad?

post your favourite world cup player ever

POWER GAP

POWER GAP

Literal shit

POWER GAP

I don't care, I unironically enjoyed it for the lulz

>there are people who remember 94

23 here. Plan on leaving at 25 desu.

I was 7 years old back then, I vaguely remember falling asleep during Italy-Brazil.

and nothing more, 10 doesn't deserve even being rated

14 > 06 >>>> 10

No, we were also third

this triggers Sup Forums

>2014 was basically 3 years ago
Fucking hell.

dont worry. just one more summer, then fall, then winter, then spring and already summer again and the next world cup

Just 8 more months til it's a World Cup year

>tfw we might actually qualify

I was 4 and I remember it happening, remember the news and the hype but I didn't actually watch a single match.

France 1998 was totally different, a Samba de Rio commercial hyped the shit out of me. I watched almost everymatch just because I loved that song, was like getting hanged into a cartoon just for the intro.

no hand to stop you?

but the Confed Cup is months away!!!! Can you feel the excitement?

I have a question.

Is there any state or city in the United States, where soccer is the most popular sport and where MLS is the dominant professional sports league?

I'm looking for places in USA, where people just like soccer.

And where the NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL are not at all popular

Any place with lots of spics

>tfw you remember the 2006 final
I was ready to end it all

98 = 06
10 = 02
Italy 90 was fucking awful, the worst ever.

2014: Groups were full of high scoring games and great goals, most knockout games were engaging, some good stories like Costa Rica going through and Spain and England crashing out. Also >7-1
2006: High quality football, with big teams and big names mostly performing. It was a one of my favourite eras of players too, with the Ronaldinho Brazil, Zidane's France team, the stacked Portugal side and of course Italy.
2002: First tournament I watched properly was Euro 2000 and I remember being hyped for this. It was a complete rollercoaster before it even started for Ireland with Roy Keane leaving the team. A load of matches were on while I was in school so they wheeled in a TV to let us watch them if it was an Irish game. We got off school early when Robbie Keane scored against Germany. Then there was South Korea and Turkey, the US, Brazil-England and Fatnaldo getting the title he deserved. Really enjoyed it.
2010: BZZZZZZZZZ. Spain winning the thing with 1-0s all through the knockouts summed it up. If it wasn't for the vuvuzelas I would have fallen asleep. Paul the Octopus only became popular because there was nothing else interesting to talk about, except for Suarez's handball.

DENNIS BERGKAMP
DENNIS BERGKAMP!!!
youtu.be/XsZkCFoqSBs

tfw you weren't in Korea to push it up a hot k girl celebrating the shock defeat of Italy

>was there ever a better world cup?
Yes.

You have to go back

>not remembering 94

I'd say your closest bet is RSL. (salt lake city, Utah) Only other competitive team is the Utah Jazz nba team. The problem is, where there's not professional sports, there's college sports. drive to bum fuck nowhere alabama and some dudes gonna roll in wearing a university of alabama football jersey screaming rolltide. There's no escape for the MLS

>gol of the century
>match of the century
>hand of god

fuck off idiot

02(purely for the keks I secretly wish to see something as awful as this again)
14(7-1)
06( zidane kek. Trezeguet misses from the spot kek)

I'm a newfag sue me.

>we will never make it into the world cup and crashing out with 0 points and 0 goals ever again

kill me senpai

>all those people rating 2006 so fucking high because "MUH EMOTIONS" despite all the teams playing like dog shit

that cup was probably the worst one in terms of football quality. Even Spain 2010 would have steamrolled that fucking tournament. Its been over a decade and i still cant believe the best player of the year was Cannavaro. Motherfucking Cannavaro, a shitty defender that no one remembers.

Came here to post this. God bless you. 94 was also awesome cuz of Romanias run. 2006, 2010, 2014 also cool. I don't really remember 90, 98 and 2002.

You are so right.

>All this hate on 2010

It was such a shitshow it actually became entertaining
>BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
>English goalkeeping, USA wins 1-1
>France fucking imploding
>NZ finishing undefeated
>Best Korea makes an appearance and has fake Chinese supporters
>Suarez hand of God 2 electric boogaloo vs Ghana
>Maradona managing Argentina
>Spain and Netherlands play the worst, most violent game in recorded human history

where is Germany - Argentina?

SALMON LA BAMBA I SAY
SOCCER SOCCER HEY HEY
SOMETHING SOMETHING
LET'S GO TO AFRICA

Which one?

UNBIASED AND OFFICIAL RANKINGS:
1. 2014
2. 1998
3. 2002
4. 2006
5. 2010

imagine how awesome it would have been had croatia won the 98 WC

>final not over after 90'
>good WC
Pick one.

2014 was objectively the best world cup of all of them from 98 till today (the ones I've seen). Anyone who says otherwise is basing it on how their country did or nostalgia goggles. High scoring, funny results, great goals and all round good vibes.

2014 was much better than anyone thought it would be, it was thought it was going to be a massive disaster

All this 2014 love.
Sup Forums likes memes over football.

>truly there is nothing I love more to watch in football than the sweet science of a good 0-0. Quality man marking truly gets the pulse racing, only plebs need concern themselves with lowest common denominator trash like """"goals"""" and attacking play

had there not been eng-ita-uru-crc group, 2014 WC would have been as boring as euro 2016, but with less meme magic

>you now remember Iran-Nigeria

2014 was the best because i bet on Deutschland to win before group stage
98 was the first I watched and I frankly don't remember much of it
2002 was dogshit refball korea should be banned from competition for a decade, but at least the good guys won in the end
2010 and 2006 were boring all I remember is >Zidane

>2014 was the best because i bet on Deutschland to win before group stage
Good man

Come on, Nacho. Just because you fizzle out badly doesn't mean it was an objectively bad WC.