Why does hip-hop have such a short shelf life?

Why does hip-hop have such a short shelf life?

It's almost impossible to listen to anything in the genre that's more than a couple years old (pic related)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/T4c1PkyZ0hI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Early 90s stuff has aged well IMO.

Generally the production but the cringey lyrics don't do it any favors (though it's always weird when you go back to an album from a few years ago and notice how terrible all the lyrics were when you thought the album was the best thing ever when it was released)

Hip-hop is the fast food of music... with exceptions

I dunno, Eminem's stuff from 99-05 is still VERY popular here

>memenem

What are you talking about, OP? Obviously certain fads and artists lose popularity and end up sounding dated, but there are plenty of rappers that sound timeless.
That being said, Eminem's only talent was his technical skill. His lyrics are cringey and edgy as fuck. It really matches the late 90's and early 2000's.

People who think skill isn't the most important thing in rap listen to t-pain or bones.

try this

overrated, even moreso than talib kweli

overrated maybe but i wouldnt say its dated

>Rap has a short shelf life
>Memes have a short shelf life

Coincidence? I think not.

it requires talent to make something that's truly timeless, and rap is a talentless genre top to bottom.

>

>u cant spell CRAP without RAP XDDD i listen to evrything but rap and contry

>Why does hip-hop have such a short shelf life?
because you dont like it, or you only like shitty poppy shit like eminem, and do that thing that teenagers do with pop music where they treat anything more than 3 years old as being LIEK OIMG SO OLLLLD XDD

Cmon man dont drag country into this, its a good genre.

>Hip-hop is the fast food of music
but mcxdonalds fries last longer than any other kind of food

but can you prove me wrong?

Country is timeless

>listening to The Last Poets at work because I'm the Token Woke Negro
>hood nigga comes by to borrow a tool
>tch nigga how you gonna rap wit no beats this shit gay

you proved yourself wrong by being retarded, there's nothing left to refute. do you have any other opinions you think are objective facts?

hip hop is changing rapidly

Explain what you mean.

is your life an episode of the boondocks?

>That nigger wearing an Ankh

WE

memes have warped your mind

Stop listening to bad hip hop. You'll soon get over XXXFagnacion too.

youtu.be/T4c1PkyZ0hI

Pic related is my favorite hip-hop album and it has only gotten better with age. Still sounds unique, atmospheric and one of the few hip-hop albums that I would describe as sounding aquatic. Quality always triumphs and prevails doesn't matter what the genre is.

I don't know what you're thinking by posting Eminem. With very few exceptions his music was always glorified pop music. The run he had between 2009-2013 was just the worst pop-rap imaginable.

MMlp and the Eminem Show aged well

This is the stupidest thing I've heard. The only things that have aged bad in rap are the 2006-7 region where everybody was using autotune and crazy synths, 80s hiphop, and 2010 trap like Waka Flocka, and early 2000 eminem. Literally every other type and era of hiphop doesn't sound aged. Memphis rap still sounds good, it's just lofi early trap after all. 90s still sound good, just classic boom bap and brakes over samples. Early 2000 is good, as the genre was experimenting a lot at that time, and we saw the release of 3030, Madvillainy, and the college dropout. Post 2010 saw more genre combining and experimenting than any other era.

Rap is almost always shit when it relies mainly on the beat/music and this was the case for 90% of post-2010 songs

Most rap songs that are released now feel like the artist put not effort into making it lyrical other than just basic rhymes, which is a shame because this was the main highlight of rap in my opinion

I doubt anyone will think highly of anyone whose name starts with "lil" or "young" in 10 years time