Guys how do you deal with the fact that time is only an illusion?

Guys how do you deal with the fact that time is only an illusion?

>illusion

masturbating, mostly

Checked.

yes, perception of time is an illusion you loser.
Oh, I just realized I didn't call anyone a loser in a while. Cheers mate.

time itself is still a quantifiable force of the universe

babby's first metaphysics

>in a while
why would that matter if time is an illusion? way to completely contradict yourself

ok faggot. Let me ask you this: how do you deal with the fact that perception of time is just an illusion?

it matter because I love living an illusion. Everything internally consistent

one day at a time

Time is what you make it, lad, and I make it about ten past nine.

I have the perfect method for dealing with it. I'll type it up and post it here in a couple of years.

once you give up days just blur together wondering witch day the world is going to end or witch day you feel like killing myself the most

either one is fine with me i cant find purpose in anything and i spend most of the time my brain allows me to preserve the universe stoned or drunk

>Guys how do you deal with the fact that time is only an illusion?

Learn advanced Physics (cutting edge shit) and you will realize that time is everything.
All else is somewhat of an illusion.

if you have a cutting edge education of advanced physics why are you on /b?

I don't have time for your bullshit

Do you perceive time? If yes then it's not an illusion you cunt.

>time is quantifiable
>time is a force

Please elaborate

time exists its just a very strange and can speed up the closer you are to something of great density

How exactly is it an illusion?

Things grow/age, mature, heal after illness, die or decay.

time is relative depending on your location, technically if you are on the ground floor of a building time is moving slightly slower than for the person at the top floor.

I stopped being a fag and actually spent "time" doing stuff. Contemplation of existence is a sever waste of.

i have been in a lot of drugs and i can confirm, lsd ,good marijuana, peyote, etc. really affect your perception of time, and make you realize that you are living a illusion, it's not a dream, but everyone consciousness are just different illusions that interact between them, society blinds us, society is an invention, but most of the people live all their lives thinking that society was always there and was everything

i normally garden and try to get better paying jobs. Also, cut out all the cancer people out of my life.

>Pic related.

By rationalizing the whole picture: this life is an illusion. Time is simply a construct that hard differentiates one moment from another. When you die, you find out that time is not a real thing, as external from time, everything exists simultaneously.

shit sorry forgot to crop.

>"living a illusion..."
sure thing user, take your meds and go back to bed

He's actually right. God, i hate when stupid people pretend they're the smartest, you people ruin life.

it's not an illusion in the terms that it never existed, but we just can mesure consicousness, it doesn't exist for us, but it exists somehow, we dont understand it yet, if in a future science understands the relationships between brain/body and consciousness then your rational shit will be the only truth

there is no such a thing as a one thing as everything. There might be something that is a part of everything, but things are different and they can't be one thing.

i think this is what OP meant but hes a stinko tardy

Hello fellow Intellectual.

How many Rick and Morty episodes have you seen?

i think he is right and you need to really think about why the thing he just said offends you this mutch

what the fuck faggot? This is your real life? ahahahah, cmon dude, post some more photos of your life.

not that user but iirc the time is defined by the electronic transition frequency of caesium atoms

i think op said time is an illusion not because it doesn't exists, but because every living creature experiences it differently, and well, non-living objects they dont even experience it, they just flow

missed joke LOL

It is not, it's another dimention. x,y,z,time. We can notice and measure it but we can't see it or change our momentum on it. We can only comprehend it.

Well humans are the only ones aware "time" is running out.

Other animals just live and if something threatens them they either run or fight. When they get old they just like "o shit" and die.

Humans sit here and wonder wtf is happening in the universe

Heard something on tv while back: "The organisms who made our reality did one fine job, it looks pretty real". That's one way of looking at it. You can feel very scared that your whole existence is so unreal, but you can also make the best of what you got.
Still i'm pretty depressed myself so don't take it from me.

>Heard something on tv
>"The organisms who made our reality did one fine job, it looks pretty real"
The history channel is not what it used to be, man.

about 3 that show is nonintellectual garbage with random snippets of highschool science

the only redeeming factor about that show is justin

>You can feel very scared that your whole existence is so unreal,
Why would it be scary? It's part of the plan. If we came to be humans and were somehow able to carry the entirety of our universal, immortal knowledge with us to this slow dimension, we'd all be crippled by knowledge and would not be able to live a human life where we learn lessons, suffer, struggle and all that other shit we need to experience.

>time is force
time is a measure of entropy. like gravity, time does not exist independent of matter.

it all started when we stood up and our brains could be heavier

First of all, I don't live in America. We actually have good TV here.
Second, it's not from history channel
Third, it's a take on the theory that we live in a simulation.

I thought this a good perspective to look at. You are not special, just try to enjoy this beauty.

Asshole

>time is only an illusion
doesn't understand spacetime
I blame the schools...

now were sitting on an anonymous image board arguing about time and none of us really know what were talking about but we still feel like we have something to prove.

Thanks user, will check that regarding quantification, but still . Still cant grasp the "force" part, wich was the most disturbing actually.

>projecting
You're partially right, but some of us are less ignorant than others

I get you, but you take it some steps to far. I'm not talking about all the infinite knowledge out there,
but there is something unnatural about humans in space. It's awesome but it opens up a whole new chapter
of darkness but also wonder. It's just simpler to piss in a hole and take some fruit from a tree then the time we live in now.

You take criticism like a bitch, and made a shit point. Of course if it was a simulation, it would be a pretty good one, that's why we wonder wether or not it is one.

i'm not american either.

ironically this itself will be forgotten in the sands of time as well

yeah I don't know about that, I would not call time a force, but maybe that user was just being poetic

By realizing that time travel is impossible unless you invent a machine which can rearrange matter to it's former state.

i think he was katy perrying science out of his ass

Criticism? You just troll my comment instead of making an actual point about the perspective I was talking about.
And after that you actually agree with me? All in all we are what our brain is telling us, but by implementing new perspectives you can break free from the box. But there is always a bigger box.

Well, in the end nothing matters, but I'm not watching you killing yourself because of that

Don't you have home work to do ?

Sleeping is a time travel process

>Well, in the end nothing matters
What if... just what if in the end, everything matters?

Except that time is just a convenient ratio we use to more easily compare the movement of material objects.

do you guys think plants have a perception of time, if you see the timelapse videos, you see them moving fluidly, like a second to them is a day to us

traveling forward in time is possible, and the speed of time can be changed through manipulation of acceleration or mass.

what a retard lol

I mean, it's the old gamble, but I have not seen nor heard a thing that points in that direction.

However those chemical and physical processes have nothing to do with time, but rather the gain or loss of energy in the material being referenced.

the end is the climax to our human experience i wont waste it on something as trivial as the concept of time.

they naturally fixate them selves in the direction of a source of light.

I don't think so, most of their movement is because their photosensitivity

I'ts time to fuck!

Fuck... right...

ma nigga

Pretty sure human beans are the only ones who keep track of time. Animals just know. Ever see a cat? Those niggers sleep whenever and get up when they feel like it.

Hell yeah

I just stated something obvious about simulation theory. I do not believe we live in a simulation.

>Ever see a nigger? Those cats sleep whenever and get up when they feel like it.

So then kill yourself? You'd at least do all of us a favor. That'd be swell.

The only thing that changes when you alter the acceleration and mass of an object is the relative distance it could travel in comparison to another object. So time itself does not have speed, only a change in the divisor used for comparison.

A dioramic display of Natural History—say, a model of Neanderthals in the hunt—shows Nature devoid of meaning; that is, a time before the origin of secular history, before the origin of conceptualizations of time.

acid... lots and lots of lsd

I think what you are really asking is how do we deal with the fact that every aspect of our physicality is rooted in a reality of three dimensions and the arrow of time.

You can't control this, your only choice is to exist and die in this reality. How you rationalize it won't change anything but your attitude.

Good clean LSD will change the world
Get a lab up and running

thisss

That's pretty good

a moving clock will show time passing more slowly than a stationary clock. thats a central premise of relativity.

Not yet I have that planned
You should start planning too
In 100 years every trace of you will be gone and the world will move on.

Time is a human construct, there is only grow and decay.

yea me neither it's pretty bullshit.

A very valid assumption for someone living in a simulation.

measurement of time is a human construct, time itself as consequential events is not

The experience of you is an illusion. Asserting illusions inside your own is a little much don't you think?

The hose sould be under the plastic, no ?

Except that a clock does not track time, it tracks pulses of electromagnetic energy, mechanical motion, or some other form of counter which isused to compare how many pulses have occurred while motion of another object is being observed.
So what is changing is the rate at which those pulses are being produced, or the rate at which they can be detected, which decreases the overall count and makes it appear as if time has slowed down.

The "simulation" concept of reality is very seductive and comforting. It allows us to believe we are somehow more "real" than the things around us, that the current reality may disappear but we will still exist apart from it. Its like heaven for the millennial gamer crowd.

What is time if not a measure of entropy or change?

I would conduct experiments to explore this theory, but i make jack shit for a paycheck so the most i can do now is math, try replacing the coefficent for time in equations with a ratio for pulses of a cesium 133 atom.

Race is a social construct

Its twice as bad at lunchtime.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Rip in piece Scott Adams