Ok. This is my first time in the US and this is the first thing I see going to a public restrooms...

Ok. This is my first time in the US and this is the first thing I see going to a public restrooms. What the fuck is up with the U shaped toilet seat they have?

Other urls found in this thread:

mentalfloss.com/article/64677/why-are-public-toilet-seats-u-shaped
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A lil extra dick room

its so men dont piss on the lid

OP confirmed for having a tiny cock

So when you're pissing with the seat up, and you realize you have to shit, you can easily lower it, turn around, and let loose.

A little space to rest your dick on

save a bit of plastic x1000000000000000 toilet = billions of dollars

Yup. Most men are too lazy to lift the seat up.

so mad at a toilet?

sit down autist

think about it fag

if an airline takes one olive out of a salad and saves 90k a year how much do you think the lid manufacturer saved?

OP here. So you like it to rest on the cold porcelain instead of just pissing inside the toilet? Sorry if I'm rude. I just don't understand.

If you produce 300 million toilet seats for America.
and it saves 10 cents in materials to cut a small piece of the seat out.

That's 3 billion cents, or 30 million dollars.

Maybe they save more money or they produce more toilets. who knows. and it can also serve a duel purpose so guys don't piss on the seat

Wiping from front

A little room to let my balls flop and dangle over the cool water.

But this was in the mens room. No man does from the front.

force redistribution prevents twisted mountings the annoying please fix my toilet seat thing where it's a little to one side because you wiggled around like a fuck while taking a shit, also caused by putting the toilet paper holder too far behind you so that you're twisting your weight into the seat as you reach for it

although why you would piss anywhere besides deep inside the anus of a little boy is beyond my comprehension

Why don't residential toilets have these then?

It's for sanitary purposes. So you can piss without having to touch the seat. Also saves money.

Not having a wooden shitter

where's this from?

Only answer

It's because we actually have cock and balls that aren't small you fucking cuck leave Amercia

They do in the projects. Public housing normally have them. I'm not sure why.

Ha! Gotee

its a little spot to rest our burgers while we wipe

This

Does that lid really have a plug on it? Is this evidence that the wealthy enjoyed gaping long before the poor discovered it?

The two-prong, open-front seat is required by the plumbing codes adopted by most public authorities in the U.S. “All water closet seats, except those within dwelling units, shall be either of the open front type or have an automatic seat cover dispenser,” as California’s state plumbing code reads [PDF]. The requirement was first included in the American Standard National Plumbing Code in 1955, and in the Uniform Plumbing Code in 1973, according to Dan Cole, a Technical Services Manager with the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO).

It's due to the fact that fat men need to wipe from the front. So your arm can go under your balls and clean up

Could have served some purpose lmaos

This is largely a matter of hygiene. No matter what kind of junk you’re packing, u-shaped seats give you a little breathing room to avoid touching the seat with your genitals, and provide one less place for urine to splash.

Open-front toilet seats are largely designed to make it easier for women to wipe, according to Lynne Simnick, the senior vice president of code development at the IAPMO. The opening is designed to “allow women to wipe the perineal area after using the toilet without contacting the seat,” she says. So basically, open toilet seats are designed for front-wipers. (Clearly the ladies in question have not been lectured on how to prevent UTIs.)

>no 4-point harness

ok its code

but why

>not being American broh

fat people cant whipe from the back

women don't sit on public toilets

so you can piss as a man, while standing. without having to lift the seat.

thats why sorry failed copy paste

Youtub

U-shaped seats are also cheaper, since they use less material. And they’re less likely to be stolen, according to Roger Barry, the managing director of Healthmatic, a UK-based company that designs and manages public restrooms. Though I question why anyone would want to steal a public toilet seat, he says that theft is a major problem. “The appearance of u-shaped seats is something that has dampened in the UK,” he reports, mostly because public toilets are no longer fitted with toilet seats at all to combat stealing.

How do you expect me to shit in this?

my dick hangs in the bowl so I put toilet paper in so it doesn't get cold against the porcelain

the split or seat cover suggests that it reduces the amount of urine on the seat coming in contact with other people

its only to wash... bidet

You don't. It's for brushing your teeth you fucktard

It's because Americans are faggots

While we are on this topic can anyone explain why there are black people selling shit in the restroom?

European anons have an inferiority complex and must shitpost about small minute detail they can bitch about in order to make their selves feel better about being dour cunts from a foggy shithole.

this, i have seen enough voyeur videos. they hover above and just fucking unload everywhere

people think womens toilets are nice and clean. they fucking are not

sorry for the ant gif but this topic reminded me of a show

Small dick anons don't understand boiiii

How does it help? It's really not like men can aim that good (why piss get's everywhere on the lid, and the floor aswell). Never got what that is for.

Because the most educated ones want a job

It's quite literally to deter theft. I don't remember where I read this but the shape of the seat, the opening, all of it is to stop people from taking them. Now I don't understand who the fuck would steal a public toilet seat, cause das gross. But there's your answer

here you go, germs, so women can wipe easier, and so they aren't stolen

I can see potential in this

topkek

Europes

>asians

as someone who worked in a bar and routinely checked both male and female toilets before closing up, I support this message. Women's toilets are just disgusting. Toilet paper on the walls, piss everywhere. Mens toilets? Most guys just go to the urinal, so the real toilets are usually pretty okay. At least they put the seat up. I have some female friends (who work in bars) who prefer to sneak in to the males toilet in clubs because they are cleaner (and also usually have no line).

>too lazy to lift the seat up.

or:
>I'm not touching that filthy thing

It's a feature that isn't negative enough to warrant making gender specific ones

>I have some female friends (who work in bars) who prefer to sneak in to the males toilet in clubs because they are cleaner (and also usually have no line).
also nobody would kick up a fuss compared to a guy using the ladies room

>So basically, open toilet seats are designed for front-wipers

I don't buy this, because if it were true,
then toilet seats at home would have the same design.
Since you mostly see these only in public shitters,
it's got to have something to do with public access.
Such as not having to sit on the dried pee drips from the previous dude who didn't lift the seat.

>Google "toilet seat theft"
>About 551,000 results (0.54 seconds)
Toilet seat theft is now a meme

None of the given reasons matter because humans are horrible animals and they piss and shit all over everything in a public toilet.

I fucking hated cleaning the restroom in the restaurants I've worked at.

Makes me think of the kid who made a thread about him stealing a sink from Wendys...

Who the fuck would steal a toilet seat. Aside from somebody with a fetish that is getting out of control it makes 0 sense to me.

as you're peeing, your stream gets weaker and weaker, eventually no longer going into the toilet but landing on the lid directly below you. removing this part of the lid removes most of the pee on the seat.

i imagine a nigger with a fat fuck girlfriend who broke the seat

Aww yes. The good ole John Thompson

It's for sanitary reasons so the people who stand and pee the dribble gets on the porcelain not the plastic. All public restrooms require it and if they don't have it it's against code.

*IF* they are for easier wiping, then why don't we all have them? Why only public toilets?

I know one reason. Public toilets are nasty, and if I had one of these seats in my house, I'd feel awful about it.

Truth, they just point their ass at the toilet and spray it everywhere. Then complain about men misshooting.

aint the plastic seat supposed to prevent injuries like if this happens ? like who the fuck sits on bare seat ?

this is correct

I'd probably fall asleep in this

So your penis doesn't touch if you get and erection while pooping

Most men don't get an erection from pooping

I surely hope not lmao

hey at least he's trying to make money the honest way, instead of rioting, stealing and or welfaring

it's the Ballsack Space

Not having a golden shitter

where the fuck is the toilet paper roll?

To prevent STDs

you just need to not to miss the hole

I do.

I have a friedn who crapped in a bidee. Took him 15 minutes to liquidify the turd with a hand shower.

The attendant wipes your ass for you.

so your dick doesn't rest on the seat right were every other guy's dick has rested.

pics or it never happened

using what kind of toiletry?
toilet paper didn't exist one century ago

I heard Japanese wiped the ass using -erm- chopsticks

I do as well. Front to back is so chicks dont get a shitty cunt. also have a bad back, i cant twist my entire torso around just to wipe my ass, but power to you.

It's so that the ass fat doesn't create a vacuum trapping the Amerifat on the toilet. They save millions of dollars each, by not having to get tow-trucks to help people off the toilet.

>4-point harness

5 point / 6 point or nothing.
You're better off with a factory lap sash belt than a 4 point harness.

So you can cool your balls on the ceramic rim