How easily can this be hacked Sup Forums?

How easily can this be hacked Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/how-amazons-in-home-delivery-works-2017-10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm sure there's an asian on here somewhere that'll do it in its first day of consumer release

>After verifying that the driver is near the place of delivery and a package is due to be delivered to that address, Amazon unlocks the door remotely, which activates the camera. There are no codes or keys exchanged.
So all you have to do is write a program that will send the same signal to unlock the smart key, but without activating the camera

why hack it when you can just follow around the delivery guy and wait for him to unlock some rich fuck's door?

You know what we do to niggers?

Alot fuckin easier to wear a mask and pick the lock

Link to the article about it.

Does it use the customer's internet connection or does it have its own broadcast system?

Regard them as racial victims and justify them doing the same thing to whites as whites have previously done to them, creating a vicious cycle in modern society?

businessinsider.com/how-amazons-in-home-delivery-works-2017-10

Think it uses user internet. I don't see how else a "smart Lock" would be controlled through an app or program. Definitely don't think it's able to broadcast its own thing..

After reading the article that's what it looks like too. It's most likely fine.

Why not enter the house by breaking the window or door?

>The driver will attempt knocking before requesting access via their Amazon handheld scanner.
So say someone gets their hands on one of these scanners (which is inevitable at some point) there are two signals to replicate right? One from the scanner and one from Amazon HQ. When they are reprogrammed to be sent from one device, minus the camera activation, you're good to go.

>capture wireless signal (extremely fucking easy)
>find a hole in its encryption (also easy, see heartbleed as a reference)
ta da! you've just gained access to some retards home..

I'm sure they'll be using one of the advanced encryption algorithms, so it might be hard from the technical side. But, in the end, it might be as easy as just taking one of the delivery workers phones

Noise factor. Look like you belong there and just fucking around with your phone then the door unlocks. To the neighbors it looks like the owner just unlocked it and let you in.

Exactly. At some point an Amazon employee will be fired, get pissed and sell the phone or whatever info needed in order to exploit it.

How did you make this image

Are you faggots stupid?

They use one time passwords

Right, 2 signals. Amazon makes a password then the delivery guy uses it. The trick is writing a program that acts as both password creater and sender that the smart lock will accept

keep in mind that while the driver is signed into the delivery app, they're tracked by amazon. You'll have max 4 hours (the most common shift length for AMZL drivers) to try and find someone on the route who is using the key, and if you actually walk inside the residence the customer is immediately notified.

so realistically you're mugging a guy for his phone, for the opportunity to rob one person, who will definitely know you are there and have you on camera.

Not doing all that exactly, I want to know if it's possible to make a program that will act as the key they use, but make the program in a way that dosn't notify Amazon, the home owner, or activates the camera.

A good feature to prevent this would be facial recognition. The app only works when facial identity by the driver is confirmed, which could just run in the background. It could also be tied together with finger print recognition, so you would pretty much have to point a gun to this persons head and take them hostage to the persons house, I'd rather just break a window less charges

no, and if it's possible, it won't be done by you. It will be 3-4 years from now and it will be a russian exploiting a built-in LEO backdoor.
next question.

I've had luck with 125k passive RFID keyless entry. Usually it was ~120 bits of digest on the fob.

Minus the identifier token, they actual key was even shorter. Clever people would probably be able to do it, but probably don't need to.

>the same signal to unlock the smart key, but without activating the camera
Not even Amazon is incompetent enough to use seperate flags for each event.

There u go. I guess they thought thered be too many variables involved with matching face and thumb print.
But either way Amazons is tards. The whole point of this thing is to prevent doorstep packages from being stolen. Why not leave the homeowner resposible for their own security?
They'll end up losing more money doing this shit

I wonder what encryption algorithm they are using, will look into it. I hope it's something like SHA-2

This is bait, right.

I think they need to pretty much make amazon lockers everywhere. I live in the middle of Philly and there's only 3 amazon lockers in manageable distance to me and they're all cancer. They're either always full, or not working right, or totally down. I think they should also have some pick up centers and hire some collect kid to give people their packages after checking ID.

college

you can ask for an amazon HUB at your apartment building. if enough people ask for one they'll do it.

Yeah, easy fix right there without investing into a gimmick that'll end up getting exploited.
There was talk of Amazon becoming the first billion dollar company but this seems like it will just ruin all that..