39 year old massive alcoholic here anons

39 year old massive alcoholic here anons.
Not pic related but getting there
>be me
>be trying to quit
>Feel withdrawals already kicking in
(It's only been about 14 hours since my last drink)
>have close to 80 coding pills to hopefully help
>needing to stay strong but every minute is torture and just wanting to drink to escape
>have a job interview tomorrow, and scared I'll be a wreck for it (exactly 23 hours time)
Any other anons here manage to make it?
How long were your withdrawals? How bad? How long sober? What improvements in your life have you noticed, other than the obvious?
Mentally how hard was it?
How much did your mental state improve after quitting?
How did you manage to quit?

Please give support/advice anons. I really need to make it this time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bcgwrDVKpRM
recoveroz.com.au/how-to-find-help/help-lines.html
m.soundcloud.com/user-205633393/buried-and-gone
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

*codine pills sorry

this advice im about to get you will save your life.

buy phenibut and kratom

take 250 mg of phenibut a day and 4 grams of kratom 2 times a day. welcome to your new life :)

both will help great with withdrawls

Where to buy user? Doctors script?

both are legal if you live in us

ceretropic depot for phenibut

meridian botannicals for kratom

reb bali is a great kratom strain for addictions of all sorts like heroin or alcohol

im not nearly close to your level but i was alco for a while where i spent literally all my money on it
Got fattest ive ever been and decided needed to lose some kgs
Pot helped me heaps because it was a twofer, you dont really wanna drink on it and it reduced my appetite
but really if its that gnarly i dont really know my dude, it all depends on someones situation and how much time you actually have to reflect and work on yourself
also remembering its a poison helps
Its slowly killing you

Ausfag here :(
Yeah I completely feel you. I'd happily smoke some pot right now if I had a dealer.
I was good looking user 7 years ago who went to gym heaps. Now I'm red faced, dark under eyes, fat face fuck. I hate looking in the mirror or having pictures taken of me.

Rough op, I'm kinda one too, but only now in the sense that I can't control after I start drinking just want more and more. Not drinking isn't a problem for me tbh. It's weird self control stuff I think.

>2 steel reserves on deck

i thin kratom at least is legal in australia

Yeah was just googling.
kratom Is illegal here fml.
phenibut however seems to be legal.

I used to be exactly like you. Have basically gotten shitface daily now for the past 7 years. The time is just a blur. Don't know how I managed to keep a job for most of it.

Lost both my Dad and brother to the drink over the past two years and it was hell...like watching someone slowly turn to goo and not being able to do anything about it...it's a hell of a way to go and not something I would wish on my worst enemy...stay strong OP and hope you get better!

Eating pussy can take your mind off of alcohol. youtube.com/watch?v=bcgwrDVKpRM

phenibut will definetly help you. if you are talking it without krtom do 500mg a day

Thanks user.
Yeah I was in the hospital twice last year almost dead from alcohol. Worst pain of my life. I bloated up like a balloon. Nil by mouth for over a week.
I was so messed up at one stage I tore out all the drips in my two arms during one semi-awake/semi-dreaming state. Blood everywhere.
Guy across from me hated me bc one time a nurse who hated him refused to see him first even though he was unable to breath. I told her to go help him but she wouldn't. I got moved to another ward the next day thankfully.
Each visit was for about 10 days. Longest I've gone without alcohol in since forever. 15 hours since last drop... One minute at a time...
Hehe thanks user. It certainly does.

Okay and thanks user. I'll go and pick some up today. Scared to drive bc shaking a little. Might bus it.
Gotta drive to interview tomorrow however.

Its a tough one OP....

I quit for 6 months, but I did it in a detox clinic, If you are uninsured its a hella expensive.

But got medicine ( basicly vicodin ) for first 3-4 days with each day lower dosage. Also they give quite alot of therapy.

I went from homeless, to now sitting in my own apartment. Although I do binge drink in the weekends ... and after binge drinking really takes 2-3 days to feel 'normal' again.

I spend most of my days sober now, you got to think man... the days before you drunk... what did you like doing?? For me it was skateboarding playing flight sims and cycling that took over the time I used to spend drinking.

Although I must say, after every weekend I feel like shit.... by the time I normalize its weekend again..... ah well

Im actually 8 months sober 4 days ago.
The withdrawls where hell, i never went to a clinic and had DT's and 2 seizures. Felt like i could have had a heart attack for 1 week straight.
They lasted 10 days, ended up with a condition known as hypoglycemia after i quit.
So it was kind of like withdrawing for 2 minths.... my heart went from a 10 - 6 in terms of health, and i barely turned 21 3 months ago....
Worst pain of my life mentally and physically bar non. Go to a clinic user and get some help, i wish i did!
Felt like i would drop dead any minute the first 4 days!
Keep your head up and don't give up the fight.

Codeine*

not the time for a job interview
cross that off your mind

get better, then reapply
alternatively go to job interview, fuck up, be mad with yourself, drink more

enjoy
sincerely,
weed addict on the verge to no more addict

What is your daily intake?
>booze
>food
>water

I'm hoping I don't get to bad by tomorrow. I can't cancel bc it's a job and I'm already such a disappointment to my wife.
I've read the withdrawals get worst from 48hours on out. Ill only be 36 hours since last drink when I sit for interview.
Yeah I can't afford that. Wish I could. Doctor knows I'm a massive alcoholic (but I lie to him saying I've quit) so he'd prolly prescribe me something.
Jesus, at 21 no less.
Sounds horrible.
If you can go all week without, I wish you luck you can cut it out on the weekends too user.

This year since I lost my job in April (probably due to my alcoholism, but I really fucked my back up then and was on oxy, so dumbed down even more)
I'll go through 4 bottles of wine a day.
I'll purchase 8 bc 10% discount and leave 4 there to collect the next day bc if I take 8 I'll likely drink all.
When I was working it was 3 in the evening and 4 on weekends.
I'll drink a heap of water at night bc dehydrated af.
I eat pretty decently most days. Some days I eat fuck all bc wine fills me up. Too much meat though.

Don't worry, im clean now.
Was drinking a pint and 2 40oz beers too a 1/5th of jack daniels (original) wvery day for a year and a half straight.
I decided on my own to quit cold turky and i payed for that! Try to taper it off.

At 20, i never imagined i would have what seems like a near death experience!
Keep your head up and never give in!

How bad is your liver what's your enzyme count? Above 400?

Was above 400 years ago. Hate to see what it is now. It's destroyed. When I'm not drunk I have a dull pain in my liver.

i withdrew in hospital (bleeding esophageal varisces), on 120mg oxazepam daily, some other benzos thrown in, diazepam and tranxene i think. also lithium for some reason. compared to cold turkey it was a walk in the park. still had dt's though. sober for years now.

I think I have to go cold turkey. There is no tapering it off for me.

No problem op, you can get this job. Now, can you or your wife get to the nearest drugstore?

Nice man keep it up!

Yeah withdrawals can be rough it's actually what killed my brother after his last bender his heart just couldn't take another detox and that was it...caused me nothing but problems but still miss the fuck out of him!

Congrats user. Yeah I had two good chances last year when admitted to hospital. I hate that I didn't make a go of it then.

I'm sure I can do it, to get the phenibut. Think I'm really going to need it.

Damn that sucks but from the doctors have told me the liver is one tough fucking organ...docs told my Dad before he died Dad that he had about 10% functioning liver left but despite that they said he could still live a reasonable life if he just stopped...unfortunately he just wasn't up for it...

Damn sorry to hear user. My father,step-father, older bro and older step-bro are/were all alcoholics.
Ironically my dad died of emphases and never smoked.

>also remembering its a poison helps
>Its slowly killing you

isn't that the point?

i nearly died from the bleeding (more than 2 liters) and that scared me straight. now have cirrhosis, but it's been stable. i'll see how far i make it. i hope you quit before it's too late.

Don't have the experience to help, but have worked in a detox clinic recently. See if they have a local one and ask for information. It's no shame to consider and ask for help.

Hang in there user. People are routing for you.
Try and do things you enjoy that alcohol inhibits. I personally like videogames that need concentration and control, also drawing, both need hand eye coordination and concentration. When i'm drunk i get frustrated and feel like shit because i can't comfortably get gud or in the groove with them. The physical state alcohol gives you inhibits your fun and what making things happen that you envision. That way you might also feel less eager to grab that next drink.

My step-father gave up a few years before he died. Doc put the fear into him that one more bender and good night.
I still remember being 4 and he was writhing in pain on his bed during detox. Died of massive stroke.

Must be tough bro. However, you've already completed the most important step of admitting you have an unhealthy dependency to alcohol.

I've found that peer pressure (quitting together with someone else) along with counseling helps a lot. Check out www.counsellingonline.org.au which is funded by the government and it's a free service. There's also local ones you can contact at recoveroz.com.au/how-to-find-help/help-lines.html

Emphysema*
If it starts to get unmanageable, I'll have to do that, Ty user. I used to be able to play video games drunk. Now I'm a complete mess and can't play for shit. I should buy new destiny 2 and try get my mind off things.
Congrats user. Do you have any kids? It's great you will live a lot longer. I already feel like I'm living on borrowed time.

Oh nice thanks user. I'll check them out now.

here

while i was working there the nurses and doctors and psychiatrists were talking about a patient who also insisted on going cold-turkey, after a while they decided "ok" let's try it. But they already knew he was gonna have a harsh as fuck reaction and come crawling back for help in the end.
They didn't do this to be mean btw, it's just that they explained how the rather manic mindset of now i'm gonna stop immediately! people with addiction slide to on one side of the spectrum makes it extra hard on themselves because the harsh relapse it causes then makes it feel more hard and scary to stop then it has to be.
I know this is via via, but thought it would be good to relay they info they talked about.

No, get a box of emergen-c, and maybe a bottle of Gatorade and a soda. Take a couple of swigs from the Gatorade and dump 2 or 3 packets of emergen-c, then drink it down. It has a ton of b vitamins in it. The soda is for the am, in case your tummy feels wierd. The employer expects you to be a nervous wreck, you are going to be making your case for why they should hire you. Might want to get some eye drops too. You are having normal anxiety due to no booze, so you may get little to no sleep tonight. Also that jumping out of your skin feeling goes away.

4 bottles is a LOT, even if its reduced towards the 12% alc. end.

For how long?

Remember your brain/body being accustomed to being both jacked up and sedated on booze is a by product of constant drinking without a break. The 'want' of your body to remain at a certain level is not an actual want - and its not what YOU want. So you have to dissociate a bit when cravings come - Its not your desire, its your body's acclimation.

sure, we all like being high, but thats not all we want all the time - and if that is all you want all the time, well - change your wants. All life isnt shit. The chance at existing is literally one of a kind. Its joyful - learn to enjoy it sober.

Why don't you take a nap bro

Was drinking 3 40s a day after work everyday and on weekends would start early
Then I got the stomach problems like crazy. Stomach hurt all the time, diarreah nonestop, feeling like SHIT every day

I tried to slow down... to one 40 a day but was still shitting awful diarrhea and gurgling stomach all the time. But it was so hard to stop

I used to smoke weed drink beer and eat Takis (fire)
I stopped eventually. Everything. I am now trying to lose weight and excise. Crave it everyday but it's not that bad.

Best choice. I could have made. Been like 3 months and feeling better. feel like a little fucking kid now because if I get a hard shit or even semi solid I cheer. Looking at my shit with a flashlight and I get happy when it's not watery and explosive.

Pic related, took a shit while writing this. It's looking better every day.

I'm only 23 too. Sad

no kids, no particular reason to live. the reasons you start drinking are still there after you quit, i guess. but ever since that bleeding, i don't want to die anymore. at least not by means of alcohol. i can eek enough pleasure out of the little things to keep me going.
>I already feel like I'm living on borrowed time
me too, but from the opposite perspective. every day is a bonus. a shitty bonus, but still.

some advice for drinkers; your liver can take a lot of abuse, but it needs time to do its thing. have a rule, like no drinking before 6, or not on sunday. anything to relieve your liver, so it can repair some damage. if you start drinking when you wake up until you pass out, every day, your liver will go out fast. like 7-8 years. also, visit a doctor, even if you don't want to quit. they can give you meds that will slow your decline. thiamine, k1, diuretics etc.

I'll take it into account user. I'm really hoping that the withdrawals won't be too bad for me. I've taken 120mg codeine since starting this thread and feel a bit better. Gotta wait another 8 hours before I can take more. Well if I cared about my liver properly :/
I'll have to google it. Sounds legit though. Keep up electrolytes and vitamins. Just drinking lots of water atm.
It wasn't always wine. In Japan I was lonely af, and drifting away from ex-wife so I was drinking Chu-hi which is a cheap af 8-9% alcoholic sugary drink. I got diabetes from that one. :/
And you are right about looking to good things in life...

Former prison drug counselor here, I've probably watched a hundred people detox from booze alone.

If you can't get ahold of anything like phenibut, xanax, klonopin or Valium, don't fucking try to come down on your own outside of a hospital. The shakes can turn into seizures and kill you. Opiate withdrawals will make you want to die, but sedative-hypnotic withdrawals will actually make it happen. Good luck, boyo.

Good for you user.
Had a similar experience when i turned faggytarian. My bowels feel fucking amazing everytime i take a shit now. Like one long push everytime to eventually pop out an entire poop limousine in the water. It's great.

Lol

m.soundcloud.com/user-205633393/buried-and-gone

Thinking to try soon but doubt I'll be able to. Stomach is a bit sore.
My shit is fucking horrid. I have the squirts a good 3-5 times daily.
Good on you for quitting user.
Great comment user. I think a lot like you. Just still drinking to bury my past.

this. Look into naltrexone.

So it's been what 16 hours now? And when you interview it will have been about 24? You are gold op, you got this. Honestly the best thing you can do at this point is lay in bed, in the dark. You will probably have shitty sleep, but you can still rest. Did you already shave and shower?

I know I can get some Valium from dr. I'll book an appointment now. Ty user.

GO TO BED!!!

Interview is in 22hrs.
I haven't shaved but I will today not tomorrow, bc I hate shaving and get a bit of a rash sometimes so want that cleared up before interview.
Thanks for the support user.
This many replies and not a single kys
Is this even Sup Forums lol
I'm really thankful for all the support anons.

This. Same thing happened to me. Kratom literally saved my life. I wouldn't have stopped drinking. I'm so glad I placed that first order out of desperation. Best decision I ever made. Been sober now since 12-14-2014.

Fucking beautiful user.
Need to try and get my hands on some here in Au.
Did you feel it was addictive?
Either way it is by far the lesser of two evils.

39 year old massive phenibut and kratom addict here anons.
Not pic related but getting there
>be me
>be trying to quit
>Feel withdrawals already kicking in
>(It's only been about 14 hours since my last >phnibut/kratom suppository)
>have close to green tea bags to hopefully help
>needing to stay strong but every minute is >torture and just wanting to buttchug >phenibut/kratom to escape
>have an IQ text tomorrow, and scared I'll be a >wreck for it (exactly 25 hours time)
I am not a robot

You bet op, we expect updates. Also, put your clothes out beforehand so it's one less thing to think about.

>gotdiabetes from that one :/
i chuckled tbh

>be me
>be alcohol
>almost a liter of vodka or brown whisky a day for years
>get home from work
>start to pour drink
>gag some just watching the cup fill
>bottomsup.exe
>vomit
>pour new drink and it goes down and stays down
>decide its time to clean up

I told my wife to keep an eye on me for the next few days as I intended to white knuckle it.

Everything went fine and I was sober for 10 months. Drinking again now. Thinking of doing it again.
Sobriety is over rated I just hate feeling like shit every morning

Yeah I find the first few are hard to keep down, and I'm only on 12% wine. By the second bottle it goes down easily and the third and fourth it's just like drinking water.

Jesus, how do you become an alcohol on wine?
Cost prohibitive. Just buy some real booze and enjoy the extra money

I stopped drinking when i got married, just drank once in a while (wife got pregnant) and when baby was born i stopped drinking for like 7 months, then started drinking again a little bit
Now i drink around 3-4 days a week, around 350mls of brandy per night, because i suck and my wife just doesn't like me; she always get pissed off when i drink, but i wasn't getting any laid anyways so don't care

Before marriage i would drink the same amountbut every night

I'm 21

that's like telling a cocaine addict to do crack because it's cheaper. let him drink his wine.