Daily reminder that David bowie was the definition of style over substance. While he was very good at this...

Daily reminder that David bowie was the definition of style over substance. While he was very good at this, his music was largely unremarkable, a mere sign of the times. If you listen to David bowie in 2017 and act as if its somehow any better whatsoever than current modern pop music, you're a total fucking musically clueless tool, and probably an insecure Sup Forumsdrone on top of it. There is absolutely nothing separating bowies quality/brand of pop music from modern pop, and you're a gullible image oriented moron if you try to deny this.

>but he was so eclectic! Muh album themes muh theater

Under this same logic is the reason terrible artists like lil pump and designer are famous today. They are also "eclectic".

This is now a David Bowie discussion thread.

>There is absolutely nothing separating bowies quality/brand of pop music from modern pop
>le wrong generation, amirite? xD
Fuck off, nerd.

>eclectic
Well I think the point is that he was eclectic in a time of rigid boundaries. Now that all music tends towards eclecticism it is less remarkable. Certainly as you say most modern pop owes a huge debt to Bowie.

"Life on Mars" chords:
F: xx3211
F/E: xx2211
F/Eb: xx1211
D7: xx0212
Gm: 355333
Gm/F: 1x3333
C: x32010
Ab/Eb: x66544
C/E: 032010
Fm: 133111
Ab/Gb: 2x111x
Db: x46664
F/A: x03211
Bbm: x13321
Db/B: x2x121
Bb: x13331
Eb: x68886
Gm: 355333
Gb+: 2xx332
Fm: 133111
Cm: x35543
Ebm: x68876
Gm2: xx5333
Gm/F#: xx4333
Gm/F: xx3333
Gm/E: xx2333

Ironically, Sup Forums's musical illiteracy hinders them most when they're attempting to describe straightforward pop.

he literally said the opposite. he's calling out defeners you moron.

Mick Ronson was a talented guitarist.

He's saying Bowie's music is shit because it's like modern pop, implying modern pop is inherently bad. Back to remedial english, pal.

What's your favourite Bowie album OP?

he didn't say it was bad, he said it was "style over substance" and "unremarkable" which for the most part it is (statistically speaking), but it can be enjoyable nonetheless.
plus wrong generationers suck bowie's cock by definition.

Style is substance you fucking mong. If you listen to music for any other reasons besides aesthetics you're a fucking dipshit and probably a boring person.

Music is about what sounds good and that's it.

Kys.

Why does Sup Forums dislike Reality?

>Under this same logic is the reason terrible artists like lil pump and designer are famous today.
Wrong generation fags hate modern pop because it is exactly that. He thinks Bowie is like modern pop, so he doesn't like it.
>(statistically speaking)
You're a fucking nerd, too.

>t. brainlet

Guys I found the Scaruffi ass licker

you win the discourse award

>this is musical literacy

I thought summer was over...

How? I said that Bowie was just a pop artist of his time. Just like nowadays there are current pop artists. As his music wasn't anything special, he's been replaced by more newer artists. I'm not saying modern pop is bad, how did you interpret it that way?

for you

>You're a fucking nerd, too.
trying too hard to be a chad buddy.
you do browse Sup Forums so we already know you're a numale who got bullied as a kid. what're you trying to prove? that you're a brainlet on top of that?

You need to go back.

>As his music wasn't anything special, he's been replaced by more newer artists.
What? There will always be new artists to replace older ones. This has and will continue to happen in every single genre, forever.

No, I just don't pretend I can use statistics can say anything about subjective art.

Yes, and Bowie's music was completely unremarkable pop. There's absolutely no reason to remember it besides nostalgia - the only other reason would be if you're just in it for the aesthetic (my entire point of his modern fanbase).

are you dense?
if we admit that the quality of music can be quantified then "most of it" has to be unremarkable
>hurr durr art is subjective
cunt

It doesn't matter if you think there's no "reason" to remember it. Bowie's an icon and his music will be remembered anyway.
>the only other reason would be if you're just in it for the aesthetic
You mean listening to it because you like the way it sounds? That's why people listen to music at all. I'm 24, it's certainly not nostalgic to me. I just like it. You have no reason to like it, that's fine. Doesn't mean no one does.

Nobody really cares about Bowie's aesthetic apart from a few tumblr fangirls who paint a lightning bolt on their face and say they're Ziggy, even though it's Aladdin Sane.

Apart from his 80s albums his music wasn't unremarkable pop at all, he did drum n bass, jungle, industrial, electronic, jazz, soul, glam, ambient etc

>words are somehow less descriptive than specialized notation used only by guitarists

>Nobody really cares about Bowie's aesthetic

Most of it? I guess in the grand scale of all music, sure. But to say that a household name like Bowie is unremarkable is plain wrong.
Unless art is subjective.