What happens with the countries that don't qualify to the WC during the WC?

As an argentine this topic seriously concerns me.

I know most countries can play friendlies, but what about creating a second international tournament for the best teams that didn't qualify, the same that happens with the Champions League & Europa League system.

The tournament could give the Jules Rimet trophy.

If played at the same time that the WC (tho with different schedule), do you think it would economically affect the WC income?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ConIFA_World_Football_Cup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they get sent to the shadow realm.

See you in 2022

Let's use Brazil 2014 as example

> UEFA
The four losers from Second Round
- Sweden
- Ukraine
- Romania
- Iceland
The worst 2nd from First Round
- Denmark
All the 3rd teams from First Round except the one in the group of the worst 2nd (Sorry Czechia)
- Serbia
- Austria
- Hungary
- Slovenia
- Israel
- Slovakia
- Montenegro
- Finland

> CONMEBOL
The four teams below the Play-offs winners (Uruguay) in Conmebol
- Venezuela
- Peru
- Bolivia
- Paraguay

> CONCACAF
The two teams left in the Final Round
- Panama
- Jamaica
And the best 3rd from the Third Round
- Canada

> AFC
The Play-offs losers
- Jordan
The loser from Last Round
- Uzbekistan
Both 4th teams from Fourth Round
- Qatar
- Oman
The best 5th from Fourth Round
- Iraq

> CAF
The five losers from Last Round
- Senegal
- Ethiopia
- Tunisia
- Egypt
- Burkina Faso

> OFC
The Play-offs losers
-New Zealand
31 teams. 32th would be the host but if the tournament is played in a non-participating country, the 32th could be OFC 2nd
- New Caledonia

>Iraq vs Denmark
>Egypt vs Panama
>New Zealand vs Morocco
>Israel vs Qatar
I can't WAIT to see those exciting matches

cheer for someone else i think

full of shit. no one would watch that and i bet the players would rather take a longer vacation than play in that shitfest

Canada here. Just band wagon a few teams and laugh at those who 1-7

It's a nice idea, but hosting football tournaments is expensive as fuck. There's no way they'd be able to justify the cost with a bunch of shit tier teams that no one cares about.

Why do you want to take a shit on Uruguay's paleozoic Cups and Englel's greatest achievement in football?

You know, now that I think it better, I like it.

This.

Too bad WCs are going to be 48 team competitions now. Group stage will be boring as fuck.

>The tournament could give the Jules Rimet trophy.
Are you trying to confess something and that you know where it is?

It'd be a very expensive geography lesson

>HURR I DON'T RECOGNIZE JULES RIMET AS WC TROPHY

Niggertina, please.

I was aiming more for bringing back a really good looking and iconic trophy.

>recognizing England as world champions
Monkeyman whats wrong with you?

kek

>leaving out czech republic for new caledonia

The original World Cup trophy is 10000x better than the current one, if they made a new low tier tournament and used the old trophy for it that would be an insult. It would have to be a new trophy.

>if they made a new low tier tournament and used the old trophy for it that would be an insult. It would have to be a new trophy.

You mean the design or physical old trophy? because the old trophy is still at the side of milk boxes

Instead of hosting it, just have a 32-team knockout tournament where they host each other, matches a week apart.

Then host the final at the WC venue, it can replace the shitty 3rd place match

>- Canada
*Guatemala

This would be best idea 2bh. Leave the WC as it is, with 32 is just perfect, have second tier WC with 48 teams so shit NT like China and India have some games in the group stage of the shit WC without wasting our time. 24 teams passes to round of 16 with 3rd places of real WC, with this we would solve the problem of important teams with viewers like italy, france and spain not getting out of group stage. Yeah that shitty WC would be boring as fuck but then it would get interesing by quarter finals, just like the Europe league.

Start watching the ConIFA World Cup if you want to see shitty games en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ConIFA_World_Football_Cup

if there was enough money to be made then FIFA would have set this up long ago. clearly there isn't.

Bandwagon my favourite player country