Question for oldfriends: if I was born in 95...

Question for oldfriends: if I was born in 95, am I a tail-end oldfag who listened to Linkin park and thought anime girls were quite simply the hottest thing in the world, or a disgusting selfie-taking repulsive normie first-wave newfag who thinks homosexuality should be acceptable clique in high school?

I've heard people say the 00s were "the last fun decade to be a teen in". I mean, even though I was mostly a teen in 2010-2012, I was also technically a "teen" in 2008-09...that still counts as pre-widespread social media, right? I know Facebook was invented in 2004, but it didn't really get popular until 2011; 2005-2010 was the "Myspace era".

I just barely, narrowly dodged a bullet, at least during my 8th-10th grade years I got some taste of oldfaggotry...... right?

holy shit you are such a fucking faggot

You may not even be old enough to legally drink, so you're definitely the latter.

Yahoo messenger was the shit back in the late 90s and early 2000s.

This is the future young person destined to take our place.

Holy fuck we're so screwed.

>born in 95

>thinking they're an oldfag because they listened to shitty rap metal

>the 00s were "the last fun decade to be a teen in".

We haven't even got out of the 10s, how the fuck are they supposed to know that?

anyone born after 1985 isn't an oldfag
>t. someone who was born in '94

>95
>oldfag

lel nice one kid, first rounds on me pm me when ur 21

OP, no.
Just no.

You're still a baby.

1986 master race reporting in.

95 here. We got to experience the best of old and new. Ealier half was comfy and latter was with convenient technology. Be thankful you aren't a 5 year old with an iphone.

1985 here. You're a babby OP

thanks japan man saved me the trouble of flaming this guy

>We got to experience the best of old and new
Born in 95? Not really. You wouldn't even know life before 9/11, really..

>Ealier half was comfy and latter was with convenient technology
You were 5 years old in 2000. You aren't qualified to make that claim.

daily reminder that, if you were born in 95, then you never really even knew the old internet.

Holy fuck you're a faggot OP

What differentiates kids born in the 90s and later from those born earlier is that we were exposed to social media/MySpace era shit early enough for it to deeply impact us. I grew up with dialup for most of my early teenage life and still got exposed to social media in large amounts. It became part of pop culture.

Ultimately, it's a symptom of this weird antiprivacy world we live in brought on by "disasters" like 9/11 and "trends" like Facebook. We're the first generation to give up all of our privacy because it is "popular", and to not question it.

Though I would argue most millennials have willingly given up privacy and personal liberties in a way that hasn't really ever been seen in human history. Kids born past '90 aren't really unique in that regard.

ICQ was where all the l33tfags were.

>Implying AIM wasn't the king of messengers

best cartoons. 80s and 90s movies on replay. Grew up with gaming evolution. Was old enough to experience dial up and blockbuster. And because of this, we have a better perspective on todays technology.

If you you are born now you're fucked. If you were born before your childhood was shit. Execute yourself.

>if I was born in 95
you are a newfag
>am I a tail-end oldfag
no
>who listened to Linkin park and thought anime girls were quite simply the hottest thing in the world,
>or a disgusting selfie-taking repulsive normie first-wave newfag who thinks homosexuality should be acceptable clique in high school?
either one of those is terrible, and neither makes you an "oldfag", they do the opposite.
>I've heard people say the 00s were "the last fun decade to be a teen in"
those people should be shot
>I mean, even though I was mostly a teen in 2010-2012, I was also technically a "teen" in 2008-09...that still counts as pre-widespread social media, right?
no. 2000 was before widespread social media. 2008 was when social media took near-complete control.

>I know Facebook was invented in 2004, but it didn't really get popular until 2011; 2005-2010 was the "Myspace era".
everyone I knew had dumped myspace by 2007-8.
2011 is long after the "myspace era".
>I just barely, narrowly dodged a bullet, at least during my 8th-10th grade years I got some taste of oldfaggotry...... right?
if you didn't browse Sup Forums pre-2008, then you can't officially become an oldfag. and regardless of how long you spend here, you never will even get a chance to become one as long as you continue to question that.

>80s and 90s movies on replay
You don't know jack shit about 80s and 90s cartoons, you nigger.

> we have a better perspective on todays technology.
Your perspective on technology is not superior to those who were born in the 80s in any way. Get over yourself, kid.

The world didn't go to shit in 2008, holy fuck! The fact that you think the world "went to shit" in 2008 tells me that you know nothing.

If anything, it all went to shit after 2001. Stop soaking up all this anti-obama propaganda on this website, kiddo. It's not good for you.

aim was pretty sweet and even had girls

^

i THINK we can all at least agree that MSN messenger was shit-tier.

icq was a good place to buy drugs in the mail

yes

You're a faggot for labeling yourself and thinking it matters. I have pre 9/11 memories and I also remember shitposting as an underage b& on Sup Forums and 4+3chan in 2007. I remember watching America go crazy post 9/11 and just throw freedoms away like they were meaningless trifles. Point is, there wasn't a magic cut-off point, the massive exposure to social media we had as kids directly changed most of our outlooks as adults. That's generally why we're different. You're a newfag as much as me, friendo.

born in '92 and i know that i am begrudgingly part of the "worst generation" despite having a good memory and some fluid recollections of pre-9/11 shenanigans
fuck this gay earth and op and all of you sincerely

>FPBP

This Nip has got it

If you never got to experience using Windows 98 on dial up speed as a teenager, you're a newfag.