Okay Sup Forums, i've recently started to feed the crows on the balcony of my apartment complex

Okay Sup Forums, i've recently started to feed the crows on the balcony of my apartment complex
the problem is these shitty seagulls have caught wind that there is free food being distributed when I throw bread on the roof.
I'm trying to gain the crows trust so that they'll land on the balcony and hang out with me but I really fucking hate seagulls.

How do I feed the crows but not the seagulls?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.soundcloud.com/user-205633393/buried-and-gone
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I would also like to hangout with crows.
Bump for legit answers

Try just putting the bread on your balcony and scare off seagulls when they land

Scare the seagulls away. All it takes is just walking into them at a casual pace.

I've made progress in the last couple of months, any time i'm out there smoking a cigarette I do a specific whistle, now they remember the whistle and land on the roof next to my balcony waiting for me to throw the food onto MY roof, but they refuse to get any closer.

Just shoo the gulls when they come, bb gun or .22lr will do the job.

Feed the seagulls first. WHITE POWER

Throwback to this

Hit one, did the same back at my old appartement had to get a good hit multiple times but eventually only the crows stayed.

Feed seagulls hot chips with bobby pins and shit like that in them. Eventually there will be no seagulls

The problem is I can't really walk towards them or scare them away because the only place they can get the food is the roof, so unless I clamber on top of the slanted, tiled roof there's no way for me to have a bias. I just have to hope the crows know i'm trying to feed them specifically.

It would also be cool to have the crows attack the seagulls so they know their place but hey one step at a time here.

I feel like if I start shooting at the seagulls then the crows will recognize that I will shoot whatever comes near because they're fuckin dumb.

Shit there's another crow on my roof right now brb gonna try and feed it before the shitgulls come-a-knockin

Put a crow decoy on the roof. The seagulls will stay away since seagulls and crows tend not to go near eachother if they can help it and the crows will be attracted because they think there is already a crow there

Would hit

m.soundcloud.com/user-205633393/buried-and-gone

Well the thing you wanna do is take out the gulls without disturbing the crows too much, BB gun would be a bit quieter or you can strap a pop bottle filled with cotton over your .22 as a make shift silencer.
So long as you don't spook them too bad, you'll end up killing most of the gulls that have taken to coming for the food.

That green text was lit

Wouldn't the crows recognize it's clearly a fake since it isn't moving? I know they're smart but shit even if I was a crow i'd be a bit suspicious.

Pic related; Roof.

you're telling me because it's (sort of) silent and I start shooting only seagulls, that the crows won't think
"oh fuck don't go near that nest saw a couple of those seagull niggers go near there and they fucking exploded"

Bump for interest

I think the decoy will do it, crows are smart, seagulls are the gipsies among the birds, they're stupid.
Also dump greentext

> be me
> like crows and always watch them
> notice one black crow, being a lonely wolf
> name him Jack, Jack always on the highest spot and watches the world
> start feeding him exclusively, get friends with him
> one day, he's gone. Look for him, not there. Weeks later, on a parking place near my house see him, among hundreds of grey crows. Crows are playing, eating together, probably mating time
> weeks later Jack is back. His royal black shining is away. He's still a God under crows but those bitches have broke him. Jack now has a grey floozy around him.
> doesn't come to me anymore. I must kill that bitch
> jack doesn't know, must lern, bros before hoes. I miss Jack

I was thinking it over and a decoy isn't THAT bad of an idea. All they'd see is sort of the silhouette of the crow and maybe i'd pretend to feed it so others would be interested.
Shit, even if my neighbors saw it I could just say it's a Halloween decoration or something.
God damn I love this idea, okay i'm going to go to the dollar tree to see if I can find any of em.

Do you think I need a specific size? or will any "crow shaped" bird would work?

>.22lr
>seagulls
That might do a bit more than shoo them

No, if they are frighted they'll just fly off for a bit and come back later, bird are pretty stupid.
I've shot at deer/rabbit before and missed, only to have even more come out to see what was up.

I was missing the letter "T" there at the end

>Pic related; Roof.
>roof.jpg
thanks for the clarification user

That makes things a bit more clear

>be me
>hanging out with crow buddies just trying to scavenge for the coming winter
>days are getting shorter
>feelsbadman.jpg
>see human throwing bread onto roof after doing some sort of whistle
>cautiously pick up bread and retreat to safe area
>next day it happens again
>isthisdudeforreal.mpeg
>every day come by to see if human is still doing this
>god damn he's just throwing food away
>see seagull try to take some of the bread
>seagull evaporates into a fine red mist as human screams something in his language
>never go back again

You know, crows eat dead flesh, they're scavengers... Dead gulls will probably attract even more of 'em.

Clarity is a beautiful thing yo

Dude I dunno if you're in some backwoods area but i'm in the middle of the city if I start shooting birds from my balcony and then littering the streets with hungry dead seagulls someone's probably gonna call the cops and put me in an institution

Well I'd suggest a little bit smaller one that the crows. You don't want to scrare off crobros, only the seagull faggots

I was thinking if I had a decoy that looked like a crow, then started to "feed" said crow, other crowbros would get the idea if they go onto the handrail they would also get fed.

And how fucking cool would it be to be able to summon a murder of crows by whistling then hand feeding them from your balcony.

Oh, yeah, that might be a bit of a problem...
I do kinda live pretty much in the middle of the forest on the side of a mountain.
You could always pelt the gulls with an air soft pistol or something then.

Ever saw a baby crow?

NO I HAVEN'T
THAT'S CUTE AS FUCK

Well then, enjoy my friend

I guess it would be better if you start them feeding outside. They will recognize you probably later on your balcony. Or it will easier for you to gain their trust later. Feeding a decoy won't help,as I said crow are smart

feed the seagulls alkaseltzer. I fucking hate seagulls. Rats with wings.

Dammit I know your right, I just really wanted an easier way. I figure since i've already been feeding them from the balcony for so long that they would recognize me already.

COME BAAAAACK

a Sup Forums classic

I use this to remove sky rats

Btw this is Jack

Crows are some of the smartest birds OP.

They'll realize that you don't intend to harm them quickly.
Get a CO2 pellet rifle or a single hand pump model.
I've killed a number of squirrels in my yard, but I hate having to pump the fucker 10 times.

jack looks like a sweet lad

I had the same issue, i read that crows only eat shapes they recognize. Peanuts are a shape they recognize. I would feed the crows green peanuts (far better than roasted/salted) and it worked really good for a solid year until those fucking seagulls finally learned how to open and eat them.