Why do people rate him?

Why do people rate him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ugi4x8kZJzk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because hes the GOAT

How so?

""""""""[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[(((((((((you)))))))))]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]"""""""

(vos)

He is the greatest football player of all time. Both in absolute terms (obvious as the game has gotten better over the years) as well as in relative terms compared to his contemporaries. Never before has a player dominated the sport of football as Lionel Messi has.

He hasn't won the World Cup

>The GOAT
>0 (zero) world cups

ok

it's his autism. the name is empathy, we tend to like and protect the weak, it's just how nature works, even instintive animals can't help themselves. Look:

youtube.com/watch?v=ugi4x8kZJzk

4 GAMES

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Nobody likes you, nigger

He's probably the most talented player in the history of the game but no WC = no GOAT

muh solo goals

*tips*

Because he's the greatest goat of all times

>Never before has a player dominated the sport of football as Lionel Messi has.

Messi has never won any relevant or even semi relevant trophy with his NT and he has never won anything relevant outside of a very, very strong Barcelona that would have been the strongest team in the world regardless of him playing there or not.

He's unironically the greatest player I've ever seen and I've seen Fat Ronnie and Ronaldinho play

How's a 7 games tournament with players you barely share 4 or 5 games a year with something relevant to measure individual quailty?

If some really good player happened to be born in some shitty football nation like Lithuania, England or China that's mean he's bad because he won't win titles with the NT? That argument makes no sense in the 21st century, football these days is way more cosmopolitan, you don't share much time with your countrymen like back in the 80s when all NTs had +95% players from their domestic leagues

Nice deflection but missi has played in pretty good argentine team (inb4 urr durr everyoen is baaaaaaaad), and he miss both penalty and lose copa america and fail to score against neuer (he had very eay chance!) and lose world cup

Yeah, George Best, George Weah, Shevchenko and maybe CR7 has their excuse.

But not fucking Messi. Argentina is a two time world champion, the greatest footballing nation after the "big three"

Messi is obviously GOAT, ignore Sup Forums shitters and appreciate him while you can.

*have that excuse

sorry

>in pretty good argentine team
Not really, the one in 2014 was probably the worst we've ever had and we still reached the final beacuse of Messi

>inb4 some retard brings muh stats and says he didn't score a goal, like it was the only aspect of the game

A player has 3 or 4 chances of playing a WC and you expect all decent players to win one? You may not realise only 8 countries have won it, it isn't as easy as you think

>that garbage defending
>"goat"

>can't do shit for argentina
>"goat"

messi to MLS in 2 years, get exposed, retires a drunk alcoholic drug addict like maradona and dies at 40

cap this post

>Extra time in world cup final
>minute 115 of the hardest world cup in the most recent era
>because he lost it, he's not the GOAT

i guess

Nah your team is amongst the best and messi squandering his chances is just as much at fault as higuain and whoever else

>why do you expect "the GOAT" to perform out of his comfort zone?
jee I wonder why. He could have demostrated that he's not a system babby, now he'll always be stained by the fact that he can only win with Barcelona

>Nah your team is amongst the best
Only because of Messi

He carried Romero, Garay, Rojo, Demichelis, Fede Fernández, Enzo Pérez, Lavezzi, Biglia and Palacio to a WC final, how's him a system baby?

this

do not reply to me chicanos
>implying this is how samples work

if u could find 2 identical universes and then have the same identical matches but in one u remove messi maybe I would trust your stupid chart

>GOATS
Pele
Maradona
Beckenbauer
Ronaldo
Zidane

>should have won the WC
Messi
Cruyff
Puskas

>Never had the chance
CR7
George Best

Nigga, we lost to Ecuador at home and draw against Venezuela when Messi was injured

Those games would have been easy as fuck with him on the field

The difference between Maradona and Messi is that Burruchaga scored and Higuaín missed

He is still not the only variable in the sample so your claim is ridiculous and not scientific

Basically, so your small chica brain understand, prove to me that messi absence is only factor in argentina performing poorly

>I rate him

pretty good.

Every GOAT has won the World Cup. It's a simple rule. Too bad Messi will never make it.

>prove to me that messi absence is only factor in argentina performing poorly
That's not how logic works, you are the one that needs to prove Messi isn't a factor in Argentina's performance

If I come and say the sky is green I'm the one that needs to prove it, not the rest proving it's blue

Except di Stéfano, Puskás, Scholes and Cruyff?

>Romero, Garay, Rojo,
lmao, show some gratitude boy, the keeper and the back four were by far the best assets of your team
Garay and Mascherano were your best players in the tournament
Romero literally put your team into the final
Even Rojo and Zabaleta managed to play well
Don't try to blame it on them, the attack and midfield were what you lacked most
Also Lavezzi was the only argie forward trying his best in the final but Sabella subbed him off for some reason

Those guys are GREATS but are not in the discussion for "THE GOAT" award.

Also, Scholes never had a chance either.

If you're born in Germany, Brazil, Italy, Argentina you're EXPECTED to win the WC. 'nuff said

Nah my friend, it is you who initially made the ridiculous claim that messi missing was the only factor of argentina not win in a very very small sample size, so I ask of you to prove, as the burden of the proof is on you, and not me
>implying u even watch puskas
>implying scholes is goat and not some overrated idiot

top of the lol to you mate

lmao are you a fifa delegate?
only missing Yashin and Garrincha

the funny thing is Romero blows dick for club but he saved Argentina's ass in the WC

The difference between Burruchaga and Higuain is that Maradona delivered assists while Messi puked on the pitch

messi is the absolute goat but adopting a contrarian position is an easy source of bountiful (you)s so imho he's shit

>putting Argentina in the same level with Germany, Brazil and Argnetina

kek, we are more like Uruguay or France

Oh, you are just baiting, you didn't even watch the game

I won't give you any more (You)s

please show me a video of Messi delivering an assist in a World Cup final

Maradona destroyed England and Belgium. Gave the assist for 3-2 after Argentina gave up a 2-0 lead

Imagine current Argentina would lose a 2-0 lead in the final, Messi would start sweating. Maradona kept his cool and gave Burruchaga a perfect pass

@74927366
An assist is the pass to the goal, and we didn't score in the final

Stop being retarded

show me a video of Messi delivering a pass that puts another player in the situation of scoring an easy goal

>le do nothing but hit penalties man

Lionel Fraudi

R E D D I T

>and you expect all decent players to win one?
No. We expect the one people call the "GOAT" to win one. Not any decent player, the GOAT. It shouldn't be hard to do.

>>putting Argentina in the same level with Germany, Brazil and Argnetina
huh?

>la liga is the best league

kek

>celta defenders
>goat

i dare you to post a goal like this with him playing for the nt
hard mode: no friendlies or meme cups