twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

double exposure

it's just grampa in the back

it's just a person

fake

fake

Just some old pic i got off Sup Forums years ago, pretty spooky

This is from a movie

this has always been spoopy, not sure if I can believe this tho, origin of the photo is iffy

dunno why but i find familiar pictures slightly altered kinda creepy...

oh true

nice

the spookiest thing I've ever experienced was working the graveyard shift as a security guard. I sometimes picked up a weekend graveyard shift downtown, I had to walk through three buildings several times throughout the night. they would assign a regular shift to people, who would either get promoted or quit (working spooky buildings no one wants to work at helps you get promoted to site supervisor). all the buildings i worked graveyard at had at least one room where the guy training me would say 'don't spend any more time here than you have to, it's spooky AF.' one of the buildings had five floors of offices, most were rented out in groups to companies (companies expanding into the city would rent a few offices before building their own office buildings). i walked through each floor and checked all the doors to make sure they were locked, or if someone was their I had to check their ID to make sure they should be there. there was an elevator, and sometimes it would open on every floor as I walked past. not always, but when it happened it was spooky

supposedly there was nothing weird when they took it, but when they developed they saw a falling body (in their living room)

my understanding is that smart phones have software that makes pics look better, the default setting is a filter that makes the lighting a look a little better and prevents red eyes. I'm guessing the software accidentally filters out spooky stuff, a ghost probably gets recognized as bad lighting by the software and cleaned up

looks like an old photo, wasn't taken by a smart phone

This is an oldie but goodie.

Begotten.
youtube.com/watch?v=lHXgNn18z90&t=2m

i think that's why we only see spooky stuff in old photos, new cameras have software that edit it out

That would bug me out. Did you at least get promoted?

As someone who writes shit like that, no. Nearly nothing happens automatically, what does is not that sophisticated. Case in point: "orbs" are still a thing. (even if they're just dust particles, for fuck's sake)

What modern cameras can't do is double expose the same piece of film. e.g. take a relatively dark indoor shot of a woman in a dress, then expose the same piece of film while taking a photo of a family in casual wear outside and have the woman in the dress look like a spoopy ghost.

I have never ever experienced anything spooky or unexplained. Ever. I'm 37 and I've tried to look for it. I used to go to super creepy old graveyards at night, been in old abandoned buildings. Nothing. I wish i would just see a ghost or something.

kind of, i became a site supervisor but didn't get the raise that goes with it. i went back to college, the job was pretty cool (medical, dental, and paid vacations). i was planning on going back to college and the security guard job would have been good (lots of time to read and do homework) but i got a job at a computer lab on campus which worked better

you could check online for a list of haunted places in your state. I've lived in a couple haunted houses, sometimes places with a reputation for being haunted have cheap rent. and real estate agents probably know buildings with a reputation for being haunted

Movie prop. it shows up in other parts of movie. Cutout of Ted or Steve cant remember, One played an actor in the movie.

Good idea. Did you ever experience anything while living at any haunted houses?

i'm glad someone is here to kill the fun

as an undergrad, i rented a house with some friends. it was cheap rent, we took over the lease from the previous tenants (they moved out suddently without letting the landlord know, and left all their furniture). there was a full length mirror in my bedroom. i moved it to the basement, it always seemed like something was reflected in the mirror that wasn't in the room

Really? That's cool. You never wanted to investigate?

one afternoon, i was home by myself and making a sandwich in the kitchen. i heard a crash from the basement, the mirror had shattered. it sent shards across the basement, like it had been hit with a sledgehammer. it had been leaning against a concrete wall. i compared notes with roommates, sometimes a door in the hallway opened by itself when you were home alone. and sometimes it felt like a hand grabbing your ankle in that hallway

Tis a spoopy thread

same place a few weeks later. my roomates had frieds visting, the visting friends had a kid. we were all watching a movie in the living room when the door opened in the hallway. the kid ran to the hallway and said "hi, my name is ___, what's your?" the parents grabbed the kid and we went to a Denny's to get out of the house. and we never mentioned it again

Awesome! Gave me the chills reading it.

Never seen anything myself but had one weird event. Work security also and we got a few day contract with an old furniture factory (circa 1900) because the fire alarm system took a shit and they had to have us there because insurance policy. Walked around all night and whenever i got close to a certain room in the building would get a heavyness in my chest. Found out later that a guy had died in that room in the 80's.

another story, less spooky. two years ago, i was renting basically a townhouse with some friends. we were all grad students (im almost done with my phd, i've been in school a long time). i was by myself for two weeks in december, everyone else went home for christmas (i took a graduate level economics course over winter break so i stayed). a couple times the kitchen opened by itself around three am. my room was on the third floor, i would be woken up by the sound of an off-balance load in the washer. when i checked, the washer was off but the kitchen door was open. i kept the deadbolt locked on the kitchen door when i was by myself for two weeks, it was impossible to open from the outside

my experience was that a lot of buildings have one spooky room. there was floor that housed an architecture company, it sounded like people either laughing or whispering just around the corner. the whole floor was like that. i'm sure it was just weird acoustics (the building was new and the rest was not spooky)

even when my roommates were home it was spooky between two and three am downstairs. sometimes it would feel like something grabbing when arm when i went up the stairs after getting a glass of water from the kitchen a little after two am. at night, the dog would sound like it was playing with someone in the living room, when it was just the dog in the living room. after the second time the door opened, i figured the spirit might be lonely. i watched tv downstairs for about half an hour before going back to bed, that seemed to placate it

Props for going to check out the laundry. I would always be trying to see what the fuck was going on too. Sounds like you had some really cool stuff happen. Consider yourself lucky.

I mean, there hasn't been too many spooky things that happened to me. Heard a few gunshots outside, saw some weird people at night, etc.
Two things: One night, when I was about 12, I woke up suddenly for no reason. I saw a red dot on my leg, more like a sun spot or something on my eye than any actual dot, and all of a sudden my entire leg started spasming. Worst cramp I have ever had in my entire life. My leg was kicking everywhere and I was screaming. Then I saw a blue dot go on my leg, and it instantly stopped cramping.
Two.
I was a little younger, and I had been having a very large amount of trouble sleeping. I had this weird feeling constantly, so every night, I would leave my room. My parents got tired of it, so they put like a baby lock or something on the outside of my door, one of those strong weird ones that's just like a loop that sticks to the door that you can snap together. I slept in a small room in the basement, mind you. Very tiny windows showing into the backyard.
I kept having that feeling. This terrible feeling. I barely slept, and could only sleep by hiding myself under the blanket.
Then one night during a storm, I felt this pressure. I peaked out of my blanket, and there was a large white man on the end of my bed. Standing on it. I felt the pressure of him pressing down on the bed. He had ginger hair and was very thick in the face, with black eyes. He leaned in, and told me to go to sleep. I pissed myself and fainted. In the morning, I woke up. I told my parents but they didn't believe me. I was missing some of my clothes. I don't know what happened, but I'm just glad I don't live there anymore.

tbh, my heart would sink if i was holding that phone/camera

spooky stuff can be hit or miss. we lived in a haunted house as a kid, we were renting a place right after moving to a new city for dad's work. i never saw any spooky stuff, but that was one where i was fine with missing out. the basement door would open by itself. my siblings and one of the neighbor kids saw a ghost come through the basement door once, supposedly the cat saw it too. once my mom was home alone and heard strange noises from upstairs, she waited until everyone got home before checking it out. my brothers room was a mess, the drawers were open and his clothes had been thrown all over the room. (that may have been how the room normally was though)

Sleep paralysis? Still creepy as fuck man. Good read.

those are the kinds of spooky things i'm glad to miss out on. i've had a few friends share stare of sleep paralysis and stuff like that, i'll take cranky ghosts over that any night

Not sleep paralysis. There was a dresser knocked over and a lot of stuffed animals at the foot of my bed were knocked off. Notable amounts of my clothing were missing, especially underwear. And when my parents got divorced, my no longer stepdad called my mom and asked me if I knew anything about bottles under my bed.

*ahem, supposedly ghosts "reflect" better in certain frequencies of light, phone cameras with LED's dont put out a large range of light like a old flash cameras or better yet chemical flash cameras did therefore they might be harder to detected period.

there's a documentary on netflix on sleep paralysis. it's all interviews with people with sleep paralysis, it's pretty spooky

one of my roommates would sleep in the living room sometimes because his room was too haunted to sleep in. i think the spirit liked his company in the living room

nice

Bottles?

Honestly though. As bad as I want to see something, I'm might shit in my paints if I woke up to a dude standing on the end of my bed. Fucking hell.

dude, legit my old house is fucking haunted, dark shadows running around on the floor all the fucking time, everyone in my house has seen some serious shit, im taking 6 ppl. i saw a wisp a shadow man, whole family had nightmares, we just ended up leaving the tv on...for like 2 years so that we could sleep. worst thing that happened to me was i was alone one night. decided to sleep with the lights ON, 2 lights on in my room. kitchen light on and another light not in my room. I go to sleep and wake up, my room is black the lights only in my room are out. its a 3 click light and a pull string light. i called my family to ask if anyone had been home, i checked for a power outtage, it had snowed so i checked for foot prints, checked all the locks and windows.. nothing.. that house sucked

Yes, bottles. And I'm surprised now I only pissed myself. I fainted pretty much effing dead though, as well as pissing myself, so I guess my reaction could be considered as strong as shitting myself maybe?
But it's just strange with the bottles and other similar things. Like my siblings and I would take food we shouldn't a lot, so we'd all blame eachother if someone stole something and got in trouble. But there were occurrences where food was missing my siblings swore they knew nothing about. And trash that I don't remember. Of course for my parents, it blended in with the general mess. It was a hard situation where everyone stopped caring about eachother right before the divorce.
My mom passed down her old phone to me when she upgraded hers. The voice mails were still on it. Among the ones of my stepdad crying to her asking her to come back were two about the bottles. They were alcohol bottles from a liquor store near the Jewel Osco. The first was a short one saying the bottles were under my bed and the second one was worried and asking if I was like an alcoholic? I was like 10 or 11. I don't know why they'd think I was an alcoholic. But it was effing WEIRD as hell.

bump

my favorite spooky story as a kid was one my grandmother told. she was camping with her family when she was a kid. she had a dream of a ghost rising up from the ground near the tent. her parents checked it out in the morning, and they found a human skeleton in a shallow grave on the other side of a tree by the tent

My cousin was over sleeping in an extra bed in my room one night. I was on my bed and at the foot of my bed i had placed a wooden chair. I fell asleep and woke up about 2:30 am. I had this weird feeling like something was sitting in the chair so I literally said out loud "fuck this" and knocked the chair over onto the ground. I layed back down and rolled toward the inside of my bed against the wall and just listened. I sat there for about 30 mins in dead slience. I decided i was being silly and i rolled back over because i was uncomfortable and there it fucking was the chair was UPRIGHT FACING THE BED RIGHT WHERE MY BACK HAD BEEN. i freaked out and woke up my cousin and he called me an asshole for waking him up.

nice

the scary part is that now the skeleton goes by eugenia cooley, and is medium internet famous

WOAH
trigger warning next time bro

there was a creepypasta story from two or three years ago that i liked. an user said they used to play a game with their brother as a kid, when they got home from school and the main floor lights were out one would chase the other making monster sounds. the one being chased had to get to their room before they were caught, or they had to be monster next time. the user got home and their brother chased them, and they barely made it to their room. five minutes later, the user's folks and brother got home from the grocery store.

it's kind of the standard format for a creepypasta now, but a few years ago it was pretty good

I'll bump with my own story

>be me
>19
>driving home from the movies with a friend
>we saw just saw Gravity
>it was meh/10
>we roll down the windows to smoke cigarettes
>drive by an old bridge next to some woods
>hear something
>it's someone yelling from the woods
>"Woah, there's someone in those fucking woods man"
>its the cry of a child
>friend and I pull over to investigate
>feel kinda heroic
>we hear the child cry for help
>im just about to call the cops
>"Hey, it's gonna be ok! The police are on their way!"
>dead silence
>suddenly we hear a voice call out from the woods
>my voice
>" it's gonna be ok! The police are on their way!"
>wtf...
>we both stare at each other in disbelief and horror
>"THE POLICE ARE ON THEIR WAY"
>it's getting closer
>we nope the fuck out of there
>drive off as fast as fuck
>"Dude wtf was that?"
>"Don't know, but I'm sure as hell not gonna fine out"
>never drove by those woods at night again

More?

which one died

my life is halloween all year round

ffuuuuuuuuuck that

i don't think any died, but supposedly the grim reaper looking one only appeared in one photo

another security guard story, i was working at a former hospital that was being renovated/rebuilt to be headquarters for a company. there was a call center that was open until two am, it was being moved to the new hospital. after two am i was the only one in the building until 6 am. one day there was a guy in one of the old labs most of the night. he was a little odd, dancing to music on his headphones and i figured he was packing up the lab. i checked with the guy in charge of moving the hospital stuff out in the morning, there was no one scheduled for the lab that night. it was probably a drug addict, but still creepy in retrospect

>1488
heil
Anyways, whatchu mean all year round?
Story?

Not a ghost story, but I swear I've seen a black shuck twice.

thank ms skeltal

terrifying

This one is fake

Story time

At my friends house. My friends father killed himself with rat poison down in mexico and my friend since moved up here. Were going thru my friends stuff and i find this birthday card. its one of those ones that plays a song. i show it to him and his brother, they've seen it before. So i place it down and leave it on an ironing board in the basement far from any corners or anything so it wont easily fall off. My friends bedroom was in the basement and the laundry room with the ironing board was on the other side of his door. So him, his brother and I go to bed. I'm sleeping on the floor. I wake up and im dead awake, i mean like snap your finger awake. So i'm laying there and i'm like "why did i just wake up?" and i sit there. About 5 mins later. i start to hear the chime of the birthday card start playing from the other side of the door. *am paralyzed with fear* plays for 3-god-damn-minutes and stops. Friends somehow dont wake up, idk how because its so fucking loud. another 5 minutes passes by and friends lil brother wakes up. i make sure he stays up and wake up my friend, turn on the lights and sit until the sun comes up.
Finally everyone decides to go upstairs. I open the door and the card is gone. Now the basement has a concrete floor, but you have to go thru a very loud door to get there and before that you have to walk down some creaky as shit stairs. i heard nothing. I checked for that card everywhere and i mean everywhere. i basically lived at my friends house for like 6 years and ive never found that card even when i helped him move out of that house. I made it my personal vendetta to find that card when he moved. most terrifying night ive ever had

nice

I was 14 and baby sat nephew for my sister in a house she rented. Lots of footsteps with no one around, lots of noise. the main bedroom had a fancy light fitting and this is where sis set up a bed for me, right next to her double bed.
I would often wake up during the night staring at the light fitting, never the wall or ceiling, always the light fitting. When staring at the fitting I could see a presence moving around it, ectoplasm?
Never told anyone, who would believe me?
Maybe 20 years later, sister and I are talking bout the ‘good ol days’ she brought up how grateful she was that I baby sat. She talked about the creepy house she rented.
Just as I opened my mouth to, for the first time ever, say about the light fitting.
She says:
“There was something really strange about the main bedroom, husband a I always thought we were watched. I never said anything to you cos I didn’t want to scare you off sitting for me BUT THERE WAS SOME CRAZY SHIT GOING ON AROUND THAT FUCKING LIGHT FITTING.”

So It wasn’t just me.
House is pulled down now, thankfully

nice.

kids seem to notice spooky stuff more than adults. as a kid, we had a rec room next to the basement. we used to play hide and seek before dinner with the neighborhood kids, it got dark pretty early in the winter. i was the only one who hid in the rec room after it got dark, and i would always win because no one would go to the rec room to look (it was a bit spooky). once it was dark and i was in the rec room and i saw a tall figure walking down the stairs, i figured it was one of my parents to tell my it was time to set the table. but it wasn't one of my figures, it was like a shadow in human form. i hid behind the pool table until one of my parents turned on the lights

I've had a couple of pretty weird things happen to me
First one was when I was staying at my cousins,
>first day there and its just me and one of my cousins home
>she's in the shower and I'm taking a shit
>toilet and bathroom are a wall apart
>hear loud fucking banging from somewhere else in the house
>i think its someone at the door so i go and check, nobody there
>cousin gets out of shower and thought i was pranking her
>a week later
>sleeping on a mattress pushed up against a cupboard door with a friend of my cousin
>hear scratching on the window, like nails or some shit
>fall asleep at 5am
>wake up at like 7-8am to see that the mattress has been moved and the closet is half open
>mfw

Also stayed at my grandparents once and had a fucking light 'reflect' from a mirror and fucking blind me, blinds were shut and there was no way any light could've reflected off. I didn't sleep that night.

is there an origin to this one? this is that kind of 'Marble Hornets' style shit I enjoy

i lived in grad student housing when i started the phd program i'm in, lived in an apartment with several roommates and one of the rooms (not mine) was haunted. that roommate was gone at a conference for a week, and sometimes we'd hear knocking from the other side of his door. we'd open to check and the room was empty. after a few days we ignored it

A house my buddy owned and rented out was somthing out of the politgeist movie.
No matter what you did to the back door out of the kitchen, bolt it, lock it put a chair against it come back later and it was open, this when on for years,
Renters just got used to an open back door.
One renter had to put up with things flying across the room at her when she prayed.
Another got sick off the light inthe bedroom turning off a minute after she turned it on.
Every time she turn her back to the light it turned off. “Fuck you, do it while I’m watching, I got all night, have you?”
She stared at the light switch for an hour, arms crossed tapping her foot, nothing
“Right, this shit gonna stop? Good”
She turned the light off and got into bed.
The light turned on. FUCK.
Another rentor whatching tv while his gf in the kitchen making dinner. Gf comes into the lounge from the opposite direction drying her self off, she just had a shower.
Who is in the kitchen?
They go into the kitchen, every drawer is pulled out and balanced so that when they walked toward them, they fell.
That spooked them, they left.
Buddy got the house exorcised, it took an hour of praying at the front door before they could enter, somthing was holding them out.
Buddy calls bulllshit and tried to enter, he couldn’t, said it was like trying to run underwater, the harder he tried the greater the resistance.
I never seen him so rattled.

>Scary pics and spooky stories thread

In 2016 this conman was elected President of the United States

Never heard something this horrible before. I mean I'm still shaking and shit.
You think gravity is just a meh/10? Who would say something like that? What are you? A monster? Brrr

>fall asleep one night
>room light is off
>start dreaming
>almost like I can see through my eyelids
>but my eyes weren't open
>i can see something on the other side of my room near the door
>tall, dark gangly thing like 'mama'
>it starts floating over to me
>I can't do shit
>its at the side of my bed
>i try to yell to anyone for them to turn the light on
>it leans over my body
>bites the top side of my wrist on my right arm
>I wake up
>paranoid as shit
>scared to look in any direction except where I woke up looking
>room light had turned on on

pic related, its very similar to what bit me. I'm deleting it immediately after posting because of how uncomfortable it makes me

>turned on on

oops, type-o, but that shit really did happen

if we're talking movies, Blackcoat's Daughter is really good. this isn't a scary movie thread, but worth checking out

doors that open by themselves are always spooky (back to spooky stories). i lived at a place where we kept a table against the door to the attic, because the door opened by itself. sometimes, when we all went out we'd get back and the attic door would be partly opened, and the table partly moved, like something had tried to open it from the other side

(pic is fake btw, no ghost is that thirsty)

skinwalkers dude. did you by chance smell or taste copper when this happened?

wtf are skinwalkers?

This one is probably the only spooky image I will ever see. Imagine after they took the photo it just slammed on the table causing everything to break and they wouldn't know what's going on

Eh I never had anything, but my girlfriend used to say she always felt like she was being watched when she slept at night. Never knew what she meant though. I even slept over there a couple of times, slept like a fucking baby. But she never got over it, swore someone was always watching her everytime she got into bed. Got to the point that sometimes she said she would feel pressure on her chest and difficulty breathing. She ended up changing her rooms and didn't have the problem again.

these weird, strange creatures that can take on the form of a person, but they dont ACT like that person. Almost as if they're doing a shitty, tape-recorded impression. In their natural state, if I recall correctly, they are a weird, pale, four legged humanoid thing that just mimmicks sounds and voices it hears. Usually lives in and around forested areas.

Thanks for posting this. I live in Ireland and did not know about this park. Will check it out.

Did he fap trying to keep himself warm?

the irish take their shota porn seriously

She's hot. Wonder what she looks like now.

Holy shit, no way. I went camping once up North, and I don't like to go to typical camping spots. I like to go to secluded places where no one else camps for a bit of piece and quiet and some privacy. We all got drunk one night there, and just started randomly making howling noises at night (we're drunk, we're doing stupid shit). As we're planning to go to bed, one of my friends decides to go take a piss. Walks to the edge of our camp, starts peeing, and I don't know why, but decides he wants to randomly yell into the while. One of those like, wooooo yeah, shit you do when you're adventuring and shit. Anyways, as he does it, it literally sounds like someone else was doing it in his exact same pitch, tone, and voice. We all assumed it was just his echo or some shit, and that we were all drunk, so we laughed it off and were so drunk we forgot about it and passed out that night (or at least I did). The next morning our entire camp was all over the place, we had left the food out, so it was all knocked over, the camp fire was wrecked completely with logs literally looking like they had been flung around. We assumed we had some animals who came for the food since we left it out and made a mess, but none of the food actually had been touched, just thrown around everywhere. And one of my friends said they heard weird as noises that night after we all went to bed(but we were all drunk, so we said w.e. to him). Not that I believe those things are real, but it would explain a lot

It looked real on VHShit tho.

never really heard of these things attacking campsites, but I wouldn't doubt it to be honest.

The real face of evil.