Are they right?

Are they right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n8p4aUDVeh8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yes

Whatever it is, I am and have been ignoring it.

>clickbait

>be american """intelligentsia"""
>reduced to writing "thinkpieces" about literally retarded mumble rappers who make music for children

Let me guess, it's Vox or some equally cancerous Buzzfeed clone.

it's Genius

This.

Yeah pretty much.

>black person does something black people normally don't do
>OMG LOOK HOW IMPORTANT AND PROGRESSIVE THIS IS! LOOK AT IT OR YOU'RE RACIST YOU WHITE DEVIL CRACKER!

>It's impossible to ignore XXX's album
>People ignore it
>WHY IT'S IMPOSSIBLE BUT ALSO HARMFUL

Fuck this shit

>implying these are talented journalists being wasted on meme rap

you truly don't understand

>BY LISTENING TO THIS ALBUM, YOU ARE LITERALLY
>AND I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH
>LITERALLY ENTERING MY MIND

successful at what exactly

>Beating up your pregnant girlfriend
>something that black people don't normally do

> thinking success among the Masses = good music
Guess that makes jimmy buffet and Katy Perry good musicians. But dälek must be shit.

Why are black people so desperately trying to attribute artistic merit to whiny sadboys and meme rappers?

Because there have been no popular black artists that have made albums with any emotional complexity for decades. Rap tended to be attempts at flexing how hood you were until pretty recently, R&B is pretty dishonest >tfw no gf stuff, and other than that few prominent black artists have emerged in other genres. This is an attempt at black pride (and liberal virtue signalling) basically, to show that they're more than hood.

This lol

But X is a total phony, not to mention completely unstable.

What is kid cudi - speedin bullet to heaven

I know. None of these emo rappers are legit depressed. In the end, rap is just a pretty bad emotional outlet. The audience eats up hood shit, bitches, and money. X appeals to them because he provides an angry disposition to a fake veneer of depression. It'll be the same with all emo rap, I guarantee it.
Until black artists can move to a more mature audience, they won't be taken seriously.

>american
>intelligentsia
I know what you meant but this still is an oxymoron

Did you guys even read the article? It talks about how disturbing the album is in that under the pretension of muh depression, it's actually just a dude potentially justifying domestic violence, revenge, victim blaming, etc. The article not only agrees with you guys, but also takes it one step further.

I guess I was dumb to forget that. Alright, I'll change my statement: No albums by a black artists have been given praise by a casual audience while simultaneously holding a degree of emotional complexity. SB2H was disowned almost immediately because it wasn't rap. Still today, rap fans will say it's Cudi's worst work because it's not hip hop. Like I said in , there needs to be a more mature audience.

Why would I read the article when I can shitpost about it based on my preconceived notions of it?

I don't feel like giving Genius ad revenue

>doesn't know how to read articles without giving a site ad revenue
Newfag detected

I also don't care enough about the guy or his music

Yet you posted itt.

Yeah it turns out posting in a thread takes a lot less time and attention than reading an article

they're pretty good for lyrics though

Throw all progressives in the bin and burn it 1920's die out soon

this kek
Why do so many people like these shitty mumblerappers?

You have moved goalposts from ad revenue to not caring about the guy, to caring enough just to post here. Don't start a pointless argument, my man, just chock it up as a learning experience. You're new/or young, and it shows. But this place is anonymous so don't worry.

Use archive.is for future reading of articles without giving certain spots ad revenue.

is this an xxxtentacion lyric

>from ad revenue to not caring about the guy
That was an addendum to my point, not a retraction of the original point. Your memory sucks
>not caring about the guy
Not caring enough about him to read an article. Clearly I care enough post in this thread, because I posted in this thread. Don't worry bro goalposts are securely in place.

>Yet you posted itt
>Don't start a pointless argument
ironing

You could've just said what the other guy who replied to me said from the start if this is true. Wasting both yours and my time otherwise.
He started with a weird excuse when he seemed to apparently believe the same thing as the first response to my post. He could've just responded with "this" to the other guy or something.

Anyway I am itt for my initial post, which is that the article agrees completely and even more to what everyone else is saying itt. Outside his fans or Kendrick's tweet, this album's getting negative press, and the article says it should get negative press.

I'd rather just make my own conclusion of the article based on the title and get irrationally upset about it. Then I'm going to cram the word "memerap" into my post as many times as I possibly can.

>it's impossible to ignore xxxtentacles
never heard a fucking second of it never read a shit about it until this thread and only saw the name come up in scanning Sup Forums
>ignoring the success of popular music is harmful
no
no, it's actually the opposite
it's like not eating mcdonald's, not thinking about mcdonald's and not giving the time to people who have done either of those things

Nah, it says that garbage music made by garbage human beings getting popular shouldn't be ignored but rightfully shit on and called out.

No, it actually should be ignored. Ever heard the phrase "all publicity is good publicity"? I guarantee any outrage over xxxtentacion will only serve to gain him followers.

the fucking comments on that article are a good argument for misanthropy

The article's premise being that the dude's followers are increasing at an exponential rate this why simple "ignoring" won't work. It uses numbers and how it far exceeded predictions and beat out Uzi Vert who it was projected to be under for this.

speak for yourself chris mench, just because you have a soapbox doesn't mean your opinion, I stress OPINION is gospel, same goes for the rest of you fucking journalists, tell me, how is your opinion more valuable than your average guy walking down the street?

Bar literal rape accusations, I can't think of an instance in which moral brigading and shaming fans has done anything other than help an artists career in the long run. No one who listens to xxxtentacion gives a shit about what kind of person he is.

Domestic violence is literally the case here though. And someone supposedly pretending it didn't happen, possibly using depression as an excuse. If Taylor Swift can get shit for lying about far less worse stuff, I can see why someone would write an article about this.

>mfw XXX branched out into HANL-core

youtube.com/watch?v=n8p4aUDVeh8

she wasn't pregnant. She lied about being pregnant, and evidence points toward her lying about the whole thing. What pisses me off about it is because you faggots would be going full MRA on this if he was white, but all anyone does is go 'hurr durr niggers amirite' and taking a hoe's word as gospel.

>SB2H was disowned almost immediately because it wasn't rap

no because it was fucking trash fampai

>its harmful to not listen to music

*jerk off motion*

You're implying that people itt actually know anything about X and that situation along with how that ties into this article. As I said earlier, they didn't even read the damn article and most of the shitposts think it means something completely different. It's pointless to discuss what you're talking about on Sup Forums as this place has already droned Fantano and taken the black people meme seriously.

>Did you guys even read the article?
No but I read the title

isn't this literally the great worm

these white writers need to stop trying so fucking hard to make modern rap seem like the new harlem renaissance. it's fucking shitty pop music for teens