If you believen a god, you're part of the problem

In this current day and age, why do people still believen god?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A0iDNLxmWVM
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tyVdnIU9A
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonhard_Euler#Personal_philosophy_and_religious_beliefs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because reading one book is easier than reading a bunch of complicated ones.

Pretty much the exact opposite senpai.

I feel invincible with God on my side.

Atheists and their "Enlightenment" meme are the ones who ppl should blame.

I actually agree, mostly because the idea of god is a crock of shit but I'd like to add that but Sup Forums is completely brainwashed about their semitic desert religion despite it having no place in ancient Europe, and despite its spread from the middle east (where it was (((purely coincidentally))) created) mysteriously coinciding with the stagnation and eventual downfall of ancient Rome, as well as dark ages in Europe later on and in general a dark period in history. Makes you wonder if some group of people rose to power during that time period and are now at the top of political and financial elite circles, basically controlling the world's politics, media, and economy. Makes you wonder what sort of group could get up to such tricks.

>it was the monks who wrote books and conducted scientific experiments during the dark ages

>Europe would have already been destroyed several times over if it wasn't for the crusades

>Rome collapsed from Christianity and not from several brutal wars

i actually prefer the religious outlook desu senpai. im a fucked up person, and knowing that makes me want to work to change

science on the right there sounds like feel good entitlement "everybody gets an award" shit

According to Christianity suffering is a fact of life. The list is according to an idealistic Rousseauian worldview, not 'science'; science is utterly neutral on that end.

Being sure that there is no god without there being proof of God's existance or non existance is not the science way of thinking this through

Being told you're amazing and wonderful when really you're a worthless, obnoxious pissant is a recipe for a fucked up personality
Same reason pop music creates shitty people, being told that you're amazing just the way you are stiffles growth

Faggot liberals and leftists just replaced religion with their secular humanist social justice causes, so they're still religious, just that they believe themselves to be their own gods over all else. Precisely why veganism is a religion to vegans, gay rights bullshit is the religion of fags, etc. - it's all religion even if you don't want to call it that, because it's all bullshit assumption and ego that drives people to claim their personal endeavors are the most important things in life to worry about. Sad thing is, as smart as leftists claim to be, they can't see this even when it's clear as day.

Going to be fun watching them all burn for eternity, OP, better start getting a base tan going now to ease the pain later on in those fiery pits.

WHAT THE FUCK AM I READING

SCIENCE IS NOT ABOUT ANY OF THOSE THINGS

Mark my words, it'll be an atheist that invents the suicide booth. They hate themselves more than anything.

Just because you feel something does not make it real.

Plenty of people feel that same way about their religion. How could they all be true?

You shouldn't talk like that.

Don't believe. Don't doubt. Only verify. Make it easier for others to replicate your results. Compare. Improve together.

Because I have a genuine relationship with God and feel his presence. Albeit much less than when I was a young sinless kid.

The feeling is very real.

If it's not real, what am I feeling? Think before you post.

They aren't, but one must be.

I love how everybody blames Christianity for the fall of Rome as if Rome was some great place to live with it's lead pipes and ritualistic human sacrifices and Emperors who burned down a whole side of town to make room for their pleasure palace.

If any of you people were magically transported to Rome around the time of Christ and after, you would have escaped in order to go live in the woods, that's how bad it was.

And don't get me started on the Dark Ages, you obviously know literally less than nothing about the Dark Ages if you blame Christianity for it when Catholic monks are literally the ones who preserved all the Art and History and Philosophy and Science and Medicine and everything else from the ancient world that pagans like the Visigoths were going around burning for fun.

Seriously, you guys read your science and your History about as much as you read the Bible, which means, "Never."

You don't know what Christianity is, you don't know what Christians believe, you don't know what they teach, and you know even less about the Science and History you claim to love so much.

This plus
Science itself came out of the sense of objective reality separate from temporal power which comes from Christianity's radical critique of tradition and the nature of power.
This is exactly why the Chinese are smarter yet were behind us. In the Orient, the Leader dictates reality, and only careless people would try to contradict him. In the Christian West, as powerful as the King might be, he's a man.

that's not what science tells us, that's what romanticized pop-science (aka religion for the secular age) tells us. and realistically, religion is correct in this image.

Sup Forums i'm fucking scared

i am only my memories. without it, we are all nothing.

i cant recall anything before birth. this for me is evidence enough that once we hit the dirt, it's over. the experience is done. i am mortally afraid of this fact. please help me Sup Forums! tell me im wrong!

Great post.

How does my personal belief, that I keep private, make me "Part of the problem"?

Also, you seem to be sounding kinda like pic related

And YOU have been sent strong delusion because you worship pharisees above God.

I remember something before I was born. No use for details, also I was born dead.

God is real m8

depends on what you mean by damaging. The one on the right is far more damaging to society because it creates a sense of entitlement and belief that one is always special and deserves special treatment for just existing. The one on the left is only damaging if you are too mentally weak to accept criticism and try to improve yourself from that input, in which case you most likely wont be able to continue your gene pool, assuming you survive to finish puberty

I'm a dumbfuck leaf, can you just summarize what happened? Please?

Please tell me!

If you're an atheist because it makes you feel better about yourself, you're part of the problem

You're gifted with free will, you can believe in whatever delusion you wish.

Yeah, same here. I also remember something from before I was born. Allah is real m8.

>actually caring if someone is religious

>Full of wonder
According to what standard?
>Intelligent
>Beautiful
Horseshit, there's no hard science paper on beauty.
>Curious
>Strong
>Full of potential

Christian monks painstakingly transcribed any and all texts they could find to prevent them being lost to rampaging barbarians. They are the sole reason Europe was able to have an Enlightenment.

I have cancer and I cannot have euthanasia due to religious zealots. I will forget about religion when those assholes leave *me* alone.

One would need evidence that God does not exist in order to not believe
As for your picture meme- God thinks everyone is perfect and he loves you and everyone. But just because you're perfect that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to improve.
P.S. Trump is the second coming ;)

Can you please tell me? at what point did you remember this memory?

Science doesn't say any of those things

A scientist might say some of those things.

Another scientist might disagree those things.

And it would just be their opinions.

Science itself doesn't say anything like that.

>One would need evidence that God does not exist in order to not believe
No you need evidence in order to know something not believe something you retard. It's called gnosticism. You can believe whatever the fuck you want. However you can prove that Abrahamic God does not exist if that makes you feel better.

From an entirely objective stand point ignorance shouldn't be allowed. Should you impede your own ability to learn or even worse someone else's your punishment should be death.

do something kek-worthy that will result in your death

something like false flag a community you hate by doing a horribly violent act in the name of that community.

The vast majority of people are worthless and hold no potential whatsoever. You don't have a special destiny, your existence is trivial, if you died today nothing would change and even your family would stop caring after a few days. The visual kike tries to make believe to kids that every single one of them is a special snowflake, that they'll become models or rockstars. They won't.

Blasphemy.

>What is the divine right of kings

You are still denying all possibility of a divine being existing. A divine being very well could exist.

>Don't stop believen

>current year
>still can't prove it exists

He could just shout from heaven "i'm still here you incompetent faggots" and i'll instantly believe there is one, but i won't worship him

You're on Sup Forums. Which list looks right to you?

Which do you think is more realistic?

Why not? I'm likely headed southward bound myself, but I don't pretend to not know the consequences of my actions, unlike leftists who will still demand proof of Hell even if they were burning in agony with demons all around them.

I'm an asshole, but I don't pretend to be smarter than my creator, nor do I believe that mere knowledge leads to salvation.

>implying not everyone here is god

Exactly.
That's why Im agnostic and not atheist, not thatit makes that much of a difference

>Albeit much less than when I was a young sinless kid
tfw

You should be a Christian.

The way you are thinking right now is the opposite of what you should be thinking considering what you believe. Knowledge of the truth is necessary and leads to it, the only way. People deny this truth.

144,000 is very close to the actual number of christians living in israel atm.

>In this current day and age, why do people still believen god?
youtube.com/watch?v=A0iDNLxmWVM
Also first 30 minutes of this:
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tyVdnIU9A

Because I am broken, flawed, sinful, dumb, weak and nothing.

Entire picture is a load of shit. Wasn't surprised when I saw the Facebook link at the bottom.

Eh, would I be happier believing lies?
I didn't like what I got from judaism and some of what I've learned of the old testement, and I dont see how christianity and the new testement being any different.
I rather study buddhism and meditate

Yeah well, Newton also spent a good deal of his life trying to use a philosopher's stone to turn lead into gold. Weak appeal to authority argument.

Because God expects us to have faith, and not be petulant children who won't believe unless he does more magic tricks for us.

God to starving child: "I could make sure you have food but I've decided not to perform any more magic tricks. Stop complaining and slowly starve to death you ungrateful brat!"

Science and Religion should be swapped in pic related.
'Kill yourself save the earth'

because there must be something metaphysical that laid the foundation for everything in existence? still got more stupid questions?

you dumb fucking fedora prick.

Romans 6:23

Are we posting based and important minds that advanced our knowledge of the universe while believing in God?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonhard_Euler#Personal_philosophy_and_religious_beliefs

But you're a single hairless monkey among billions on a floating rock orbiting one burning ball of gas among countless.

Are you seriously questioning Newton's conttibutions to science?

>So says the monkey to the other monkeys

>"uh religion is bad goyim! religious people are the dumbest of the goyim!"
>posts from a country that literally has a religious symbol as its flag

it gives me strength :^)

>Nobody realised this til now
Fuck.We are getting shilled arent we?

Because accepting the fact that one we die we go nowhere its really hard to accept.

>Said in a time where atheism could get you killed

shit image senpai, on two different fronts
1) the religion side is right
2) if you were paying any attention to science you'd know that science teaches that you're a speck on a rock in a tiny corner of space that will exist for a very brief moment before you die and accomplish nothing of note

Do you always accept things without evidence?

>Insulting Trump by comparing him to a cuck

>experiments have proven you are full of wonders
topkek

I'm not denying the weakness and ignorance of the monkeys, it's the monkey that claims to be great that has a lot of explaining to do.

>tfw you don't actually believe in deities but you're absolutely convinced that Christian tradition was the root of racial success.

Nice strawman chink.

according to this picture...

Religion is right, science is wrong.

You're not that wonderful
You're not that intelligent
You're far from fucking beautiful
You're about as actually curious as a fucking cat who'll high-tail it the fuck out of any curious situation you might find yourself in
You're a fucking weak sack of meat
You've got as much potential as that weak sack of meat and that unintelligent mind
Religions side....
You are broken - Constant state of breaking
You are flawed - From the get go, there are things you cannot do/accomplish
You are sinful (Just look at the fucking heresy you posted)
You are dumb (see intelligence in science rant)
You are weak (no shit, you're calcium structured skeleton and thin tissue skin stand no chance against something like a fucking burning star, let alone the elements on this planet)
You are nothing. Now you're starting to get somewhere. You're nothing. You're a sacrafice to something, something greater than you and all of you combined (with myself being in this).

OP - Science was supposed to help you understand reality more. Not become fucking delusional beast.

One thing Religion (i'll call it Spirituality) has given me. Hope. The only thing to get my ass out of the morning. Hope i can make it better for something/someone else. Hope I can sacrafice this time to make the infinite factors of the universe a little more positive in the end.

What the hell do you have?

Why so? You're just an ordinary monkey so why should you be right anyway?

I like you.

Why are Gaytheists so cringy?

My purpose in life is to remind you to keep telling yourself that, otherwise you'll end up like me.

A special monkey is like a fragrant skunk.

Most religion I know of teaches both the right and left columns. Even Science will tell you that humans are most of the things on the left. Besides, this image just reaffirms that something will always take the place of religion, in this case Science.

So what if they aren't true? It's a tool that serves a purpose well. Like any tool, it can be used morally or immorally, but the tool itself is neither.

Anyone can be saved, my m8

Just read the Gospel with a calm heart

>nothing
That should be on the science side you fucking retard, even with all that shit on science it all falls into your fucking nothing, whether you lived smart or a fool to science at the end when you die your were nothing as if you never existed. In religion you start out as nothing, as a sinner, weak, and flawed, but it commands that you move to perfection.

Hebrews 6:1
Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

Religion gives me a goal science gives me vanity.

An ordinary monkey should shut the fuck up, by your standard

We're mostly stupid, no one knows anything, and we're just ordinary animals

There's nothing to be saved from.
God's existence doesn't seem to have any meaning either.

You cannot run a civilization entirely with empirical thought and reason. You will fail, as Leftists did during the 20th century. Humans are irrational creatures and need, therefore, spiritual guidance.

Some religious people are cunts, what's the point of this picture?