Hey Sup Forums I want to get a dog, which large breeds are quiet and not overly energetic?

Hey Sup Forums I want to get a dog, which large breeds are quiet and not overly energetic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=el93MIxAf-c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Great dane theyre lap dogs despite their size.

Huskys

"Dog breeds"

They are all the same species with little variance in temperament. Animals that intelligent tend to be like people in that they have differing personalities. Some breeds are more intelligent and healthy than others, but for the most part, this is not a factor at all.

Aren't they very excitable and tear stuff up?

This is a myth, just get it while it's still a puppy

But human races vary in intelligence and aggressiveness also you are dumb a Chihuahua does not act like a great dane user.

They only tear stuff up if they get bored. They can be high maintenance. I prefer pitt-bulls but they need to be socialized and played with a lot.

Bull mastiff

Prefer more low maintenance. Obviously I will give it the attention it needs but also dont want to spend my whole life watching over it

stay away from the more "agressive" breeds then. I have to ask, do you have land or are you in town or an apartment?

Don’t get a husky, they are high maintenance and are definitely not recommended as a beginner’s dog. So if this is your first dog, avoid it.
Now you can go for a chihuahua. You can train them not to bark a lot and they barely need exercise. Those fuckers can run around the house for a few minutes and next second they’re about to pass out. So easy to take care of. They will just love you a lot so don’t leave them alone or they’ll be heartbroken you fuck face

get a Caucasian sheep dog

cane corso, good, loyal big idiots who can't really even bark. Ours only snores very loudly.

fuck off man, husky are very energetic and easily startled

German Shepard, maybe not so quite.. but trainable so id go with that

Rottweiler

also a good one, like German Shepard.

I actually had a mix puppy once, very needy dog... but they dont get much more loyal than that. Gardenboy niggerfag jumped the fence once.... she almost killed him

>Hey Sup Forums I want to get a dog, which large breeds are quiet and not overly energetic?

Cougar. Go out and buy a cougar, perfect house dogs, perfect pets, my mates got 3.

Check out the Tosa Inu breed. Usually calm (no barking), relatively low maintenance ...

Do not listen to this troll, OP

Rottweiler

you can always adopt a golden retriever from the pound.

Why adopt?? Lab puppies are goddamn handfull

Labrador. the best starter dog there is. get a black one for its smarts, a yellow one for its love, or a brown one for a dopey friend. or get a mutt mixy.

golden retriever, is a second choice, they are great dogs, but the hair is an issue.

Risky, but personal favorites, blue heeler, German Shepard, Aussies. VERY smart, but VERY willful, not starter dogs, need alot of attention and exercise. getting a mix of any Shepard type dog will go a long way, but they are cool pals.

pitts are nigger tier, avoid pure breeds, they need to be watered down ALOT, even then they wreck shit, like eating a chair with their massive jaws kinda shit. very friendly and love to cuddle tho.

if you want a big fat couch friend, lab is good. greyhounds are couch hounds, surprisingly, they need to be ran real hard though, then they just sleep.

Rottweiler or Bulldog, neither need fantastic amounts of exercise and are relatively slothful by nature but hella affectionate and loyal. Good with kids too if it's an issue.

The best dog with kids is the English Bull Terrier, but they're mid sized rather than large and they'll require more exercise.

Alternatively, a pair of Dobies will tire each other out if you have land for them to play on. A single Doberman will require a decent amount of exercise, they're willing, loyal and usually very smart, apart from some of the larger males..who can be pretty damn stupid but very affectionate. I had a big blue dobie that had to sleep with (read half on top of) me. He'd stand as close as he could to me then topple over and slide off to one side.

Wonderful wonderful dogs. I pity myself most grievously for not being in a position to own a dog currently, due to my landlord, and most UK landlords not allowing pets.

not starter dogs lads. good breeds, but this guys wouldn't know what to do with one. he is asking Sup Forums, clearly that should show his confidence as an alpha pack leader.

Bull mastif

well fucking excuse us Ceser Millan

smaller breeds are just easier, get a bulldog... a lazy fucker might suite you

None of those, bar the German Shepherd is a good choice for a first dog, certainly not a lab with their proclivities for chewing and need of a firm hand due to their relative lack of smarts. You'll need to redirect that chewing behaviour early on to have a chance. German Shepherds aren't great as a first dog either. Unless you're buying from a top notch dealer, as dysplasia now affects a majority of Alsatians, the Terveran(sp?) and Malinois - Belgian Shepherds - are a better bet as the good ol' Kennel Club hasn't completely fucked them with ridiculous breed standards yet. You'll only get 8-10 years with an Alsatian, shame to waste the last half of it's life with it in constant pain from it's hips and back legs.

A Rottie or Dobie is a better bet than an Alsatian. An Alsatian is better than a Lab. But there are many great breeds better than a lab unless you actually have use for a gun dog with a soft mouth.

yeah a bull mastive Rottweiler husky Shepard is like a nightmare of all of the largest most powerful breeds. what dog WOULDN'T you suggest to a person?

>inb4 Mongolian/Tibetan mastiff

I'd like a Tibetan Mastiff but I lack the cash. Thems some pricey dawgs.

if we are talking actual pure breeds, then yea labs are bread to hunt ducks and such, which means chewing, but a regular pound mixxy """lab"" is the most basic dog in the world.

I actually have a rottie, I love her, but man is she suborn. you have to kinda know what your doing with those strong willed dogs.

I'd love one, but man, that's a dog you'd have to change your living situation for.

youtube.com/watch?v=el93MIxAf-c

100% the most gangster dog

Beagle are quiet.
Just feed it shit tones of food and it will not want to go anywhere

Old english bulldog or a bulli kuta(indian mastiff).
>INB4 bloody kuta ate my tandoori.

Get an abandonded lap or golden retriever from the pound. (Probably lab since golden retrievers are very popular dogs and always get snapped up quick).

You should aim for something that is over 1 year old, and even better if 3-5years old. You will get a lot of good years with it and not have to worry about their energetic puppy years, and re-homed dogs usually fall heads over heals attachment to the person that saves them from the pound. Just about the most loyal sort of dog you can find.

Labs still needs exercise and strict diet - don't believe him when he tells you he is still hungry after dinner, because he will eat until he passes out if you let him. Don't be one of those disgusting lab owners that allows their dog to be in horrible shape.

FYI - this is what a real lab looks like.

versus the average american lab (or person)