Metal for people that don't like metal

I like Slow Deep and Hard and World Coming Down from Type O Negative and probably a handful of other shit I don't remember but generally the forced "act" of a lot of metal usually turns me off (I guess like Type O for some reason regardless idk), like I've barely listened to Deafheaven but even Sunbather's vocals turned me off. Like I can be behind screaming for sure but when it's forcefully done in a metal style (in excess, it being done in a more reserved and masterfully utilized way is something I could be behind) that's when I begin to be turned off.

Anyone got suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fgbba5w9KVY
youtube.com/watch?v=kOhUcIw1d3I
youtube.com/watch?v=MP20Lvxm5ks
youtube.com/watch?v=0xA_Qfj8ErY
youtube.com/watch?v=Ma27diEPqB0
youtube.com/watch?v=-0Ao4t_fe0I
youtube.com/watch?v=OyNpxbap67g
youtube.com/watch?v=CDbY4EjNJiU
youtube.com/watch?v=G8nM0LTxTOo
youtube.com/watch?v=gdP3O8L_MV4
youtube.com/watch?v=0TvdPsKw0Uw&list=PLC7B08DF891BBE1BD
youtube.com/watch?v=t1rQPtZowT8
youtube.com/watch?v=tAGnKpE4NCI
youtube.com/watch?v=bSFHfXqhL6w
youtube.com/watch?v=woe_4gkS4XU
youtube.com/watch?v=42S17rDYZuc
youtube.com/watch?v=0ZYa5-LWAYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=pxPSygSH2v0
youtube.com/watch?v=ZP-6vadPUBc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ghost is the pinnacle metal for people who don't like metal bands. It successfully removes everything mildly offensive (and thus, interesting) from the music. Most songs have clean riffs and solos at least for part of them to attract as many casuals as possible, and the vocals are so wimpy and sterile that it could pass for pop. It even thematically manages to completely neuter metal by turning the anti-christian themes of many metal bands into a fucking joke. They live off a gimmick and a worse version of The Devil's Blood. If you're a complete pleb, spin them.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fgbba5w9KVY

I think this one is bretty good
youtube.com/watch?v=kOhUcIw1d3I

I got you senpai. Type O is kinda metal-not-metal because being heavy sometimes took a backseat to rich production, and songwriting by kids who grew up on the Beatles. So here's some stuff that's dark and on the periphery of metal, but focuses a lot on lush songwriting.

SubRosa - a doom/sludge inspired band that makes heavy use of violin (2 players) and centers around the singer/songwriter, who is proving herself to be really solid on composition. Female vocals so your mileage may vary. youtube.com/watch?v=MP20Lvxm5ks

Electric Wizard - the band that does the most to the keep fire of 70's style doom alive. There's a fair amount of variation in their albums over time, but it's all got the same heavy fuzz and instruments that fuckin' bury the vocals. youtube.com/watch?v=0xA_Qfj8ErY

Russian Circles - Instrumental. Flexible in that sometimes the bass carries the melody rather than the guitar. I kinda feel like these have stagnated in recent efforts. But when they're good, they're so fucking good. youtube.com/watch?v=Ma27diEPqB0

If any of this shit feels like it's hitting the mark for you, I can go a little further.

Not criticizing the band at all, I've seen them live twice for heaven's sake, but they're definitely metal for people who don't like metal.

youtube.com/watch?v=-0Ao4t_fe0I

Obviously Filosofem. It's a great album regardless of taste.

I think Arch Enemy's Anthem's of Rebellion and Children of Bodom's Hatebreeder are pretty normalfag friendly, although a bit pleb. Sludge is a good genre for someone with educated taste.

Also check this shit
youtube.com/watch?v=OyNpxbap67g

Type O is melodramatic as fuck though what are you on? If you want legit not melodramatic stuff, you want groove and sludge stuff.

Pantera - Vulgar Display Of Power
Down - NOLA
Eyehategod - Take As Needed For Pain
Godflesh - Streetcleaner

Also you'll probs like Metallica too

Sevendust
youtube.com/watch?v=CDbY4EjNJiU

periphery. usually a perfect blend of agressive metal with screaming and amazing singing with plenty of jaw dropping melodic sections. heres a few examples.
the second half of this song has some of the best melodies ive ever heard.
youtube.com/watch?v=G8nM0LTxTOo

this is all singing and djenty af
youtube.com/watch?v=gdP3O8L_MV4

>muh vocals
Kill yourself.

what about instumental metal? check out this playlist youtube.com/watch?v=0TvdPsKw0Uw&list=PLC7B08DF891BBE1BD

Everyone should give Pallbearer a chance.

youtube.com/watch?v=t1rQPtZowT8

I'm not huge into metal myself but I do like the early 90s gothic metal stuff that was basically glorified death/doom like Paradise Lost, My Dying Bride, Anathema, and Katatonia. If you like TON then maybe check some of those guys out, especially since all of them have more accessible efforts - even MDB, who have stuck to their guns over the years, released Like Gods Of The Sun and 37.488%... Complete. The other 3 bands mentioned straight up softened their sound to a point where even the staunchest non-metal fans could get into some of their stuff - Paradise Lost had a synthrock phase while Katatonia and Anathema transitioned into prog territory.

>Sleep - Holy Mountain
>Electric Wizard - Dopethrone
>Opeth - Blackwater Park, Ghost Reveries, Watershed

you guys can't be serious
youtube.com/watch?v=tAGnKpE4NCI

Opeth's another good one. Blackwater Park is pretty much the most accessible album that can qualify as extreme metal. Dat Wilson production.

just because you have a good one doesn't make other people's choices wrong, stupid

Alcest and Amesoeurs

This is the most nu track I've ever heard

u arent welcome

>Also you'll probs like Metallica too
Is written in my post are you blind, a troll, or stupid?

Nah, this is youtube.com/watch?v=bSFHfXqhL6w

Slow, Deep, and Hard is the epitome of everything you just said. And it's one of the greatest.

>but generally the forced "act" of a lot of metal usually turns me off
just get used to the cheesy stuff, there's lot of good music that hides behind all that cheese

Ghost isn't even metal, it's hard rock

youtube.com/watch?v=woe_4gkS4XU
youtube.com/watch?v=42S17rDYZuc
youtube.com/watch?v=0ZYa5-LWAYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=pxPSygSH2v0

Fusion of post-rock with metal elements.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZP-6vadPUBc

Metal for non-metal heads = clean vocals, melodic, not too fast, not too geeky, good production

Nobody on Sup Forums likes October rust and dead again except for me

Add life is killing me to the list. Pic unrelated.