Do people listen to this anymore

do people listen to this anymore

It's still his best album.

I only listen to DNA and Humble because those two tracks are hype. The rest are w/e.

No, because it doesn't play to his strengths. Also his delivery and vocals were uncharacteristically bad. Hopefully his next album has more effort and less collaborators

damn near

Nope. Shit album.

nobody actually listens to kendrick, it's a psyops

It's pretty fun desu senpai. It's no GKMC or TPAB but it's a lot easier of a listen. It's a perfect balance of fun/straightforward and conceptual/meaningful. Obviously it doesn't take it's concept to the depths of his past albums. Hell, even Section .80 feels like a denser concept album than Damn. But it's still there while at it's core just being a simple collection of good songs.

>gkmc and tpab are hard to listen to
is this who im sharing this board with? btw no songs on DAMN are as fun or memorable as backstreet freestyle or as meaningful as the blacker the berry or alright. I do like his expansion of the introspective side of him since u on tpab

>It's a perfect balance of fun/straightforward and conceptual/meaningful.

Nah, that's GKMC. Section 80 and Damn are both much more on the "straighforward" side and TPAB goes too hard on trying to be a "deep" concept album. GKMC has songs that are great on their own and flow perfectly as an album. But it's an easy album to listen to all the way through. Listening to TPAB all the way through is a borderline chore.

>i said Damn is an easier listen than TPAB
>that means TPAB is HARD to listen to

I share the board with fucking retards apparently

not really

Only DNA and HUMBLE since they can be used as party bangers.

Typical Sup Forums drone. Contrarian without a thought behind it. The eternal hipster. Maybe it's not Kendrick's best work, but it's a damn good and consistently listenable.

Do us all a favor. Turn 18 first before you start posting. Kids turn against the tide for the sake of being cool. You, kid, are not cool.

Typical nu-male drone. Conformist without a thought behind it. The eternal normie.

Honestly this album is just a blank to me and proof that Kendrick cemented his name in the industry where people rely too much on the critical praise to go against the grain.

I get it if you enjoy this album but the amount of praise it received is nowhere near the of quality it's supposed to be carrying. At least with TPAB I could see where people were coming from while this is just a puzzle to me.

We'll see how it fares in a few years

It's sort of this posthumous praise. Very common in most realms of mainstream pop music related stuff. Inferior future works will often get love because the superior previous works didn't even though they should've gotten it.

>A lot of mu likes the album
???

DAMN is overrated as hell my man. Having bum tracks like LOVE which sounds like it was ripped straight off a Drake album, and disappointing tracks like GOD with weak and uninspired beats. Its not a terrible project by any means, but calling it "damn good" is a damn stretch. Its a weird mixed bag of Kendrick's worst and best work and I wouldn't call it wholly consistent.

This album get worse with every listen.

GKMC is his best album.

Has some of his worst tracks like LOYALTY, GOD and LOVE.

how anyone can call this album great with those tracks present is beyond me

I unironically still enjoy TPAB the most out of all his work

Don't see how you wouldn't since it's a good album

Not at all

DAMN. > GKMC > TPAB > Sect.80

Hello Kendrick

objectively wrong, sheesh

but LOVE is the best song on the whole album.

Like I said it's like clockwork

He went a bit overboard with the black hebrew references.

Has there been any conformation he buys into that non sense?

If that's his best then he is shit.

This album was made to be as mainstream as possible. Kendrick is not a niche artist by any means but this album was created almost solely for radio play; I mean it has Rihanna and u2 as features.

The thought behind my opinion that it's a shit album: I listened to it and it sucked. Not even DNA or Humble were good. Big letdown after GKMC and TPAB, which were great.

Section 80 is Kendrick’s best album

Objectively wrong but it's better than DAMN. that's for sure.

but TPAB only had Blacker The Berry and DAMN. is objectively better.

this.

this album was made for bangers and radioplay with no artistic statement in mind

patrician detected
DAMN.>UU>GKMC>TPAB>S80>OD
PRIDE. and XXX. alone make DAMN. better than anything Kendrick has ever made before

my nigga someone with some sense. i wouldnt rank UU with the studio albums but the rest of this post god damn youre my friend now

stop shilling your album here kendrick

Anyone who calls this his best is the problem with the music industry today.

This

You're also forgetting Wesley's Theory, For Free, u, King Kunta, i, For Sale, Momma...

you act as if TPAB and GKMC don't have bad tracks

No, trust me, I remember those songs. LOVE and ELEMENT stomp every one of those songs. For Free isnt even a fucking song its a skit more than anything

I bet you listen to trap rappers or J. Cole

yeah sorry im not a nigger I don't really relate to the struggles of being a black man the way i can relate to broad topics like, i dont know, love and spirituality as a whole.

I'm talking about the quality of production and composition. I'm not black and I can at least appreciate the more interesting instrumentation in TPAB.

In that case, you saying I listen to J. Cole as if it were a bad thing makes no sense considering 4 Your Eyez Only is literally TPAB 1.5, production wise.
Even talking production/composition wise, is it hard to believe that someone would rather listen to the tight construction of most if not all of the beats on DAMN, as opposed to a funk sound that was done better by, I dont know, funk artists over 40 years ago or gangsta rappers over 20 years ago? If your problem is that DAMN. is too pop then you're also defending the album that has his poppiest song ever bar none in i.
Wait, he said his dick wasnt free and then rapped fast. That means TPAB is better.

You shouldn't be listening to black people music.

Moron. Butterfly will always be GOAT

>you have to be black to face the struggle
This is what sheltered kids with no siblings actually believe.

>overblown concept albums
>AMAZING

Why? Why can't a solid collection of good songs be better than an overblown and long-running jumble of pretentious wank? TPAB has tons of filler. It's only considered better because it's "artistic". Even Kendrick knows this and puts his better albums above it. He just made it because he knew it would give him critical acclaim and cement his place among the greats. Now he can get down to business just making good music again.

People are indeed stupid, but who on Earth would willingly listen to mass produced, lowest common denominator, basic moronic shit rap for longer than a week after its release?

shut up

Thats why nobody listens to TPAB anymore.

Indeed. This is why Rap is inferior to most other genres but also why it remains so relevant. Most modern Rap fans don't care about "old" releases. Whether they be from 3 years ago or 20 years ago. It's not fashionable to be into "classics" from the genre like it is for Jazz, Rock or obviously Classical. It's meant to be consumed and then instantly forgotten. This helps because it's a lot easier to produce as well. More often than not the rapper just writes the lyrics and performs the piece. There's no musical composition, that's all done by the faceless producers that most people don't give a fuck about. It's not like a rock album where a group of musicians write and work out complex musical ideas and mold them into songs. It's just a beat and some lyrics slapped together.

section 80 is nyquil in audio form, thank god kendrick was able to move on to better things

>rock is better than rap because they work out complex musical ideas and mold them into songs
I've spent the last 8 years of my life making jokey shitty rock music in FL Studio. If I can do that, your rock bands can too. This is almost as insulting as just reducing your argument to "music isnt real if its made on a computer."

Eh I played GKMC for pretty much the whole year and still listen to Sing about me frequently.

Haven't listened to anything off DAMN for a while now

My point isn't that rock is better. Just that more often than not rap can be produced faster.

>your rock bands

What are you fucking eight years old?

aside from him saying he does?

>response to a long post
>singles out one specific part to get butthurt by

Happens every damn thread.

nobody said that but apart from maybe Real there's not many really pop appeal tracks like the one we hear on DAMN.

I don't get what's so good about this. It's shit.

DAMN's message is a bit less but the thing has some fucking hype bangers

>fucking hype bangers

I can tell you're a wigger.

this