/bulbous/

Daily reminder that a squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Od0_LRNlE5A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's right, The Mascara Snake

Those poor jews

This album has the best lyricism of all time hands down. Literally none of it makes sense

Is she fast and bulbous?

NOW HERE SHE COME WALKIN LOOKIN LIKE A ZOO

Bulbous also tapered!

A squid getting trips in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?

Quite bulbosè

Ooh, fancy.

ALSO

A TIN TEARDROP

Welp now I lnow everyone who likes this album is a child

how convenient

My uncle's 64 and has a safe as milk poster and loves captain beefheart

the old fart was smart

I heard a story that he got the name Captain Beefheart because as a party trick, he would squeeze his cock to make his helmet swole and an onlooker remarked that his glans resembled a beef heart.
True story (?)

theres an interview where frank zappa says it was some inside joke between him and don that involved don's uncle exposing himself to the uncle's girlfriend.
maybe don was the onlooker to the uncle's cock

If I remember correctly, it was because that's what his uncle called his dick.

play your soprano, son

*mixes vocals too high*

It's a bush recording.
We're out recording the bush.
The name of the composition is Neon Meate Dream of a Octofish...
...No! It's Hair Pie

goddammit zappa. I actually wanna hear the bass lines of some of these tracks...

(arf, arf)

I CANNOT GO BACK TO YOUR FROWNLAAND

Protip: captain beefheart was a schizo asshole who beat his bandmates to make crazy music

There was a BBC Beefheart documentary in which Zapp was interviewed shortly before he died where he admits he literally didn't do anything production-related other than sit in the corner and let Don make all the decisions, regardless of whether or not he thought they were good ideas or not. Literally all Zappa did was put up the money and get them the studio time. Am I the only one who doesn't mind the mixing of the album? The vocals are supposed to be the focus...

I find that bullshit, it's been well documented by the Magic Band that Zappa was in fact in charge of mixing. Don and the Magic band simply played in the studio and sent it all off to Zappa for mixing and eventual release.
And no, technically the main focus wasn't Don's vocals since he basically saw his voice as an extension of the instrumentation instead of something above it. Zappa simply mixed it the same way he would mix anything else, because of that you can barely hear the bass and Don's vocals are way too fucking loud and drown out the incredible instrument playing. There was a mix made in the 90s which a member of the Magic Band said was actually way better than the original. But unfortunately, there won't ever be an analog reissue by the Zappa family since they lost the original masters, or someone related to Don doesn't want to hand them over. One or the other, can't remember.

youtube.com/watch?v=Od0_LRNlE5A
There is completely no evidence for this claim you know it, they were starving because they were poor, not because Don would hide food like you fuckwads try to claim. They could leave at any time if they wanted to, but since they spent so much time practicing the music on TMR they were in it for the long run.

>that little part where they're rehearsing the skit and one of them is just suddenly struck by the stupidity of what they're doing and just mutters "jesus christ" under his breath and then they just keep going with the album anyway because dammit they're fully committed to this

[airplane passes overhead]

[loud drum intro breaks the peacefulness]

MOONLIGHT ON VERMOO-OONT! AFFECTED EVERYBODY! EVEN MRS. WOOTEN WELL AS! LITTLE NITTY!