Can someone redpill me on Pinochet?

Can someone redpill me on Pinochet?

I don't know really shit at all about him and was wonder why people say he's so based.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R9R4zPTpS9w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He gave free helicopter rides.

He killed a load of leftys and didn't meddle in the economy. He let people who knew how to run it run it.

Fuckin kek! Going to assume he threw useless fucks out of a chopper or had it ordered, one time or another.

Good to know, thanks m8

He was a CIA asset, and "his" economic ideas failed.
His crusade against lefties also involved a lot of unnecessary brutality.
Awful person, illiterate peasant, foreign puppet.
Loved by cretins here who can't tell their ass from their heads.

>Fuckin kek! Going to assume he threw useless fucks out of a chopper or had it ordered, one time or another.

They carried out executions of commies by tossing them in the ocean

I wonder if they shot them before throwing them out :^)

this desu. thx m8

This. No one with true business sense looks up to this thug. Maybe types like his are necessary during the worst of times but it's what we should desire.

youtube.com/watch?v=R9R4zPTpS9w

He made Chile great again.

Care to explain? For all I know Chile emerged as sole success story in South America during Pinochet's regime

He was too brutal.

Pinochet had nothing to do with it. Chile really started growing once his regime was removed.
Jew Friedman (whose ideas failed completely) and neoliberal cabal tried to tie this success to Pinochet. Centrist government that came after him was successful, not Pinochet.
Pinochet was an illiterate corrupt brutal peasant, put in power by Americans.

That fucker. Chile could be another Venezuela, but he fucked it up.

Correct.

That's not an argument.
>Women were the primary targets of gruesome acts of sexual abuse. According to the Valech Commission, almost every single female prisoner was a victim of repeated rape. Not only would military men rape women, they would also use foreign objects and even animals to inflict more pain and suffering. Women (and occasionally men) reported that spiders and live rats were often implanted on their genitals. One woman testified that she had been “raped and sexually assaulted with trained dogs and with live rats.” She was forced to have sex with her father and brother—who were also detained.[39]
If you think this is okay, you're literally no different from Stalinist butchers.
In fact, Stalinist butchers are better people than you by a margin. Stalin was at least a nationalist who didn't serve foreign power. Pinochet was a CIA stooge.

communists are literally not human, friend. it wasn't that big a deal.

>Londres No. 38 was a secret detention center located in downtown Santiago, where DINA members operated from 1973 until the end of 1974. This was one of the many sites that had been previously owned by leftist organizations. Prisoners at Londres No. 38 endured lengthy interrogation periods and continual humiliating treatment. Captors preferred to torture detainees by electrocuting them. Not only were the suspects incarcerated, but their relatives were also arrested. Family members underwent sexual abuse in the presence of their relatives. However, during the initial period, prisoners were still permitted to interact with one another and share information.[30]
>Most prisoners suffered from severe beatings, and broken or even amputated limbs. At Villa Grimaldi, DINA forced non-compliant prisoners lie down on the ground. The captors ran over their legs with a large vehicle, and crushed the prisoners' bones.[33] The assailants also beat prisoners in the ear until they became deaf, and entirely unconscious; this torture method was called the "telephone."[34] Most of the acts of punishment were intended to severely humiliate the prisoners. At the Pisagua Concentration Camp, captors intimidated prisoners by forcing them to crawl on the ground and lick the dirt off the floors. If the prisoners complained or even collapsed from exhaustion, they were promptly executed.[35] Prisoners were also immersed into vats of excrement, and were occasionally forced to ingest it.[36][37]

You don't need to state that, I'm aware majority of Americans support CIA appointed dictators brutalizing their own population for American interests.
And no one opposing American interests is human.

now you're getting it.

Augusto

Just another test run.

You are aware that you are equally if not more expendable in the eyes of your government than the people whose death you cheer, yes?

They make good sweatshop workers, you fulfill no function and are being replaced.

Of course he isn't.

>actually unironically caring about a few dead commies
He created an economic powerhouse on a continent of abject poverty. I'd say that's worth the effort of putting down a few rabid dogs.

I think you are confusing Chile with Argentina mate

or maybe Chileans did the same