Ennio Morricone

I was gonna start this on Sup Forums but they cant tell a big guy from a small one.

Does Sup Forums agree with me that Ennio Morricone is the greatest film composer of all time?

youtu.be/bKtKq3OnUfU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CdL__zuZvpA?t=151
youtu.be/mMVmW0k9jZI
youtube.com/watch?v=M-5oqpqPIng
youtube.com/watch?v=AS3FXKCxDL4
youtube.com/watch?v=QcyZ_VnLEgw
youtube.com/watch?v=oUDCbOVmSdU
youtube.com/watch?v=7PnltVxofI4
youtube.com/watch?v=f84e64g1ZMw
youtube.com/watch?v=h2HAFri7m4k
youtube.com/watch?v=OsQC4HPruDQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9mYFKJBgxbM
youtube.com/watch?v=MG0Jof6X19s
youtube.com/watch?v=DdKsrotr6PU
youtube.com/watch?v=lHpumFSr6t8
youtube.com/watch?v=tWyyfWfNy1w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Does Sup Forums agree with me that Ennio Morricone is the greatest film composer of all time?
>literally who is Hans Zimmer

>Hans Zimmer, Hans Zimmer, Hans Zimmer
Probably the only film composer you know.

yes. pure kino, user.

he's a capeshit composer.

*blocks your path*

Yes
A hack

>Hans Zimmer

Zimmer composes normie tunes for movies

Morricone composes symphonies for kino

youtu.be/CdL__zuZvpA?t=151

Nah zimmer doesn't even come close to the likes of Herrmann, Morricone and Bernie have always been tied at the top for me, all subjective though. I just personally believe that, Herrmann especially has a much more creative use of melody and instrumentation, always alluding to more than just the same repetitive strings that the likes of Zimmer puts out, see Taxi Driver for example, the music makes it all go way deeper

>Bernie

Out of the normie composers
John Powell > John Williams > Hanz Zimmer > Alan Silvestri > John Murphy > James Horner (cos he's dead)

If Horner was alive I'd put him between Powell and Williams.

youtu.be/mMVmW0k9jZI

Poledouris is underrated and i'm sad he never got to do more epic scores and instead worked for shitty seagal flicks.

who is Thomas Newman?

Morricone is the Zimmer of spaghetti Westerns.

youtube.com/watch?v=M-5oqpqPIng

he hasn't won an emmy, oscar, tony, grammy, and a fucking pulitzer for nothing

avant-teens and summer Sup Forums arguing over morricone and zimmer lol

this guy knows
youtube.com/watch?v=AS3FXKCxDL4

Am i too modern and intellectual for you plebs?

This. John Powell's scores are more memorable than any of the normie composers bar maybe John Williams and John Williams has golden age Spielberg armour fortifying his work.
youtube.com/watch?v=QcyZ_VnLEgw
youtube.com/watch?v=oUDCbOVmSdU
youtube.com/watch?v=7PnltVxofI4

If anybody here actually thinks that Hans Zimmer or John Williams are better composers then they need to fuck off with their normie shit, no joke.

Every Vangelis piece:
>CH CH CH CH CH CH CH
>dun dun dun dun dun dun
>CH CH CH CH CH CH CH
>dun dun dun dun dun dun
>CH CH CH CH CH CH CH
>aah aah aah aah aah aah aah aah ah
>CH CH CH CH CH CH CH

sorry but this is generic as fuck

Still less generic than Zimmer.

Zimmer has a lot of good movies under his belt, his scores are good enough to enhance any project he's working on (making him a great composer for film)
but, they stand less on their own.

Lalo Schifrin

Morricone is one of the best, but I'll just take this opportunity to post some cool 70's soundtrack music

David Shire - The Taking of Pelham One Two Three youtube.com/watch?v=f84e64g1ZMw
Michael Small - Klute youtube.com/watch?v=h2HAFri7m4k
Jerry Goldsmith - Chinatown youtube.com/watch?v=OsQC4HPruDQ
Krzysztof Penderecki - Polymorphia from The Exorcist youtube.com/watch?v=9mYFKJBgxbM

Morricone is ok. He was working with what he had, which often wasn't much. Guitar, whistling, etc. very cheap things he could do himself in the studio.

Bernard Herrmann and Jerry Goldsmith are more our shit. Lalo Schifrin too

watch op's video, its clearly not just guitar and whistling.

John Carpenter.

>Everybody ignoring this post
Watch more movies than the Dollars trilogy you plebs.

Man, Morricone is great but I wish more people knew about Alessandroni

youtube.com/watch?v=MG0Jof6X19s

Yes

Morricone is so great, his stuff for Danger: Diabolik should be celebrated here youtube.com/watch?v=DdKsrotr6PU

no shit. I've seen a lot of sergio leone films and heard a lot of morricone scores.
You'd be surprised how often he strips it back to a few instruments though.

Notice how OPs video is the main theme, and likely a specially made version for the concert hall, including soloist and choir. The actual score of the film is much more sparse, often as little as a single harmonica (obviously for the harmonica guy).

Silence is morricones greatest tool and he uses is often

also worth noting Morricone played trumpet on this youtube.com/watch?v=lHpumFSr6t8

This film is one of the greatest things to come out of the Italian sixties

Morricone is an absolute legend and a great composer, but he's a small fish compared to for example the Eastern European greats (like Zbigniew Preisner (Dekalog), Zdenek Liska (The Cremator), Mihaly Vig (Werckmeister Harmonies), and Lubos Fiser (Valerie and her Week of Wonders).

Great picks.

Hans Zimmer usually puts out generic bombast and other times he actually tries and creates something beautiful. Still don't care for his bombastic stuff, though.

I like Ifukube despite his recycled themes. Morricone's work is top tier though

youtube.com/watch?v=tWyyfWfNy1w

Man i watched some old Russian film which had a Shostakovich soundtrack, that was top tier.

Who is Angelo Badalamenti?