DET: Boyd wins Tigers' No. 5 spot over Sanchez
CIN: Amir Garrett earns a spot in Reds' rotation
CIN: Duvall homers twice Tuesday versus Dodgers
ARZ: Greinke again struggles with velocity vs. M's
TEX: DeShields could be everyday LF, leadoff man
BOS: Thornburg has right shoulder impingement
NYY: Girardi hasn't decided on starting RF yet
KC: Lorenzo Cain scratched with side tightness
CIN: Raisel Iglesias fine after side session Tues.
CHC: Maddon not considering DL for Russell
STL: Molina could get 3 years, $45-55 million

first for mets desu

Let's go O's

THE SHOW SERVERS A SHIT. SHIT.

mariners

royals

xth for Red Sox

You guys could always play that cartoon baseball game.

Bigger joke of a franchise?

> opening day in 6 (six) days
> got the day off for the parade
> got the day after off for the hangover
> got a new road jersey
> got an invite to a bitchin parade party

Mariners

That goes to the padres.

> Who are the Milwaukee "Brewers"?

Yeah, probably mariners

Padres have gone to 2 World Series, m8.

>the pathetic phillynigger is still obsessed

my aching sides, stop

At least the dads have a beautiful park

>thinking it's just me making fun of the mest

you're a league-wide joke m8

Shaw in mid-season form already and Kluber's been locked in all spring. Can't wait

>nipscribbles

what's the best baseball game on steam

OOTP

just sad, man. remember when you predicted the phillies to win games down the stretch last year and they lost pretty much every single one of them?

This. But citi field is pretty good if you ask me. Next to laguardia and fast transport to the players. And the shea bridge is neat. Too bad the out of town scoreboard is Shit

>Two World Series
>TWO
>Lose to Yankees and tigers

Mets made it to 5 and won 2. Sure there should be 3 but that's impressive for the mets

>ever pre-ordering a AAA game in current year
>ever expecting anything to work properly prior to the Day 1 DLC and Patch
>ever expecting Day 1 Patch to fix even half the problems
>ever expecting to be paying for a finished game
I love The Show but you goys brought this on yourselves

>NYY: Girardi hasn't decided on starting RF yet
so aaron hicks, huh? what a fucking idiot

Matz the first to hit the DL. Who's next? My money is on Harvey, then Wheeler.

I hate seeing Citi field. It's the last thing I see in the plane before having to fly back to my fly over shit hole

New York smells like piss.

the mets are the most successful expansion franchise of all time

Won the last one though, a fitting end for the Big Piece and philly fans everywhere.

Plus we were a few close ones away from keeping you out of the postseason. If only the bullpen held up..

>New York smells like piss

That's the Bronx. Not queens. Plus the subway stations are pretty crappy, but the city does have some nice things

>Hating on citi field

It's better then the huge ass Jumbotron at shea with a parking lot as the backdrop

do you have any concept of how good the Padres' WS opponents were? They had to face the 1984 Tigers (of 35-5 to start the season fame), then the 1998 Yankees with Kevin Brown as their one pitching weapon. They were completely shut down both times, eking out one win in the Tiger series. You cannot fault the Dads for either loss, they just got unlucky to face two insanely good AL teams.

Who else playing as Tebow?

That's a funny way to spell Los Angeles, the actual piss capital of America

lmao you lost 5 of your last 7 to us, and lost your final 6 games before the mets clinched and started erik goeddel against you in the final game.

but hey, i guess that's really all phillies fans have to take pride in right now
what's he rated?

>b b b but only most of our city smells like human waste.

>spring training games
>mattering

Welcome back big guy. Can't wait for all the juicy ESPN stories.

Yep. And the padres got fucked. Mets faced Baltimore, Oakland, Boston, that same Yankees team in 2000, and the royals. Out of them all, Yankees were incredible, and so were the athletics. The Mets have some incredible luck to win their last one, and I'm still baffled at how Buckner missed the call that easily.

But in all senses, the padres are shit

>DG is now falseflagging as a Philthies fan

How does someone stoop this low

Cleveland Indians

That's the Bronx once again. Have you gone to all parts of New York City? You want to get mugged after a game? Head to Yankee stadium

I been here for 5 years m8. Just don't usually trip except in mlb threads

what? the 1969 world series was considered one of the biggest upsets of all time. the mets were an 8 year old franchise going up against the team with the best record in the AL with a stacked lineup. the only time the mets were clearly the better team in the world series was 1986, and even then the red sox were a really good team.

his arm is probably rated 25.
>dat throwing motion
if (and that's a massive if) he ever earns regular playing time, his shoulder will get destroyed just trying to throw a guy out at third.

Wait the orioles once had the best record in the AL? Damn that era had to be weird

He's so fucking terrible. The Mets are a joke for signing him.

The Orioles had a mini dynasty in the late 60s early 70s. Insane rotation and godly lineup.

those O's teams had STACKED staffs, m8. Jim Palmer, Mike Cuellar, Dave McNally. Hell, the front 4 of the 1971 team all won 20+ games, but then lost in the WS again, to the Pirates in 7.

they had a hall of fame manager, brooks robinson and frank robinson, two other players with 25+ home runs, a hall of fame pitcher in jim palmer and a cy young award winner. there's a reason the 1969 team was called the Miracle Mets.

Oh damn. Did they win anything or they just left it in the dust? Also, got any good Mets profile pictures?

the FO probably did it as a joke. that, and the $$$ from the Tebow jerseys

How come this stuff is almost never mentioned at all? Probably because they didn't win it all

I believe they won an eries or two. How's this for weird? The Oakland As where their main competition.

i mean, they won the world series the next year and won the pennant for a 3rd straight time in 1971. just because you've never heard of it doesn't mean they're not mentioned

ur goin places

They won the AL pennant in 66 69 70 and 71 and the eries in 66 and 70.

Kek, my dad wasn't even alive at that time. What a joke of a franchise

Good to know that.

The 2017 Phillies might be worse than the 2017 Padres
I'm 100% serious

i'm so excited lad

i sublimate my overwhelming sense of emptiness through baseball

As compared to what? A 108 year title drought?

I'd like to argue but i have no idea what the Dads did in the off-season.

Ironically the padres could be good if the prospects go into place and weaver has a bounce back year. They're stacked in prospects, jankoski and schimpf look pretty good, and they have a solid outfield. But they're still shit

biggest thing was signing Jered Weaver

> signing Jered Weaver

what does it say, /mlb/ ?

Schimpf is interesting
I wouldn't be surprised if someone like the Rockies will try to trade for him because his only tool is power and he could probably hit for a decent average as a bench player in Colorado. And let's be honest the Padres need all the prospects they can get

"I could have hit a walk off bomb!"

I say that they get a starter like chatwood in exchange for schimpf, but then again, Colorado may not need a fielder this year

reminder griffey is a roider and a false idol

> a
> fucking
> leaf

you seriously misunderstand how bad the padres are

/mlb/ in a nutshell, well done

No, I understand how bad the Padres are. They're awful.
The problem is that almost everyone misunderstands how bad the Phillies are.

Should I get The Show? I haven't had a baseball video game since Ken Griffey Jr Presents Major League Baseball.

The graphics look pretty shit for a 2016 game

Wait until next year or the year after when the overhaul of Road to the Show is finished.

>mascots

>ruin your era

*steals your rotation spot

is this thread for fantasy teams?

*throws beer can*

Let me honest here for a second...

Indians.

That's just rude

>implying he could crack the Jays rotation

hes better than sancheese

false

Hey guys, any good may mays that I may have missed? Also, does anyone here actually believe that Trout is better than Harper? Just wondering lol.

>he's better than the best pitcher in the AL last year

I don't think so Tim

Oh hi. Nah, none of these guys are funny.

He's better than the manlet desu

I agree with this post

>le 1 pitch man
>le give me 200 gorillian man

>in four days I'll be sitting down at an opening day game

What game?

Based Philly mandrama fans blowing the fuck out of the Mest.