I was thinking about building a new gaming PC...

I was thinking about building a new gaming PC, but now that consoles have finally caught up with PCs in the performance graphics department (they can do 4k), is it even worth the time and hassle to build a gaming PC anymore?

Should I build a new PC or just move to 4k console gaming?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/www.engadget.com/amp/2017/09/03/xbox-one-mouse-and-keyboard-games-due-soon/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Do you have any friends with consoles or PCs? I find my computer that I dropped a grand into last year was worth it only because all my buddies have PCs.

Only if it gets a three days grace edition.

Do you prefer plug and play and the simplicity of consoles but having to pay a shit ton for games or having the choice of customization, cheap game market and no fees for online gaming but having to pay a bit more for the equivalent of a console and having the hassle to find parts and actually build it?

i dont have friends.

i like easy but 4k. thinking aboout consoling from now on....

I'd chalk it up to 2 things.

1) Where are my friends playing the games that I will play?

2)Will the xbox one/X offer all the games I want to play?

Also consider the good thing with PC atleast is that microsoft titles are now being made for PC also so you will get a far wider range of playable games with PC.

Console might be the way then. The easy setup and I don't know if you know how to build PCs/care enough to build one might just be the route to go.

>caught up with pc performance

Fucking impossible to not be able to build a pc, rtfm and the sockets only fit at the right place. If you can't even build a pc you might as well kill yourself fucking faggot nigger.

Other than that PC is much more diverse. And that comes from someone who actually favors console but I'd still recommend PC to all the sheeple.

consoles have exclusives. PCs dont.

>now that consoles have finally caught up with PC
consoles used to be superior now theyre trash

>they can do 4k

boy no they cant
xbox games that can do 4k are game that were optimized and graphically lowered just so they could hit 4k with atleast 30 fps
the games that can hit 4k 60 fps are exclusives that were made especially for the xbox hardware

Fuck yeah a couple of exclusives vs x100000000 more games.

LMFAO
PC has about a thousand times more exclusives than consoles

The main issue with pc exclusive gaming is that people get way to into their performance and spend 1200 - 2300 dollars on a good rig, when in reality you don't need to spend that much to gain a good experience.
Splurge on good motherboard and processor to last you for at least 5 years, and just buy decent other components, the money you save buy a new gen console, and upgrade the components for the PC as you go through the life of the processor.

PC has so much exclusives they are not promoted as being ones anymore.

Only 5 replies? This thread should be bristling with suckers.

this

You're gonna get 4k 60 fps or downgraded graphics for 4k on console.
Make the smart decision OP. Invest in a PC. Its life span will last longer.

>boy no they cant
>the games that CAN hit 4k 60 fps

Yes but console games have been consistently terrible since after Halo 3. You pay $60 for the game and then they expect you to keep paying for upgrades and powerups, rewarding players who fork out more money for something they've already paid for.

>
Almost right. Spurge on a good GFX card, SSD and 16gb or ram (not really expensive now). After than an mid range proc (i5 8400 currently) and the cheapest mobo that has what you need to plug it all in together (bonus points if you don't plan on getting more drives etc and you can go cheaper again). Voila, cheap gameing PC.

If you have an old computer already, you have a monitor, kb, mouse, case. You MAY need a PSU if you havnt ever run a descent gfx card but if you have anything upward of 550-600w, you'll be fine unless you want to run crazy gfx setups.

Cheap gaming pc that runs very nicely.

Consoles are superior at this point given the cost of building a new PC. Especially if they can do 4k easy.

Get yourself a console OP, dont listen to the spergs.

You don't need that much memory for gaming ...

>not knowing that computer monitors run at a much, much higher resolution than TVs.
The concept is the same but the technology is different you know. And most decent graphics cards can run 4k easy.

True, true. Personal habit. Its cheap, and i have 2 big monitors so have a habit of runing way to many programs.

If we could get arena shooters and keyboard/mouse support for consoles I’d be content— but I’m Tired of missing out on those so a buddy and I are going to start ordering parts on black friday

nah, person you quoted is wrong, they can only do 4k at 30 and on lowest settings.

just because they can doesn't mean it's done well

the xbox does support mouse and keyboard...

It currently supports keyboard, not mouse.

google.com/amp/s/www.engadget.com/amp/2017/09/03/xbox-one-mouse-and-keyboard-games-due-soon/

okay, technically not yet

Paint the town red
Civilization 5 and 6
Postal 2 and postal paradise lost
Receiver
Jalopy
My summer car

This is just a few items off my library I know don't have console ports

I will not let comment go unappreciated.
Good job sir