God, what happened? This sucks so much it's unbelievable

God, what happened? This sucks so much it's unbelievable.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E55hWJFzaC8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

go away Anthony

Not the melon, just a disappointed LCD fan.

Are you serious?

89 on metacritic
87 on AOTY

but this apparently "sucks"

it's an absolute masterpiece

ties together so much of the past but is still forward thinking

but yea this sucks

dont @ me

DUDE FUCK DRUMPF

This is what happened.

OP here, sorry I meant to post this pic

God, what happened to Sup Forums? This post sucks so much it's unbelievable.

if anything he's too politically vague on this album, rather than taking a stance on anything. but yeah everything is about your god emperor

no you're not
fuck off

yeaah i'm going to just imagine this album never came out

lol nice try someone's butthurt daddy is getting impeached soon

I actually really liked the album user I've only listened to it once tho

I really liked the album but I'm going to call it shit to be contrarian xD I sure hope I don't get any (you)s because of it!

been listening to it on repeat, far better than This Is Happening imo
almost makes me forgive the whole retirement stunt

it's brilliant.

Agreed. Better than TIH and s/t, almost as good as SoS. How do you sleep? and Other Voices are phenomenal.

I really like it but I think it's being massively overrated right now and the hype will die down eventually.

I hope they just play the first two tracks when i see them

Pretty much every single song is just a worse version of one they've done before.

i don't think this is better than anything else they've done but i really dig a handful of trax, which makes it worth it imo. i really like i used to, how do you sleep, and tonite, even though it's more obvious than ever what he's ripping off (not that it matters really). the rest of it is kind of boring to me, but i can see this being an entry point for some kid into better music, like their old stuff was for me.

yeah sure...

Take it back

I don't hear the similarities between the songs you're comparing them with at all.

pic related was for this is happening, not the new album. the most obvious example on the new one is that tonite is pretty much blue monday, or emotional haircut sounding like no love lost. but like i said i don't think it matters either way

Okay, i'll admit similarities between a few, but I think the similarities are minimal and likely intentional knowing murphy's history. Some I don't see.

Oh Baby = Dream Baby Dream
Also Other Voices takes Rocket USA's synth

maybe the stuff I said is iffy, but the list for this is happening is pretty spot on, especially the jamaica running song and eisbar. I'm sure it is intentional but it can't be denied that a lot of this stuff is pretty much lifted from other people, composition-wise.
I don't think that lessens the artistic integrity or whatever though

Oh yeah the jamaica running one I can see, but it just seems like the basic part of it was lifted, and them LCD made it into something else, and added elements, Dance Yrself Clean is a lot more different as it goes along.

how do you sleep? = Flower of Romance
wtf I hate James Murphy now

how do you sleep is kino

youtube.com/watch?v=E55hWJFzaC8

am i the only one who liked the album, but thinks it needs more indietronica and less post punk?

I just can't bring myself to love it, at all. It feels like too much build-up with no payoff. I'm hoping they won't be playing too much off this on their coming tour, I'll be seeing them on the 23rd, ought to be a good show if they stick to their older material

>"metacritic decides what I like"