While you "political" people are out there fighting about race, gender...

while you "political" people are out there fighting about race, gender, sex and what not - technology already has assfucked the lot of you.
CRISPR (Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats) makes editing genomes unimaginably easy and cheap. it's nothing new basicly it's just what we were already able to do jujst way faster and safer.
if technology has more shit like CRISPR up it's sleeve who knows what the fuck is going to happen.
this is not a message of happiness i am afraid of the changes our future will bring.
algorithms able to calculate all aspects of your life in a fairly precise manner.
the pressure of competing with cyborgs and/or geneticly enhanced human beings for work or social status.
it feels like the depth of technology although it distinguishes us from every other complex organism, is the very thing that will rob us of our human identity.
since our political systems sucks ass for the most part our politicians are ass suckers. they won't protect us from the matrix and shit.
pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/V3h6t
archive.fo/a1lJ4
archive.fo/1aCOs
archive.fo/Bjsqs
archive.fo/HwxX6
archive.fo/lyvW0
archive.fo/HzquC
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just takes all the fun out of it like pressing all the juice out of an orange.

Good job.

replicants are not human. please stay where you are, assistance will be with you shortly.

maybe i am just retarded but people that are being looked down upon their whole life by most of "modern society" are most likely to stand up for us. i.e. christian fundamentalists or smelly hippies from greenpeace and peta.

>Exposed: How world leaders were duped into investing billions over manipulated global warming data
>archive.fo/V3h6t
>Whistle-Blower: ‘Global Warming’ Data Manipulated Before Paris Conference
>archive.fo/a1lJ4
>NOAA Attempts To Hide The Pause In Global Warming: The Most Disgraceful Cover-Up Since Climategate
>archive.fo/1aCOs
>Climate Change Hoax? NOAA Data Exaggerated Global Warming, Alleged Whistleblower Claims
>archive.fo/Bjsqs
>NOAA Scientists Falsify Data to Dupe World Leaders on Climate Change
>archive.fo/HwxX6
>Climate change: this is the worst scientific scandal of our generation
>archive.fo/lyvW0
>More Countries Caught Manipulating Their Climate Data
>archive.fo/HzquC

Biochemist here. CRISPR mutations are still decades behind being useful for humans as they can only alter a single gene at a time. it's mainly used to modify crops.

and i dont deny all those benefits we had form science. but that exaclty is the danger. it blurrs the line.
when i say i am against enhancing human intelligence people will ask me where my line is. do i want people to be treated with penicillin ? do i want every couple to have 6 children because 4 of them will die due to a weak immune system?
undeniably we have achieved great things and we live in the best of all times.
but the speed with which technology progresses leaves our fairly slowly evolving brains behind. (scientists think our intelligence doesn't differ much from that of humans in the stone age).
keep in mind back then the church and governments had time to discuss the possibility of darwin being right about "evolution" for many many decades. nowadays subjects with much higher impact on our life, economy and society as a whole are discussed within a fraction of the time.

CRISPR is not safe yet, it causes cancer in most subjects.

I feel the same as you for the most part though. We are advancing too quickly for our own good.

>technology assfucked the lot of you

man, real chicks are already being replaced by robots

we were fucked a long, long time ago and it had everything to do with the internet and nothing to do with politics

w/o the internet our society probably would still be trundling along at a half-acceptable pace, doing little damage. the internet put every dumb motherfucker with every other dumb motherfucker, so now any motherfucker who's dumb as piss doesn't ever need to admit it because they can get a touchy-feely support group. and now because they all have faggy support groups they all pop out of the woodwork now, acting proud of their idiocy.

'science' is pretending to 'advance' and 'conquer new frontiers', but really it's just setting up a lot of complexities that future societies won't have any idea how to handle, basically creating a top-heavy layer of requirement to advance things, on top of our quickly-rotting basis of shitty SJWs, idiot politicians and sham-centric journalists. everything's going to shit and we're scared that 'genome editing' is going to be fucking relevant as if there's going to be a notable population left on the planet in 100 years; we'll either be fucking retard apes again or just plain dead as fuck

we can barely get past fucking skin colour. skin colour, man, we can't even handle that and you're worried about science. the dumb fucking cunts inheriting the earth barely know the difference between your and you're. and you're worried about us even being on the same level as robotics. synthetic humanoids have just come out and they've already put brothels out of business and permanently condemned Japan to a fated doom thanks to weedpicker men and gold-digger women.

mate, if you wanted us to rally you're like ten fucking years too late. We were fucked long ago and they're still goin' at it and we're still dry

good good... stay in line with the rest of the sheeple

>technoLOGy

I have no faith in technology. I come from /x/ so I'm not of sound mind, preface. Here is why I lack faith.

We dont have aliens here on Earth or contacting us regularly according to basically all well known sources of research in this area.

We dont have time travelers coming back or contacting us regularly according to basically all well known sources of research in this area.

So from that we can deduce that not only do we has humans never invent time travel - so its either impossible or never happens.

Currently, theoretical physicists think it would be possible eventually, once we were sufficiently advanced enough to manage to amount of energy required.

So, no race, not even us, ever reaches time travel. No race, not even us, ever reaches wormhole travel.

So, since no race in the BILLIONS of years the universe has existed has ever developed time travel or wormhole use.

The only way for that to be statistically possible that NO RACE IN THE UNIVERSE ever develops these technologies is if they are truly impossible (we dont think they are) or if we all die out before getting there.

Based on all that we have to assume that the human race and ever other race that develops significant technology reaches a 'self destruct' or an 'awakening'.

Either we kill ourselves and wipe out our race or we (very unlikely) give up and renounce the pursuit of these advanced technologies.

Even functional immortality and "the matrix" style of reality buckle to this concept.

For example, if a race ever developed sufficient biological understanding to achieve immortality we should assume that without ever dying they would go on to develop other super tech, like wormhole use or even long distance space travel without age of the organisms doing the travel.

cont...

Most of politics is just a smokescreen to distract from the fact 90% of collective social changes observed in human societies over the last several thousands of years has been caused by technology.

>it feels like the depth of technology although it distinguishes us from every other complex organism, is the very thing that will rob us of our human identity.

I feel that if humanity is ever to become more than a few billion meatmonsters eating and fucking their way across one tiny little insignificant planet in the ass-end of nowhere, this is the very beginning of the technology we're gonna need. We're gonna need to change as a species. I don't know what we will eventually become, but I believe that future humanity won't be what living people today would call 'human'.

>preface with "i'm insane"
>continues to post

fucking this

>if you wanted us to rally you're like ten fucking years too late
i was a 15 year old kid with pussy on his mind 10 years ago.
all in all interesting opinion, tho i dont share the view that we will somehow "destroy" society by degenerating as a species or destroying us with nukes or the environment with pollution.
i think we will solve all those problems or rather the few percent of genius level scientists.
i think we will loose everything that makes us human. culture of family (which still exists despite what americans think - look at asians, slavs and arabs) is one example.

post screenshots of whatever content u linked faggot. i dont click that goofy stuff.

If a race ever reached a full understanding of physics and a high level of technology they should be capable of universe altering actions, especially the colonization of other planets for research and resources.

So we have to assume any race doing this is of 2 general positions. Friendly or hostile. If they're friendly they would come help us with perhaps clean energy tech, for example. Even barter with us for resources or ask for help learning our history and studying our planet.

If theyre hostile they would come to simply conquer and harvest what they desire from our planet, possibly even installing their own leadership or at least embassy on Earth to keep making sure they get what they want from us.

We have gold, we have water, we have resources that -as far as we know- are so rare that any race in the universe would realistically desire access to them, especially since our planet is already "terraformed" for life.

Life as we understand it requires certain things that Earth has in abundance! Nevermind the potential for scientific advancement that any other race would obviously consider a huge motivation for finding and exploring planets that ALREADY have an 'intelligent' civilization.

tl;dr No aliens? No time travelers? We're all gonna die soon. Not like, Tuesday but soon enough because we obviously never reach those discoveries.

I'll obviously admit I'm wrong if wormholes, time travel, or aliens are ever legitimately documented in my lifetime but I dont see how they ever could be, in theory.

>pic related.

Not that it matters, but it isn't. The 'ear' you see was implanted surgically for the purpose of growing cartilage.
No genetic engineering was involved.

Get outta here with your science.

>possibly even installing their own leadership or at least embassy on Earth to keep making sure they get what they want from us

possibly?

>culture of family

This is one of the more interesting examples. Probably in a few generations human reproduction will be strongly influenced, if not completely taken over, by AI's seeking to optimize human genetic potential. We can't be sure what route they will take because we can't even be sure what resources will be most important to AI's. Will they create slave labor races? A race of philosopher kings? Decadent Eloi? We can't be sure.

we lack energy tho. especially if you think from the standpoint of an advanced race who has dyson spheres and shit, harvesting the entire energy of a star. (most stars are much bigger than ours).
and imagine this: there are is an uncountable number of civilizations like ours, fighting tooth and nail to achieve progress and a very few "big players" who are bossing the multiverse since pretty much the beginning. it could take them a very long (galactic) amount of time to attack/message every last small civ and thats just if they actually want to do that and are not busy fighting each other.

the age of men is over. the time of the machines has come. pic related.

what was it anyways ?

click it you stupid nigger

make a screenshot how hard can it be faggot

People tend to mix their Biological,Logical,Ideological imperative this is why the Earth is a Shitshow!

>We can finally edit Africans to be as smart as Europeans

Will this solve everything?