How do we fix western animation, Sup Forums?

how do we fix western animation, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=gCCj78gFGAg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

make it less like that shitty asian anime

in terms of content, stop trying to appeal to "geek culture" or stop trying force humor out of nihilism.

in terms of style. dont just use the standard stationary sitcom framing of every shot, and have your characters always moving.

what's wrong with it? I just watched the most recent family guy had little to no complaints

Fire everyone currwntly involved in it, export the animation to gooks and hire nip writters. Make it anime 2.0

Family guy is lazy. Both in terms of writing and animation. I want to watch an animation not a slide show.

chausy alle

>hire nip writers
please don't
collaboration is what's needed. look at transformers

same with avatar the last airbender. that was a perfect mix

stop caring so much about animation

/thread

Send it to Asia to get worked on....oh wait they already do. Family guy and the Simpson's get sent to korea for a lot of the work

there's nothing to fix asshole. They're mostly fine.
Fuck you all hipsters.

Mainstream is beyond saving in most artistic professions in the West. The smaller studios usually pump out the most original and interesting work instead of pandering to the lowest common denominator. The West has truly become lethargic as the once Kings of animation in the 70s and 80s. It has made the mistake too many empires have in the past and is starting to pay a price for it.

you mean vs anime that all looks the fucking same?

Fix western culture. Western animation used to be better, if less pretty but today it is half assed garbage. Just like music and television it is suffering the loss of care and thought. Family Guy is a prime example. It started as an alternative show with new takes on humor, but after so many seasons, they not only don't care about the show anymore, they make it a point to let you know they don't care. Before, people wouldn't stand for such behavior. They would quit watching. The show would get cancelled and people would move on. Today people are so fucking vapid they watch it anyway and even praise it. Creators of new content capitalize on this by pushing the envelope of how many episodes can be churned out with zero fucks given. Our entire culture is in a downward spiral. No one has any respect for us anymore and I don't think they should.

Shitty primetime shows by shitty hacks, shitty trash music by shitty divas, shitty pretentious "artists" thinking their watercolour vomit has any value to humanity, shitty publishers pushing shitty microtransactions in shitty single player games, why does the west have to be the scourge of everything?

Um Western animation is already fixed. Its called Rick and Morty but I guess you faggots are too retarded to understand that show anyway.

Well, to be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty...

You'll never fathom the depths and layers to the labyrinthine masterpiece that is MLP, pleb.

look I know these are b8 but can we are least debate them
>googly eyes
>limited animation
>episodic

Captain Family Guy is a cool guy

You know, I’m actually digging that show.

Holy shit this retard really ripped off the entire Star Trek series, he really is a hack.

You give this guy some money to make a show and the problem fixes itself.

Isn't R&M animated by Koreans?
did you come up with that yourself you funny man

The truth behind the R&M "to be fair" meme is that it's actually a good show. It's not the greatest show ever, but it's nowhere near as insufferable as Big Bang Theory.

OK, you post Seth so we're supposed to associate western animation with Family Guy? OK. What about Zootopia? Kids story, but aside from that, the animation is top notch. Compare to ~any~ Japanimation and western wins.

>zootopia
kek

>zootopia

OK, I have kids. Some movies are not by choice. Point stands. Better animation than jap shit.

I'm not denying that it was good, it's just a movie made by a multi billion dollar company

Kill all jews?

As opposed to what? A movie made by a failing company with a budget of 3.50?

My nigga

...and? Point still stands. Western animation is better.

Bring back story telling shows

Someone didn't watched the show or don't like Star Trek?

Regardless The Orville is still better than Star Trek Discovery.

Not The Next Generation

Seth MacFarlane needs to stick to vpice overs, he's a shitty actor.

A show from 30 years ago? OK. Let's never do any sci fi TV again because newfriend here can't get out of the past.

yes. EVEN TNG. God its so fucking old and dated with tons of cringeworthy jokes its not even funny. Sir Patrick couldn't save this 80s turd.

"Sir Patrick" will be in an upcoming episode.

Yes but he's accommodated with good actor so him being bad kinda make up for it

Assign all of it to Chipmunk Cheekz MacGilivary over here.......

Well shit just because it's a old book cover doesn't it mean it's not a bad story.

This

I'm sick and tired of adult cartoons shoving this nihilistic "Life is meaningless/love is nothing but a chemical reaction that encourages us to reproduce and die" bullshit down our throats. If I wanted to hear edgy garbage, I'd go to any middle school and pay some teenagers to entertain me with their thoughts.

All this nihilistic humor does is create more pretentious know-it-all cringetards like the Rick & Morty fanbase. We don't need more of that cancer.

So, once the best book ever has been written, we stop writing? Try thinking these things through.

So Seth MacFarlane is "Chipmunk Cheekz MacGilivary" now?

I want my 31-charisma actor playing good leader rolls again

YOU CAN'T /THREAD/ YOUR OWN THREAD! FUCK OOOOOOFF!! HOPE YOU GET INVOLVED IN A SERIOUS ACCIDENT THAT LEAVES YOU PARAPLEGIC! Fucking piece of shit.... Fuck you... Motherfucker

Funny thing is, first thing I saw him in was Excalibur. That movie was made 40 years ago. He looks maybe 10 years younger. I guess when you reach max level, you stay there.

His mum is Ann Sager, a Jew. Therefore Seth is a Crypto-jew at best and with his maternal jew lineage, an ethnic jew by Israeli standards which explains why the fuck he's so propped up in the entertainment industry. I mean, you'd have to be a Jew.....

He is the man. Goddam it, I love the old and new Ren & Stimpy. Was crude and funny

i dunno mayn. you should check out that anime called nichijou ;))))))))))) p good animation if i do say so m'self

I can't think of a single adult cartoon that has that ideal other than Rick and Morty. Which if you want to bash Rick and Morty just whip your fucking dick out and do it stop being a pussy

Its not as cheesy as anime

>what is homage

OP is gay

honestly, anything seth mcfarlaineenenene is the ford taurus of comedy. kill him and we will kek once again.

>what is a spoiled jew making his rip-off tribute into a profitable vanity show thats all about him being the hero
what is fuck off dude

So edgy, I cut myself.

Well then keep reading it with your neck.....

you take that back or I'm gonna give your mother AIDS

Give AIDS? What are you some kind of medical jew with a vaccine?

fcfarlandndndndnd does to comedy what wienstein does to hollywood.

It simply isn't possible, user. Here, have a bonbon to cope.

You're goddamn right I am

Yeah, Pulp Fiction sucked ass.

Better question to ask is, why would the left suddenly turn on all these liberal Hollywood people who've been giving them bags of money for all these years. FFS, they've been supporting Roman Polanski for decades and he's a confirmed pedophile rapist.

Same user who posted his pic. He really could have been the Seth MacFarlane of his time had Nickelodeon not fucked him over and basically took over his show. He had arguably the greatest voice actor since Mel Blanc (Billy West) working with him too and I'd love to see what could have been.

R&S was the most ripped off cartoon of all time.

IDK how we fix animation but we def. don't need Macfarland getting into live action and troping the fuck out of it too.

We don't.

People like Seth rule for a very short while then it all will end and they will burn.

i don't care, the left eat each other up when it's time for the sacrifice. they're like the mayans. fucking savage.

seth mcfarlane is shit. chances are he's the one that started this thread for his next shit show.

retards on Sup Forums saying something over and over and over again doesn't confirm shit

Stop doing it for like 10 years. Then come back to it once you've had some time to give it some thought.

also… checked.

Since Star Trek isn't really anything like Star Trek, and this show is like Star Trek even though it's not Star Trek, the combination of the two of them makes me feel like I'm getting my Star Trek.

Yeah, family guy is almost 19 years old. Dude's had 3 movies and 4 TV shows. This, to you, is a "short time"?

SHUT IT DOWN
THE MASSES KNOW

Hire artists to be artists, not programmers.

Correction- 5 shows... the new Cosmos was his, too. Didn't like it, but it happened.

seth, you cock sucking mongrel… no one'd give a fuck if you're hanging out with Sup Forums.

Direct it like this:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gCCj78gFGAg

alright you faggot, you want to know how to fix it? stop sending animation to japan and stop using computer animation. fucking faggot.

>the birds...
fucking got me

>seth mcfarlane is shit.

It's not so much that he's shit as much as he's just insanely derivative. John K borrowed from the past when he did Ren and Stimpy but he took his influences and made something completely unique. MacFarlane hasn't innovated shit, he's just rehashed proven formulas.

bring back deep space 69

>derivative
Ah yes, the Jewish ringmaster's forte.....

>literally capitalism eating the world

>zootopia
2D > 3D

Family guy was a direct copy of the simpsons, but with even dumber humor. That it's lasted 19 years tells you what the studio thinks of its audiences.

i have to agree. FcMarlane is no better than Ed Shareen copying TLC.

That looks tucking awesome.

The Simpsons was a direct copy of Wait Till Your Father Gets Home... your point?

>how do we fix western animation, Sup Forums?

Write and animate something better than what is currently available. You let us know when it's airing. Until then I'm going to continue to enjoy what's currently on.
>You gotta lick my balls Marty!

ayyyy it'd get Haim Saban out of the picture at least

>failing to treat my sentimental feels as physical reality is edgy
Stick with rom-coms, Tom.

To be fair, The Simpsons has lasted longer still.

Ain't nothing wrong with it, Negro.

I hate Family Guy with such a passion. More than half the "jokes" are just "omg remember (insert game/toy/product) from the (80's/90's)!" Most of the time there isn't even a joke. It's literally just a reference to something the shit writers know people will remember and "relate to."

The sight gag is Family Guys one-trick-pony. And even that was nicked from other shows doing it at the time. There's nothing original or well done about FG, which is, as I understand it, Seths opinion of it as well, and why he was eager to be done with it any number of times over the years.