/obscure/ - thread for Avant-Math Fag of Sup Forums

Since Avant-Math Fag of Sup Forums has expressed his wish for Sup Forums to become elitist and start discussing obscure music again, this thread will serve for you to post and discuss your most obscure, elitist musical acts that are rather unknown but you found them to be mind-blowingly good.

NO Sup ForumsCORE ALBUMS ALLOWED
NO WELL-KNOWN NORMIE MUSICIANS ALLOWED

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3qoqGtjTKhg
youtube.com/watch?v=rfZQOVwj1ME
youtube.com/watch?v=qUgrziutPKw
youtube.com/watch?v=Ik7w6lKO5C4
youtube.com/watch?v=inzoL0NDsm0
youtube.com/watch?v=KYKqqCFB_VY
youtube.com/watch?v=AA1e255zVow
youtube.com/watch?v=szJnljSFhMw
youtube.com/watch?v=1baOxLwccB8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Has anyone ever heard this album? Really obscure hidden gem.

posting my chart

Find them yourself.

I don't recognize a single thing

Out to Lunch is Sup Forumscore

Listening to music just because it's "obscure" is fucking retarded.

Explain that to that tripfag

>this thread will serve for you to post and discuss your most obscure, elitist musical acts that are rather unknown but you found them to be mind-blowingly good
Slot Machine Field Recordings!
youtube.com/watch?v=3qoqGtjTKhg
This stuff is hypnotizing.

Listening to music just because it's "popular" is fucking retarded as well (which is over 90% of Sup Forums).

>Avant
>him

I don't listen to a lot of obscure stuff, here is something cool from my country:
youtube.com/watch?v=rfZQOVwj1ME

It's about incestuous rape (father raping his 4 year old daughter) pretty chilling if you understand the lyrics, I think it's good even if you don't.

This is actually really really cool, I love stuff like that.

>aaliyah
>van morrison
>fugazi
>the byrds

No one's listening to music just because it's obscure, though.

>this thread will serve for you to post and discuss your most obscure, elitist musical acts that are rather unknown

Just talk about music and if it happens to be obscure to someone they could listen to it. Stop wearing it like a badge like an insecure 12 year old.

Besides, obscurity is relative.

ever heard of this guy ?

I'm not listening to music because it's obscure. I just posted music that I liked that happened to be relatively obscure (as in, not Sup Forumscore nor normiecore).

Oh shit, I read a review of this in The Wire years ago. I could never remember what it was.

get out of Sup Forums

The Wire is a great magazine. I actually happened to find a pack with around 100 issues from it.

Why?

If obscurity is the only criteria, anyone can satisfy that by going to open mic nights or digging up random soundcloud or bandcamp shit that no one cares about. You might even be the very first person to listen to it.

It should be totally obvious that obscurity itself isn't really the point.

Is Sup Forums only for children and nazis now?

It's literally fucking called /obscure/

What's exactly wrong about encouraging people to discover more music rather than constantly discussing Sup Forums-core?

If you're not picking up on the fact that it's also implicitly good, interesting and underappreciated (and thus worth listening to whether or not it's obscure), then you're dense as fuck. There are undoubtedly innumerable butt rock bands more obscure than anything that would be discussed here. But they're not being talked about, are they? Why do you think that is?

youtube.com/watch?v=qUgrziutPKw

i love this album and all of his works

This board is dead. There's no point in doing any of that.

Alright /obscure/, here's a great compilation for you guys to check out, filled with obscure japanese artists, and obscure gastr del sol track, and obscure avant garde musicians. I'm glad someone finally uploaded the entire thing to youtube because I couldn't be bothered doing it myself.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ik7w6lKO5C4

>Transfiguration of Blind Joe Death
I love Fahey but I've always felt this particular album is a bit overrated.

Nothing really, though some people don't want to. Which is also fine. I think it's good for people that are really interested in learning more about music to try and go out of their comfort zone. A lot of people are interested, but take no steps to try and find stuff on their own.

youtube.com/watch?v=inzoL0NDsm0

Posting this awesome power pop/folk rock album from a toronto band that I found in my dads cd collection for some reason. Nothing too challenging but if you like good melodies and clever lyrics, this thing is for you.

Eric Vann - Water World

youtube.com/watch?v=KYKqqCFB_VY

Eric Vann is an alias of Joel Vandroogenbroek. It's kind of like Biologia Marina but much more synth based, mysterious, and better produced. Highly recommended

any good happy dj mixes recommendations of either "edm" or "r&b"?

I'm going to be posting this album until the world knows of its existance.

youtube.com/watch?v=AA1e255zVow

>until the world knows
>984 views
It's going to be a long journey

Does anyone got any really brilliant experimental shit with good lyrics? A good rhyme scheme, good singing, thoughtful lyrics that actually mean something and not fuckin, SEE IN THE DISTANCE IN THE SPAN OF DREAMS TO SLEEP IN THE BIRTH OF THE WIND AND FLY IN THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF YOUR MIND, bullshit-ass hipsters trying to be profound. But, the more unusual and visceral the sound the better.

I recommend Controlled Bleeding - Songs from the Ashes, I was surprised when I first found this group because they seemed to be just a couple of punks that did (pretty good) harsh noise stuff, but with this they proved how profound and careful they can be with their music, I haven't listened to their lyrics though just because they're hard to distinguish and I haven't found written lyrics for the album anywhere on the internet. My only complaint about the album is that The Vigil could've ended better than with a fadeout, Germany could've been a little longer or that midi sound could've been used on at least one other track to add some pattern, and this version of In Drowning Hands is inferior to the version on a previous album of theirs, Music From the Scourging Ground.
Give this shit a listen, it's on Spotify I think.

I've got 3 terabytes of 60's pre-ambient
800 gigs of live recordings of this local band called the fuckerfucks. They played only 2 shows before breaking up but I had 11 redundant recording rigs all recording flac which I then layered over one another for 25,000 kbps bitrate.
8 terabytes of the beatles. No not THOSE beatles, the new beatles. They haven't recorded an album yet and technically they're not really a band yet but they're indie-gospel-post-funk-punk style is going to be huge when you guys hear their stuff in about 5 years.
4 petabytes of the Ethiopian Free Jazz wave that occurred in 1973 in a town called Wenji Gefersi.
18 terabytes of sound check recordings from the mid 90's band LFO. They only scored a hit with "I like girls (who wear abercrombie and fitch)" but they were way ahead of their time.
That's just my C drive. I have 41 drives.

itt pleb stories:

>chilling with friends
>put morton feldman's second string quartet
>confront myself and my self (as an ontological historical entity) with the mirror of atonality (as a mirror is not an empathic but a reflexive entity, alien to the space and time it reflects and only existing by itself in relation to the other) and realize the boundaries of human thought, comprehension and consciousness
>reach rational ecstasy
>pleb friend gets up and says "what is this silence shit, lmao, put some nirvana"
>get angry at their rockist subaltern consumption conditioned by the structures of power of the imperialist white economies, but contain it
>calm myself down by remembering quotes from finnegans wake, my favorite book since i was a teenager
>mfw can't express myself because i'm a spectator in the society of spectacle

"It is not the slumber of reason which engenders monsters, but vigilant and insomniac rationality. - Gilles Deleuze" - ~Astigmata

is this copypasta? if not please upload that shit nigga

I'm on it. 0.001% uploaded so far.

Igne Natura Renovatum Integra

Russian industrial black metal low-fi sound collage

youtube.com/watch?v=szJnljSFhMw

bump

How about getting really into one genre and trying to listen to anything you can get your hands on that falls within that genre? That's generally my method of finding and listening to "obscure" music.

Oh wow, you've got the Warumpi band! Years ago an Oz mate played this for me.

Let the thread tell me why this isn't now your GOAT single!

youtube.com/watch?v=1baOxLwccB8

What do you guys mean by "Normies"?? Every normie friend I got haven't listen to at least 1 of the Sup Forumscore chart or even finish a full album.
Also cool thread I guess

why should we give a fuck what avant fag says. i hate that guy