Is public humiliation a more effective punishment than imprisonment?

Is public humiliation a more effective punishment than imprisonment?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PwmWGDDJpd0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cruel and unusual punishment

For less severe crimes definitely

how is that cruel and unusual?

this

here's how it should be
>commit crime
>get caught
>3 nights in shitty shared cell (rape more than likely)
>1 day of public humiliation
>public flogging with horse whips
>depending on crime jail after that or let go.

Generally those without the shame to commit a crime could possibly have the same tolerance or lack of shame when it came to the public humiliation they might receive if that was the punishment for the crime they committed.

My lawyer shlomo said it was

because that woman is dirt poor and Wal-Mart is immoral cancer

if she stole from a locally owned small business I wouldn't have a problem with it

that's a woman?

Nobody should be subject to witnessing that mullet

Crimes I'm willing to commit generally aren't sources of shame for me.
You'd have to lock me up in stocks and throw rotten vegetables at me to make me feel humiliated for pirating a movie or smoking a joint

>Wal-Mart is immoral

Yes. kids killed themselves because they were humiliated on social medias

For petty crimes, yes.

Poo in pantaLOOns

rekt

man youd have to be a useless faggot to get caught stealing by a minimum wage worker. I steal about 4 times a week, literally in front of the staff at coles. theyre either too scared to say anything, dont give a fuck, and more than likely they just dont notice if you do everything with the confidence of someone who looks like theyre doing everything by the book. its the idiots that get all flustered who get all bustered.

Social ostracism is a far more powerful tool than rule of law. If your friends and relatives won't talk or interact with you because you're a dirty thief then you're highly unlikely to do it again

Jews and niggers generally have no shame, so no.

Only if your general population has shame. If it does, then yes.

good, that will cut down on our electricity bill.

try again.

then it doesn't matter what kind of punishment you give them, they're going to commit the crime again when the're let loose, might as well use them as a deterrent to others.

see
>because that woman is dirt poor
ironically your issue with humiliation is also the best reason for it. If they're dirt poor, and its a minor crime, then your options are
A. give a fine they can't pay
B. give them jail time for inconsequential shit that wastes more tax dollars than what was likely stolen

You could instead do community service, but that usually just pisses people off. A lot of anons here are saying they'd take no shame in the crime, thus no shame in this punishment, but I guarantee you if you put them in this situation they'd rather be digging a ditch instead of having to face crowds of people knowing exactly what crime they committed, as well as the likelihood of meeting someone you know while doing this.

they're obviously weak and useless. good riddance.

Cruel and unusual is basically just a subjective opinion at this point. Very few decisions have been made on actual, empirical psychological studies to determine effects.

...well that's kind of the point.

Well his image implies you'd be wearing a sign and standing around.

>im so much better than these failed thieves
Youre still both useless niggers if you steal.

Is not cruel if it's just a few hours.
And if more people did it, then it wouldn't be unusual.
So what else?

sure

What does Sup Forums think about this?

youtu.be/PwmWGDDJpd0

A woman in Mexico's city metro caught a guy who was touching her

i dont nick anything from independent stores or individuals but youre a cuck if you dont steal from large companies on the reg.

I would give that guy a high five

Is rape humiliating?

That would require too much police. You'd just have a daily "shame plaza" where you get put in the stocks for a day or two in the center of town. Much easier on logistics.

Sure, it sounds like a good spectacle. But remember that it would mostly be guys getting fucked up there, and that's less fun to watch. Maybe if you had a woman fucking him with a strap on, that would be more humiliating any drawin in a slightly larger crowd thanks to pegging enthusiasts.

Doesn't work in slav countries.

>pillories
Truly the thinking-man's fetish

no, forced labor is

She didn't do nuffin she a gud girl.

Instead of punishing her, we need more money for community programs and shit.