I just accidentally overclocked my cpu (i5-7300hq) from 2.5ghz to 3...

i just accidentally overclocked my cpu (i5-7300hq) from 2.5ghz to 3.2 ghz with the intel extreme utility (i'm new on this) but i want to reset the setting because is very unstable, but i don't know how to, can /b help me please?
pic related

If it isn't booting, remove all power and then disconnect the etc battery on the motherboard. Let it sit for a minute to let all power drain. If you have a reset CMOS jumper, put that in place. Replace the battery and boot it up. This procedure will clear all BIOS/UEFI settings to default, BTW. If none of this applies because it's a laptop, good luck. If you can boot, there should be a reset to defaults button somewhere in XTU.

Delete system 32

Fuck. Should say RTC battery.

Dont flood the flux modulator you might overload the basal thermometer and cause a fibrillation malfunction

From the screenshot you provided, nothing looks out of whack with the controls. Did you change something on another screen?

he didnt overclock in bios so it should boot. the intel utility can only boost the clock speed after windows starts up. so just boot and turn the clock speed down. trust me, this happened to me last year when i overclocked my pentium m 1.4

You need to add more fuel into the Flux capacitor

This. Helpful user is surprising with fpbp

no, just installed XTU, reboot the laptop and when i opened the app it was already overclocked

gonna try this

Look under the profiles and see if there's one called something like "standard" or under clocked. If all else fails, just uninstall XTU since it's probably what's doing the over clocking like said.

Don't do this

You don't have to reset your entire bios just because you fucked up some OC settings

Im getting my gaming rig soon, dont most motherboards now let u overclock in bios? What are essential programs to tweak around settings?

He would if it wasn't booting, which was explained in the post.

Depends on what the chipset let's you do, not the motherboard per se. Make sure the chipset that's on the motherboard in combination with the CPU let's you do it. I can only speak for Intel chipset, but XTU like what OP is fucking with is a good start.

The system is unstable but can you get into the bios?

just got on bios, and it doesn't have the cpu configuration

you dont need to touch bios.... the tuner app only loads the overclocked presets AFTER the comp boots. literally just turn the cpu core clock speed down lol.

Then I'd reset the bios with the jumper or remove the battery and let the power drain out like said above... I've never seen anything where you can't access the cpu settings in the bios.

I think you should try posting on instead.

Do you do this after the is boots?

Yes, in XTU

I'm not op but if the system is unstable and the o's doesn't boot what then? Just curious

Nice troll, max turbo is set to 3.5, idjit, think people wouldnt see that? Clock is not clocked to 3.5.....

the system will ALWAYS boot because using an app isnt a true overclock. it just adjusts turbo speeds post boot. the only way it wouldnt boot is if something fried

Since CPU settings aren't available in his BIOS, the last resort would be to reset it to defaults using the methods described above. But, that would only work if the original OC settings had been made in the BIOS or if the OS had modified the EFI variables at runtime to set them to overclock.

you have to delete system 32...trust me system 32 is like a built in firwall preventing it...your welcome

>the advertised turbo speed isn't stable
cuck