Why does it seem like Sup Forums hate thier dads so much?

Why does it seem like Sup Forums hate thier dads so much?

Who here actually has a dad you talk to and is really a dad?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/saxon_casi/spectral-shimmer-slowed
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

soundcloud.com/saxon_casi/spectral-shimmer-slowed

I love my dad, he is a literal saint. Comes from
El salvador, waited years to get in legally. Family was dirt poor so didnt have 1 dollar in pocket. He comes and works and works and makes friends. He works as a gardener for some white dude. Learns everything he can. Takes classes at community and learns english. Meets my future mother. He is thin, but a hard worker and good man. Had nobody, and after some time convinces my mother to date him. He meets her family and they hate him. They are mexicans and they think he is a worthless loser. Mother says multiple times she could do better. She was young, her sisters dating college graduates. He is a devoted man and works hard and saved everything. Family
Begins to treat him better. Sends money every day back to family, eats once every 2 days. Gets married at 22, helps anyone he can. He pays for my mothers education all the way to masters. Starts his own business, saves everything he can. They buy a house, they use that to invest. They spend 6-8 years together then have 1st child, i am middle. They buy more and more houses. We now have 6 homes and a few rental properties. Out of all of her entire family he is the richest in home and wealth. He treats those who resented him and still do with respect and kindness. He loaned cash to anyone who asked. He pays for grandparents who resented him, his own parents. He goes to mexico and el salvador and helps build and give money to those who need or deserve it. Trust me we are not rich, but we save and make due and now have everything. We dont smoke, do drugs so we dont disappoint him. His body is damaged from the decades of manual labor he has done, but he keeps working. Older brother is a electrical engineer. I am a medical student aiming to be a surgeon. Younger is still deciding something medical. I love my father since he has done anything for me and my family. He even said he would sell everything for us. He may give me a house when i graduate. I love him.

I pray to god to be at least half the man he is. He truly is a saint, he tried his best to be a good man, he loves everyone even those who wrong him. I dont think i could ever be that generous

this is my dad.he is awesome

We hate our mothers

I dont hate my mother but she made life challenging for my father. But she is a good women

Julian?

his real name is John Paul

What about all the wincest stuff?

I'm high af and read your whole post... Cool Bro..

My dad was a great dad and a good guy, for the type of person he was. You know, the type that should never be entrusted with money, the care of kids, facts, expensive things, property, etc... a poor mans' charlatan and part time bully.
Discipline. He was overboard. I was 8 when I graduated to the belt buckle (turn around the belt, hit with buckle), 9 when I graduated to it involving the bitch-smack (knock you over kind), 10 when I graduated to the back-hand, 12 when I graduated to the clenched fist with real ass kicking. Silver lining, I can really take a punch. I've won fights where I was beaten into hamburger and the larger guy, barely touched, ran away hurting and afraid.
We moved an average of every 6 months because of all the bridges he would burn locally and-or yet another CPS investigation.
I was beaten to within an inch of my life for "seducing" my child-molesting uncle. Apparently, seducing is having an adult overpower you.
If I got into a fight in school, I was beaten for starting the fight and-or losing the fight. The only way out on that is to not start fights and if the other guy started it, I was not allowed to lose.
I was repeatedly ripped off by him during my adult life. Even the few times I feel on hard times I had to move back in with him. Move in with dad with a few possessions, move out with clothes that don't fit him.
You know what it took for him to stop beating me? When I was 14, he swung on me. I was taking Karate at the time. I blocked by reflex. I saw how mad he was and knew he would sneak attack me later, so I lowered my guard and let him beat the living hell out of me. He stopped paying for my lessons but never raised a fist at me again.
Okay, I'll sum up. I forgave him for more than I can ever count and I used to think a lot of what he did was normal.
Last thing he did to me? He ripped off a tri-state drug dealer, one who wants to kill his family to make a point. He stole my identity at the time and ran off. This is a sum-up.

Grew up without a father, he lives in the same town just doesn't care. Don't resent or hate him though. He's not a good person so I'm glad he didn't raise me but growing up without a father fucked me up.

Because my dad is an egotistical self-centered narcissist who smokes and gambles.

I mean even Austin Powers had dad issues

I grew up with just my dad, as my mother was basically a drunk crack whore (and still is). My dad was young and a bit crazy, but my mother leaving was probably the best thing that could have happened so I didn't grow up with her drunk abusive ass the way some of her other kids had to later.

My dad certainly isn't perfect, but I definitely still talk to and love him. He was a bit of a hard-ass when I was little having just gotten out of the military, but he did pretty well for us overall.

Is what ways did it fuck you up?

My father was an abusive alcoholic who sodomized my brother and sister and gave them both chlamydia. I would have been sexually molested as well but I was only six months old when my mother took the kids and ran; too young to embugger.

Since he was a deadbeat dad who went into hiding after the abuse was discovered, we grew up on welfare. That wasn't fun but it wasn't so bad. Even when we were homeless for a while, it wasn't as bad as it could have been. What sucks is never having any sort of guidance or support (financial, emotional, etc) growing up. I never had any positive male role models and it's kind of a shame. I'm glad I didn't have to be raised by my piece of shit biological father but having any kind of guidance or encouragement would have really helped a lot. My mother was an 8th grade drop out, so she wasn't a lot of help when it came to useful life advice or planning for the future.

1. Are you still poor?

2. Where is he now? Last time u saw him?

3. Why didn't he pay child support

4. I'm high af any more intriguing info

Afraid of abandonment which have made me stay in very bad relationships and just the things that I had to learn myself growing up which I always thought you'd have your father teach you; like shaving, tying a tie, dating advice.

Maybe I'm having an unrealistic picture of how it is to have a father but it always felt like something was missing.

1. Yes. Well, it depends on your definition of poverty but I'm poor by western standards.
2. My sister found his profile on Facebook. We thought he was dead because there was an obituary for someone with his name but it was someone else (we think).
3. He went into hiding for many years and my mother was afraid to track him down because he almost killed her on multiple occasions. The last time they spoke, he promised to kill her and kidnap my sister (so he could keep molesting her, obv).
4. My father was a psychopath and I suspect he inherited his psychopath genes from his father. You see, my paternal grandfather was an unidentified rapist who raped a 13 year old retarded girl. She became pregnant and eventually gave birth to my father. My sister seems to have inherited the lion's share of alcoholic/psychopath genes from him. She's now a homeless prostitute and criminal who robs anyone who reaches out to help her. She got kicked out of rehab for drinking mouth wash a while back.

Damn I ask because I'm the same... I feel the same about abandonment in relationships which made me come off as too needy or desperate and ruined many relationships.

I grew up without a father too..

My first stepdad gradually stopped caring because of his addiction to video games. Then my mom wanted divorce and he tried to kill himself. My family excluding him fled to Florid, where my mom was and is in a relationship with my second stepdad.
He gaslights all of us. Not me, because I escaped to Colorado. But he twists what we say and makes us sound insane and doubt ourselves. He has called me a demon, an "it", and taken valuable things like my dog's ashes away from me. As well as cutting me off from people I know and care about, and removing all forms of mental stimuli from me.
That part of my family had to give away most of our pets recently as well because of the hurricane.
I now live with my real dad, my stepmom, and my younger brother, but I am so mentally damaged I do not understand how to live in a proper family environment, as I have severe anxiety, depression, and PTSD.
I still feel like I'm supposed to be back there being told I'm worthless. That I'm a bad child. Sometimes I scream at my family to please please send me back and let me live there again, but I don't really understand why.

Damn what a fucked up family.... You seem like the only sane one. Don't go into thier ways.

I don't hate him but I dislike living with him

You sound young... When you get older it'll all change for the better.. You'll learn to not give a fuck. Go to the gym and get on a diet too it helps.

Why... What's bothering you about him in the house?

>Damn what a fucked up family....
That's just the tip of the iceberg, user.

>You seem like the only sane one. Don't go into thier ways.
Eh, I'm not that sane. I'd describe myself as the walking wounded. Growing up in a super dysfunctional white trash environment definitely scarred me. I have serious issues now about being around people and letting my guard down. But at least I know I'll never be anything like the really fucked up people who victimize others.

If you acknowledge it and try to work on it from there it might get better. I've talked to therapists a lot but it's basically free here. My neediness and clingyness has become better by the years.

I envy you fags, mine just don't interact with me at all. One day , I look back and realised i never had a single memory of this man who is my dad. Hes a hard worker, but that's it. All I remember of him is he walk out of the door early in the day and come back late. I know nothing of him and he knows nothing of me. he just there, but not there. Fucking sad when I talked with blokes his age through MMO games, and they talk with me things that my dad was suppose to be the one who does that. When I confront him abt it hes like so what? what do you want?
Suck when you have to carry a void that you can't fill it yourself.
I lived with him for 17 years, and not single memory, no pictures, no presents, no birthday, no christmas, no new year he wasn't there at any of my graduations, all 3 of it.
It's just so empty now that our relationship settle with him giving me cash, it makes him feels like he doing something, It seems like the only thing he understand make money and give money. The guy just have zero concept of how to show people that he cares.
its worse when I'm slowly seeing myself turning into him, I don't know how to love

lol... you didn't read my entire post. I'm the 2nd one. You read the 1st sentence. I envy the relationship you had with yours.

I had a great dad. Hell of a guy. Good at math, loved my mother and I, tried his best to raise me right. Also stripped a watermelon patch in Panama clean with his platoon when the 82nd Airborne landed there in either the 70s or 80s.

I wish I could have him back. My mother and I have never been really close. I've been emotionally crippled without his support ever since he died. I loved him.

"The last time they spoke, he promised to kill her and kidnap my sister (so he could keep molesting her, obv)."

Is it bad that I burst out laughing after reading that?

I never knew my biological father, but when I was 8 my mom married the man I now call Dad. He was never really affectionate and he never taught me about what it is to be a man but even now if I need anything he is there.

My dad was okay. A guy who likes to put on a show and be the humorous centre of attention, but after a while you realise it's just narcissistic, and he'll listen only if you make him, and after a while you stop bothering. He went through a real needy stage, and after a few more of these I realised it was only ever going to a 1 way street, at the end of the day your father is just guy, just as fallible as any other guy. And to be a man yourself you've got to surpass him. To be a father yourself, your son will need to surpass you. But your job is to set a high bar.

STFU faggot

>dad you talk to and is really a dad