Why does it take 17 people to write a 3 minute song?

Why does it take 17 people to write a 3 minute song?

>what's sampling grandpa?

that's the only way these niggas get paid
people aren't rushing out to buy Theodore Livingston's albums

>it's an accepted method of stealing songs, boy

>only one track was written and produced solely by Kanye West
>it's a 44 second acapella titled "I Love Kanye"

Something musicians too lazy to make their own music rely upon very often.

At what point do you stop saying "I made this"?

HOLY FUCK
KANYE FANS BTFO FOR FUCKING EVER

the samples with famous for example would only add 6 writers, so why does it take 11 people to "write" a 3 minute song?

we could get philosophical and discuss where the initial spark of creativity comes from and whether anything can truly be unique or orignal

Yeah... if there was a creative spark to begin with.

probably a sheer lack of talent

it's pretty widely known that kanye will basically hand out writing credits and give em to anyone who's in the room as he makes the song

>Music is inherently bad if multiple people have writing credits
>Everyone who has writing credits automatically played a huge part in the creation of the song
>The amount of writers has any sort of impact on the quality of music

Sure smells like a lot of assumptions in here!

anyone who's in the studio while its being recorded is counted as a writer or someone who contributed

>>Music is inherently bad if multiple people have writing credits

Everything is bad when put together by a committee.

Poptamists should fucking end themselves

I often feel something similar about Belle & Sebastian. Does B&S really need that many people at any given time?

Hip-hop artists have a lack of talent. That's why.

lol this guy doesnt feel the spark

Kanye is the only artistthat can get away with this. Kendrick is drowned in TPAB and DAMN. Beyonce is a manufactured product who they are trying to pass off as an artist by adding more producers. Kanye's ego is so strong that no matter who or how many he collaborates with his vision still comes through

>Music is inherently bad if multiple people have writing credits
>musicians aren't very good musicians if they can only compose new music in groups
fify

You could, but there's a pretty big difference between "my ideas are the product of all my experiences with the ideas of others" and "a group of people literally made all of these sounds for me and I put my name on it." It's pretty fucking disingenuous to conflate the two.

>It's pretty fucking disingenuous to conflate the two.
THIS

No one here is saying that records released under Kanye's name aren't good. It's just completely disingenuous for artists like Kanye to bill themselves as solo artists when they are - in fact - NOT solo artists. If his albums were billed as being by "The Kanye West Experience" or some-such then I'd have no problem.

* this btw is how you know Jimi Hendrix was a true class act - he never once billed himself as a solo artist despite him being the undisputed star.

bump