How does this even classify as grunge?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L-gx957MEO4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thats why AiC is the best grunge, they actually pushed and innovated

Because they were in Seattle from the late 80s to mid 90s and were part of the scene

Were they even associated in anyway with Sub Pop?

they wore flannel, they were from Seattle. The vocals were all grunge rocker vocals

Grunge?
I thought it was heavy metal!
I thought it was the 90s version of Paranoid!

Sure sounds like Black Sabbath to me!

reminder
youtube.com/watch?v=L-gx957MEO4

I don't think so, but neither were Melvins, Screaming Trees, Mother Love Bone, or Pearl Jam.

based

Why were any of them classified as grunge?

more metal than grunge anyway.

Probably the most energetic I've seen Layne

Completely different band. This was the glam metal band Layne was in before joining Cantrell later on. Layne liked the name 'Alice N' Chains' so much he used it again for Alice In Chains.

I had no idea there was that much faggotry involved.

> moany, angsty vocals
> heavy, distorted guitars that are just a little too light to be sludge
> lyrics about drug addiction
> vaguely psychedelic
> sorta sounds like 70s hard rock

It's literally the definition of grunge. There's nothing about it that isn't grunge.

Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Mudhoney, Skin Yard, Paw, Babes in Toyland, Seaweed, Love Battery, Hazel, and Pond are all better, btw

These days hes like a zombie

>Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Mudhoney, Skin Yard, Paw, Babes in Toyland, Seaweed, Love Battery, Hazel, and Pond are all better, btw
Literally none of them are better except maybe Soundgarden, btw

That's just your objectively incorrect opinion.

You know your band is bad when every single rock band plays their impression of you on stage.

Grunge isn't a genre, just a blanket term for anything blonde coming out of Seattle from the very late 80s/early 90s. You could probably find someone trying to call Nevermore grunge.

>Nirvana is bad because people copy them
I don't know what you're saying

sarcasm dude

Screaming Trees had an EP out on Sub Pop and they were on the Sub Pop 200 compilation.

YEAAAAH THEY COME TO SNUFF THE ROOSTER

for what purpose?