Beatles General

Discuss Beatles albums, members, side and solo projects, compilations, films, etc etc

No Scaruffi Zone

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!3JsT2CJI!8NnJy2DksE4sRBBw4BUG6mDmuqLiNP7NEVoAff2EibQ
mega.nz/#!CMVCUaIB!YYUSefs8e_x4Dbw5KqymiTDDyJAiWcYyZdXzf6l8lZk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>The

Don't need to discuss the greatest band of all time

The Beatles lack the music thoery of mozart

>fact

John Lennon was so dreamy. I cant believe he's fucking dead, mates... like jesus, such a cool fucking guy, the KING of hippies and he just gets shot down in the street like a dog. Like fuck. It shoulda been the Starr man, not the walrus who died. And meanwhile Paul is dead too and his clone is gallivanting around doing concerts and promoting PETA bullshit. I hate it. I want John back.

>Favorite albums
Revolver
MMT

>Favorite members
George and Ringo are tied for first place

>Favorite side/solo projects
George: Wonderwall, Raga, All Things Must Pass, Concert for Bangla Desh

John: All solo albums, Instant Karma single, So This Is Christmas 45, Give Peace A Chance 45

Ringo:Sentimental Journey, Ringo, Ringo-Rama, Y Not

Paul: First two solo albums, All Wings

>Compilations
Live at The Star Club, both U.S. and International versions, In The Beginning Featuring Tony Sheridan, Live at The BBC on and two, All Three Anthology albums

>Films
Help, Yellow Submarine, Various British TV appearances (Too many to list)

These are just my personal favorites.
Remember these are just a matter of opinion, so please don't judge me too harshly.

Paul was the best Beatle.
Fite me

Ok, i have to ask, why George and Ringo?
Well, I kind of understand George, but Ringo? Srsly?

He wants to seem cool and nonconforming and original, thats why he picks Ringo

stop shilling paul
no one cares
you are lazy

What's wrong with Ringo?

>that

i'll admit, i kinda miss when the madmen meme was at its peak

Nope. Sorry. Wrong answer.
I've always liked Ringo.

Very nice, what are your top ten favorite songs from the Beatles' catalog, no order

You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)
Paperback Writer
Rain
If You've Got Troubles
Honey Don't (Carl Perkins' cover)
Getting Better (Mono version)
Strawberry Fields Forever
Taxman
Blue Jay Way
You've Got to Hide Your love Away

Mind you these are just off the top of my head at the moment.

It's really hard for me to pick a top ten favorite when discussing the music of The Beatles.

thanks for the positivity enjoy your week

Disguise Paul = Best Paul

I have nothing against Ringo, but he was the less talented of the 4, that's why I ask nigga

great choices

Why?

Paperback Writer/Rain and Strawberry Fields Forever/Penny Laine best singles senpai

i listened to the mono version of Sgt. Pepper and it didn't really sound that different to me. am i retarded?

oh i am boy i am you have no idea but i am a complete moron so thanks and shit very little

Yes, Lucy in the sky is really different, and she's leaving home too. Also the fake start in the reprise. For me it's like listening to Pet Sounds in mono and then in stereo, not the same feeling. But the new stereo mix of Pepper actually comes to the same level of the mono.

man. i'll try listening to it again. i've been listening to the beatles for years, i was obsessed with them in high school, never got around to the mono mixes though.

Everybody has an opinion, I suppose.I respectfully disagree.

Rate my Beatles

Getting Better in mono is different, and, in my opinion, better than it's stereo counterpart.

Also, at the end of the Sgt. Pepper reprise you can hear Paul's "Scatting more clearly and distinctly. It almost sounds like he's shouting "He's really dead" which gave weight to the whole "Paul is dead" rumor back in the day. One must remember that Sgt. Pepper was meant as a tribute to The Beach Boys' Pet Sounds album, and The Beatles themselves took personal interest in overseeing the production of the mono version, while they let George Martin do whatever he wanted with the stereo version.

Fair enough my man.

you should get the instrumental versions of Sgt. Pepper and Abbey Road my brother

I don't like instrumental versions thank you for the suggestion though

Surprised you don't have Meet The Threetles in that collection. Got a lot of good rare stuff in there.

Didn't know about it. See this is why I come to Sup Forums
Thanks bud

Yeah, I'm the guy saying that the mixes are completely different on feeling and everything.
In the new stereo mix you can hear Paul shouting too as in the mono.
I personally get more of a rocker vibe from the mono mix, everything sounding tighter and whole, in the old stereo mix everything sounded like played in a very wide room and the instruments being separated with clothe walls.
The new stereo is kinda like a representation of the mono but with the 3D effect stereo offers.

Where can I get the instrumentals my man?

Sounds like the did to Sgt. Pepper what they did to Pet Sounds in 96 to celebrate the 30th anniversary of that particular album.

Definitely makes me want to check out the 50th anniversary edition even more now.

Here we go.
Took out Paul's 1967 movie soundtrack because it's basically just a film score and really uninteresting as music

Magical Mystery Tour was the first album I ever heard, so I'm biased towards it. So besides MMT, Yellow Submarine is probs my fave.

Pretty extensive.
Your personal collection?

Well, digital collection but yes
I autistically collect and organize music.

George was comfiest Beatle

Sgt. Pepper
mega.nz/#!3JsT2CJI!8NnJy2DksE4sRBBw4BUG6mDmuqLiNP7NEVoAff2EibQ
Abbey Road
mega.nz/#!CMVCUaIB!YYUSefs8e_x4Dbw5KqymiTDDyJAiWcYyZdXzf6l8lZk

sorry it took so long but my computer crashed
i never noticed the opera singer on Her Majesty until i listened to this

Dude, where can i get those?

Check it out, my dude, it's really good.

Nevermind, you already answered to the other guy.

There's some stuff you're missing, but it doesn't matter. I'm sure you'll pick it up eventually, depending on your tastes and patience. For instance I didn't see the first two John Lennon releases, but one really has to be in the proper mood for Two Virgins and My Life with The Lions. Lot's of good stuff there. Keep up the good work.

Thank you so fucking much dude, I'll download in like four hours as I am not home, thank you again.

This is the best Beatles thread I've seen in a long time.

I'll keep that in mind, thank you

When I was a little kid in the 70s my uncle used to put on MMT and wrap me in a duvet a carry me around the house and baby uncle me off beds and tickle me. Good times.

*baby uncle = bounce

Nice collection man, here's mine, i'm missing ones like the Family Way soundtrack, Wonderwall music etc. desu a lot of that stuff holds little interest for me. I'm less bothered about getting ALL the solo stuff (especially considering theres about 35 Ringo albums haha)

bear in mind all of my Beatles albums are 'Deluxe Editions' which means they have shit tons of extra outtakes and Anthology stuff on them. Also have every BBC song (almost 12 hours of it) and all the circulating live stuff in more than fair quality (which amounts to about 15 discs)

very very nice
no Anthology 3 tho?

It sounds so much better it's unreal. I personally can't go back to the original now.