What happened to this board?

What happened to this board?

it became better?

We took the fucking gripspill

It's managed to resist the tidal wave of awful that consumed the other ones.

/s4s/: continue my legacy, my sons
Sup Forums: yes, father

This board doesn't fucking matter so just post whatever crazy shit you want.

I'd rather take /s4s/ over Sup Forums and Sup Forums desu

Like Sup Forums in general, it became too popular.

Anti-intellectualism won

Grimes

Too many burnt-faced losers.

poptomism and liberalism took over

phony ANCOmania has bitten the dust

Political Correctness.

>someone makes a spin-off board
>no one uses it

this is fine

The 2000s indie rock scene is dead, and so there's nothing left to talk about. Too arrogant to give into other genres (classical circlejerking, pop/k-pop waifufagging, rap/hip-hop memes), Sup Forums instead pulls a Sup Forums and turns to endless shitposting and retarded gags, keeping the board pure while abandoning any pretense of integrity.

This is the bed you faggots dug, now fucking sleep in it.

Anthony Fantano

Ban anyone who came after 2012 and this place (Sup Forums as a whole, I can't speak for Sup Forums) will instantly improve

t. 2011

People became comfortable with garbage music, and anything good is now "memes, listen to obscure shit. Oh what obscure music I'm talking about? lol don't ask me"

hordes of pitchfork loving redditor nu-males with incredibly generic taste and no intention or interest to improve it
It's [s4s] not /s4s/ you fags

Its getting better, then again I have like 60 filtered threads so Im not seeing everything. Still better than weeks ago though

Thats good user, liberalism is the future. Youre just mad yoy got shrimp dick

>2011-2016
>holy shit user you have shit taste kill yourself but before you do listen to the RYM top 50
>2017
Oh you don't listen to Sup Forumscore hey you have good taste

I was just ahead of the curve, ya'll niggas didn't even see it coming

I always have less than 50 threads showing, it's much nicer this way.

it really hasnt changed much over the years imo... more noticeable right wingers and bigots on here but probably their just more vocal than they used to be

Anyone who complains really need to filter, and the odd thread that gets by you just hide or report

>mu
>intellectual at all

literally nothing wrong with this

Toddlers cry louder when theyre ignored, all this right wing nonsense is really

This

>What happened to this board?
Ask the kpop generals

the melon

user youre getting old

People back in 2012- 2015 started giving their power away to Critics and Websites. After that, the new kids to Sup Forums would always have those first "baby steps" into Death Grips, Grimes, Deafheaven, etc. along with classic Sup Forumscore and next thing you know, because of how these critics and websites act towards one another, everybody walks around here with a superiority complex. Some people on this sight will never post an album with over 1,000 ratings on RYM ever again. And whether that's because of plain shit taste or just insecurity, that's just pretty fucking sad. 2016 was the year that it was obvious, this board was falling apart. And of course we did everything we could to discredit Fantano and Pitchfork, but then we realized that after Planetarium got panned, that it's not their fault. Some people just have shit taste and opinions. You can't take anything personal... grow some balls, and share the music you truly love

Blessings,

The Guru of Sup Forums

I'm gonna say Soundcloud Rap and Waifufags

Sup Forums have waifus?

Mhm

This nigga gets it

Kpop always om 1st page.

/fa/ finally fully merged. now they're truly interchangeable.

I consider the disappearance of this album from the board its official death point

In general the death of the board identity

yup. Sup Forums lost its identity around late 2015-mid 2016

Yep its sad, its what made the board unique

ITAOTS was a good focal point but I notice there was a period in like 2015 when it leaked too far. You ended up with multiple youtube rips of it with millions of hits each, and the comments section full of memes

I love the album but I don't blame people moving away from it somewhat...

Ya bro me too I miss the old Sup Forums when all we talked about was potatohead

Was glorious

>potato
as fucking if mate, its definitely a tambourine.

hip hop ruined it
they bought into what pitchfork was selling hook, line, and sinker

Its an apple

I've been on this form for a years and to be honest the quality changes time to time sometimes it's worse sometimes it's a little worse and then it might be a little bit average. In all actuality this form isn't that great maybe for music discussion half the time but mostly it's just memes and stupid shit

So is this your final form or what?

Holy kek.

Nostalgia is one hell of a drug.

NEWSFLASH: EVERYBOARD ON Sup Forums HAS ALWAYS BEEN SHIT AND ALWAYS WILL BE. IT'S JUST DIFFERENT FORMS OF SHIT

too good for this shitty board

do you realize that music taste is subjective, you fucking idiots? music you dislike =/= bad music.

Just purge all the frogposters already

F'n autocorrect

I miss the 9.5 Yeezus memes

Forced generals on an image board

teenagers

>Some people just have shit taste and opinions.
that's ridiculous. are you even aware the music taste is subjective, dumbass?

>music
>subjective

it's a shit album. i'm glad that it's almost forgotten. only a board as lame as Sup Forums would fall for bland folk when there's advanced stuff like autechre, amon tobin and fsol out there.

I think I just got a bit bored of this place really. I still come on once every few months to see if theres anything that interests me but it's never much. Maybe it's getting worse or maybe I just got fed up with the stuff I enjoyed and the bad stuff came to the front. Just at a glance though
>4 taylor swift threads
>4 grimes threads
>4 beatles threads
>load of other shit meme threads
Theres probably a fair amount of good shit buried around these but I just can't be bothered looking for it anymore.

(You)

>whining that popular artists have multiple threads
You're pathetic. Also at least 2 of those Grimes threads were made by her detractors and should be deleted immediately.

Surely this stuff could be condenced though? Also it might make me hipster trash or whatever but I want to find some new ande interesting things not discuss the literally number 1 song on the billboard in 4 threads.

Self promotion and nesting in something that's not yours

When I first came to the forum share threads got me into a lot of music now I really haven't checked the quality of them but I can say for sure that compared to back then to around 2009-2010 there isn't that much difference if anything there's just more hip hop more pop and a lot more shitposting

Shut the fuck up you numale retard. You're fucking wrong.

>Planetarium is more than mediocre

Kek tell me more about that shit taste user

you are literally replying to a sniveling post regarding conservatives on Sup Forums...

who is crying and whining like a petulant infant again?

Grimes and people taking reviewers word as gospel when its just their opinion.

Boring senpai

/emoe/ died and Sup Forums with it

Yep. Grimes has been and is a huge drain

you're a numale idiot for believing that music taste is objective. it's not, you troglodyte.

It's probably better now that a few years ago.

+ Less indie
+ Less Fantano influence
+ Less Death Grips

2012/2013 was maybe the nadir of this board

>senpai

indicative of the real problem: newfags

Your taste sucks faggot. Deal with it.

(You)

mediafire et. al. got shut down and sharing/finding music became marginally less convenient

you've gotten older and are no longer hip to the youth culture of Sup Forums. this place has always been filled with high schoolers trying to be cool/~*~alt~*~

the concept of memes went mainstream and have overtaken the board

mediafire is still up, though. Did you mean megaupload?

You mad

>you mad

a meme that old means your just a fag as opposed to a newfag, I guess

I mean you used to be able to site:mediafire.com most of the albums talked about on here and find them with no problem. That is no longer the case.

>you've gotten older and are no longer hip to the youth culture of Sup Forums. this place has always been filled with high schoolers trying to be cool/~*~alt~*~

this, Sup Forums has always mostly been edgy older high schoolers/younger college students

F I L T E R S

Seriously filter this shit

Yeah, the rym general exemplifies this age incompatibility. I can't fuck stand those juniors hi-school bound guys and their internal jokes on an anonymous imageboard. I keep my RYM account hidden from them.

Fantano is stronger than ever

Surely loads still get through? Half the time they don't have the artist name in the op.

yupyup, and there's no longer a blogspot for every obscure music movement/genre. Soulseek is great for finding almost anything, but the blogspot/old sharethread experience allowed other people to curate for ya

/rym/ is literally the only thread left here that resembles Sup Forums in any way shape or form

I don't want a hugbox no matter what. This is a social networker's flimsy mindset.

Keep crying nigga

>the first ever listenalong for this album

comfiest thread of 2009 senpai

>funposting confederacy
>Sup Forums
>Sup Forums
>/ck/
>spee
>/s4s/