Noise music is like black metal but made by peopel without any talent...

noise music is like black metal but made by peopel without any talent. its an excuse to be in a band while being completely talentless. am i right or am i right ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fR_8gpJCT4I
youtube.com/watch?v=8CLlImYhbxo
soundcloud.com/chemicalpawn/storage-embryotic
youtube.com/watch?v=GTVZM4tTvh0
youtube.com/watch?v=l7cmXyEy3sQ
youtube.com/watch?v=YEzx3L_Rx7g
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/amm/ammmusic/
youtube.com/watch?v=MPIjKm609sE
youtube.com/watch?v=rBOanPoEek4
soundcloud.com/forbiddenpunch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

he is looking like grouper in that thumbnail

he is the biggest hack yes

I think a lot of Japanese artists get a pass. I've listen to a lot of Japanese techno artists one would ask how the hell did they become so well known. Its like Japs can pound keys with their dicks in it would be considered modern art.

fuck you hes greatr

I met Metzbow IRL. He's such a weird person. Apparently he spoke like 3 words to the promoters during the whole day.

>i don't get something therefore it is bad

>I don't get something therefore it's smart

It's for people who know how to do interesting distortion, which is a fairly complex open-ended topic.

I'd say distortion is just a part of it. Really you need to be good with many effects, and ideally have a performance vision as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=fR_8gpJCT4I
This can be done by anyone and full on noise music limits the possibilities of discernible timbre and further exploration. White noise becomes indistinguishable from any of the works of noise artists.
youtube.com/watch?v=8CLlImYhbxo
Noise however aided indeterminacy, EAI, industrial music, noise rock, noise pop, etc.

He's just doing all this noise shit to draw attention so he can get people to stop eating meat.

There's much more to it than just white noise and sweep. Using a youtube video is a bad example because it's not a good recording. You should listen to my harsh noise, I think it's a good example.

soundcloud.com/chemicalpawn/storage-embryotic

You're aware noise is a form of free improvisation, right? It's not about complexity or any of that... it's about presence, exectuion and performance. Creating a noise aura it's not easy and yes, it requires mostly effort, rather than talent.

merzbow comes from a prog background doesn't he? there is structure to his music, even if it's not very good

The problem is that white noise becomes almost indistinguishable, even though your example has some sampling. And what's wrong with a YouTube video? Are you aware that producers use it as a platform too? Here's something more extreme than yours:
youtube.com/watch?v=GTVZM4tTvh0
youtube.com/watch?v=l7cmXyEy3sQ

A video is never a good recording if it's just a recording on some guy's phone. Even a good field recording device still isn't going to sound very good. That's why when people record bands they record each part separately and then mix it together on the computer. Just like people do in noise. And for the videos you're talking about, they probably edited in the music later. And the video is just an advertisement.

You still don't get it, do you? Full on noise music limits the possibilities of discernible timbre and further exploration. White noise becomes indistinguishable from any of the works of noise artists. Why would you limit yourself like that?

I like noise but a lot of it seems just kind of half-ass to me or really pretentious.

I'm not really sure what you're talking about here. I think it sounds good, it's just playing synthesizers through distortion pedals. Along with other homemade instruments.

I make noise and black metal. A few noise musicians are good and legitimately talented, most are garbage.

Guilty Subconscious
#VANLIFE
youtube.com/watch?v=YEzx3L_Rx7g

>White noise becomes indistinguishable from any of the works of noise artists.
No it doesn't and you're just repeating yourself like a retard.

If you want to find fault with noise, the problem is form.

>I think it sounds good
This is irrelevant, because music appreciation and taste is subjective and you know that.
>I'm not really sure what you're talking about here
You can distort virtual instruments in DAWs to the point of the sound becoming harsh white noise and that's the end of sonic exploration, if you're interested in making full on noise music. Why would you limit yourself like that? I would suggest listening to AMM's debut album:
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/amm/ammmusic/
What's interesting about their music is that their background is in hard bop and european free jazz. There's even a string section on that album.

>No it doesn't and you're just repeating yourself like a retard.
Great. Can you show me just one example of how making full on noise isn't limiting after a certain point? I've already addressed the issue here:

>Really you need to be good with many effects
That's what I meant by distortion, actually.

There's more than just virtual instruments though. For my noise I use a contact mic through a wah pedal. I also run my samples through a fuzz pedal and use that for feedback loops. I know someone who uses an MS-20 plugged into their laptop through an audio interface.

Isn't limited*

This is the same of every genre.

This.

is that video of him performing ourdoors in a primitive village somewhere still around? that was great

You mean the one where his wife is playing the cello? I can't find it, but I found this video of merzbow playing up close.

youtube.com/watch?v=MPIjKm609sE

nah it was solo and these bewildered villagers were the only audience. it might've been part of the documentary but I can't be arsed to watch that now

sounds like a cool guy

this is the only correct post itt

youtube.com/watch?v=rBOanPoEek4

I've heard about this video too and searched endlessly to no luck. if anyone could find it that would be amazing

>This is the same of every genre.
It is, but noise is so easy to make that it attracts a lot more talentless and pretentious hacks than other genres do.

That would be indie rock, not noise.

Take a look at these posts:

bump

He is cool, just... Really weird.

Listen to Pharmakon on full volume while smoking in the dark at 3am OP, you'll get it

I'd say you're right. I started a noise project about a year ago soundcloud.com/forbiddenpunch and I only really did it so that I could make a page and upload music on it. Got bored of it eventually and didn't bother promoting it because it's utter shit.

you're wrong

noise challenges a lot of basic human concepts we have around "music" - it has no interest in scales, it has no interest in being "pleasant" to listen to. It has no regard what so ever to any sort of structured rules on composing a song. it's totally free from it all.

keep up fuckboy

why would you wont to challenge those concepts ? its just music dude , nonody gives a shit