ITT: Stupid cringey quotes by musicians

But he's right. Why do you think vaporwave is popular?

you are cringe

How is that 'cringey'?

literally any post from anohni's facebook

its pseudo af

This just reinforces my belief that Eno is always right.

He's 100% right. Why do you think everyone's suddenly making music videos and extreme sports videos on DV tape again?

its not cringe, its a decent quote although a fairly obvious observation

based mommy :D

In what way? It's true.

Well, he's wrong and I disagree.

This is actually a pretty nice quote.

It really just melts down to "Muh nostalgia" and "Muh warmess"

Pure cringe

dude CRINGE haha i love reddit
catch me on /r/cringeanarchy XD

Only immature/young people cannot appreciate nostalgia. Everyone does in the end. Maybe you could wait until you're older and wiser before you form opinions.

The only cringe here is you not getting what he's talking about. Its not even a controversial opinion

Explain how this is in anyway cringey?

awesome thread

CRINGE XDDDDD rite guys?

wtf this isn't cringe at all???

But it doesn't. You must have misunderstood the quote.

/thread

Hey this quote is pretty good, not cringe at all

I think you're wrong
Not an argument
No I didn't

>Not an argument
oh really? im not arguing with you dumb fuck

then stop replying to me please. thank you

>I think you're wrong
Not either of those people, but why didn't you explain anything?

I made it quite clear, didn't I?

here (you) go

omfg CRINGE hehe!
clear as day

Doing this only brings down the quality of my thread so stop please.

Because he's too immature to form an opinion about anything. Be patient.

Nostalgia is encapsulates only a part of what Eno is talking about. Two of the examples he gives are distorted guitars and blues singers with cracked voices. These have nothing to do with nostalgia.

Well, I still disagree with it as a whole.

What about it do you disagree with?

Based

I already posted it

Good quote, terrible thread.

>le cringe xD

Leave my board, you underage piece of trash.

>kate bush will never ummgh you

Where?
Here? Because that's just wrong and not what the quote's about

Okay well I guess there's nothing to add

All he's saying is that the signature aspects of new forms of music often have something that people aren't used to when said forms are brand new, and often that aspect of the music is what is the signature defining aspect of said new style of music. This is not only true for music, but a lot of things in life in general. There's nothing about muh nostalgia here at all except in the more scientific context of nostalgia where the older things that you were already exposed to at a younger age will always be easier for you to adjust to compared to brand new things you have never been exposed to before.

I can't believe I had to explain that. The most recent exodus of new posters to Sup Forums seem to be dumber than ever, and it's not just something I am noticing on Sup Forums either.

And all I'm saying is I disagree with it and I think it's dumb.

OP said cringey comments, not based redpills.

Underage faggot fuck off

1. I'm not underage
2. You're not contributing anything to this thread

>Well, what happened there [on 9/11] is, of course—now all of you must adjust your brains—the biggest work of art there has ever been. The fact that spirits achieve with one act something which we in music could never dream of, that people practise ten years madly, fanatically for a concert. And then die. [Hesitantly.] And that is the greatest work of art that exists for the whole Cosmos. Just imagine what happened there. There are people who are so concentrated on this single performance, and then five thousand people are driven to Resurrection. In one moment. I couldn't do that. Compared to that, we are nothing, as composers. [...] It is a crime, you know of course, because the people did not agree to it. They did not come to the "concert". That is obvious. And nobody had told them: "You could be killed in the process."

Are you trolling or are you really this stupid? It's already been pointed out several times that your "disagreement" with the quote is based on misreading of it.

what's wrong about it

It was pretty low already. Regardless of your opinion on vaporwave or the likes, he's right. People fetishize problems when it no longer plagues them. People watch dramatic movies when their lives are happy. People miss scratching when the itch goes away. It's the same for music and the elements people choose to put in.

What's wrong? Is my opinion huwting your littwe feewings?
ok idc

>disagrees with someone
>haha your feelings are hurt!
Now I'm really thinking that you're underage.

Why though? You haven't brought that up yet and are just doing petty arguments with other in this topic? I personally agree with it because in general terms, people used to something in a style that already exists will always have a tougher time adjusting to something alien in comparison. The easiest way to see that is always younger generation vs older generation preferences on things, but it isn't always restricted to that.

The quote is absolutely true and OP is a massive faggot with nigger-tier reading comprehension.

>We're not arrogant, we just know Oasis is the best band in the world.

Okay I'll admit I came into this thread with my head held high and im too proud to back down now. Can we please down drop this and let this thread dead. That's all Im saying.

this is completely true you autist

Where's that one of that Grizzly Bear person having a heart attack about Trump's election? I love that post.

The one where he got triggered by thanksgiving? Kek

anything dave drool says about music

I know that cringe is a Le redditor thing, but what do you call it when you witness something so painful to watch that your face winces up a little. Humans cringing has been around long before leddit

OP we're trying to help you here. imagine going and trying to interact with real life people face to face with half-formed, baseless opinions. use your brain and learn to actually make a well thought out argument

>cringe
>pseudo
>muh muh
I swear to fucking god /lit/ is worse than Sup Forums

It's not at all pseudo, it's an extremely straightforward and clearly stated observation. Do you actually have autism?

>doesn't even know what board he's on
>crying about Sup Forums in the year 2017 approaching 2018

Ian brino

I said Im sorry

>mfw

You mean to tell me OP wasn't even baiting?

I kind of feel bad for OP by now, but what Eno said is pretty much just true. Even if you don't like that aesthetic, that doesn't make it untrue. Even late romantic classical music and all post common practice classical seems to follow this principle, as tonality/everything else gets pushed to its extreme.

What else would you expect when music is increasingly being created in recording studios that are akin to sterile laboratories?

Why is his music so dull?