Vocalist you cannot stand

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sNNKLZShLRw
youtube.com/watch?v=UK1304aZVD8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

aside from Hurley, he sounds the same on every song since the green album.

Blink 182 guy lol

He totally ruins Heard Em Say for me

He's a huge bellend as well.

Eddie Vedder
Thom Yorke
Geddy Lee

He sounded better in Kara's Flowers.

yes

Bob Dylan
>songs don't even have a beat
>somehow manages to sing offbeat

That turbodouche from Pinback who I don't respect enough as a person to look up.

The fat(ter) one.

Robert Plant
Bob Dylan
Whoever sings for Melt Banana
Whoever sings for Deafheaven
Drake
Kate Bush
Whoever sings for The Scorpions

and Kurt Cobian

sufjan stevens

No one has said Zack De La Roca yet?

Who?

Joanna Newsom

Kendrick. He sounds like a fucking mouse. Also good storytelling=\=good songwriting.

Liam used to be alright, but he really fucked his vocal chords up bad.

This was him singing "Live Forever" during the demo sessions of their first album in 1993:

youtube.com/watch?v=sNNKLZShLRw

>And him singing "Live Forever" in January 1996
at the 53:00 mark

youtube.com/watch?v=UK1304aZVD8

Do you hear the difference?

If you ever listened to Grimes... also Bowie

michael gira
david bowie
the black one in death grips
thom yorke
joanna newsom
the guy from nana grizol
literally any english-speaking male emo vocalist
morissey
jeff mangum

His mouse sounds fit the beat every single time tho, but it's an acquired taste

>Also good storytelling=\=good songwriting
It does though.

Has Gira ever done country before? He definitely has the voice for it.

Katy Perry
Rihana
Nicki Minaj (though i don't really mind her preformance on Kanye's - Monster for some reason)

Thom Yorke looks just like his music sounds, and he looks like he's been lobotomized and force-fed sleeping pills.

He really looks like deep down, he doesn't want to make music at all, but that his doctors told him it was either that, or chemical castration.

He looks like if he bumped into a chair after stumbling his way through a room, he'd apologize to the chair.

He looks like he's what's called a "philosophical zombie", that is to say a human being with working bodily functions, but absolutely no hint of sentience, awareness or sensitivity of any kind.

He looks utterly defeated, he looks like the kind of man a hundred generations of bureaucratic dictatorship would produce after mercilessly and clinically suppressing all hints of free will and personal ambitions in its population. If he didn't sing, I'd be convinced that the only thing he's able to say is "yes".

He looks numb. He looks so numb it's a miracle he's even alive because someone this numb wouldn't have the degree of proprioception required to keep all his cells together. He'd literally melt into protoplasmic goop, like a big jellyfish washed ashore, like a load of sterilized semen being flushed down, like a gob of spit waiting to dry on a chewing gum-encrusted pavement.

That's what Thom Yorke looks like, and that's what Radiohead sounds like.

Grimes' music is good but her voice is way too high pitched. I don't know how people tolerate her on the songs where she doesn't turn it down.

The melt banana vocalist, or any really high pitched japanese vocalist

Sort of, check out Angels of Light for some of his folkiest stuff.

Did he steal your gf or something?

Eddie Vedder
Chris Cornell
that kind of guy

AltJ guy

patton

>Melodies and composition dont matter lol

>listening to music for the lyrics
If a song doesn't sound pleasing to the ears, but the lyrics are good/interesting/whatever then wouldn't it make more sense to just listen to slam poetry or a book on tape? Shitty, boring sounding songs that hide behind good lyricism is the bane of music. Focus on creating a good, unique sound. Lyrics are the sprinkles on the sundae. You wouldn't want a sundae that is all sprinkles and just a dab of ice cream would you? Kendrick is a good storyteller, doesn't mean his music is pleasing to the ear or worth listening to. His whole discography basically boils down to that. I'll read his lyrics but I won't sit through his songs.

I don't listen to much rap but how anyone stands Jay Z's voice is beyond me.

brandon flowers

love his music, hate his vocals.

Russell Marsden, love BOS tho

I'll give you all of those except plant, but still I could understand your reasoning

What did he do?

Bump

thank you for this ive been looking for this copypasta forever

>makes music without vocals and needs to justify it by saying lyrics aren't important and using half-brained aphorisms and metaphors to justify his point

Kendrick has a lot of different voices that you can hear in different songs and it's pretty cool. It also really helps the storytelling.

any female pop singer who perform what I call "controlled yelling"
like Aguilera national anthem style singing, I hate it with a passion

>Vocalist you cannot stand
all opera singers

kurt's voice was probably his only musical virtue

i cant stand this shit

an essential addition to this thread

Isn't that part of the appeal?

What's so hard to understand about putting the quality of sound above the message? Are all music pieces meant to have a tangible meaning? I listen to music primarily for sounds that I think sound good, not for stories or commentary. If I wanted those I would read a book, an article, or a shitpost. I mean it's an added bonus if I like the way a song sounds and I like the lyrics, but I would prefer the lyrics to be absolute nonsense and sound good than be the most profound lyrics rapped by a man with an unappealing drawl. If Kendrick sounded like eazy e, snoop dogg, or wondermike and actually had half decent beats I would enjoy his music much more. I don't like the way he sounds so I don't like his music.

are you me??????

Stop listening to music. You clearly don't understand it.

how the fuck has no one posted him yet

Any singer that overuses vibrato.

in b4 someone says danny brown

This gentleman in the bottom centre
>loses his voice amazingly early
>is a huge faggot overall

Nah, he sounds fine is just the lyrics.

this. fucking hell he drives me mad trying so hard to sound like john lennon

>bob dylan
This. Dude sounds like he sucks donkey dick.

WHAR ARE YEEEEEW
AN IOM SOW SOREEEEEE

fuck off

The guy from panic at the disco

All of them.
Vocals were a mistake. Go read poetry.

And Antony from Antony and the johnstons. I just can't do it.