Going to America for a holiday. Going to LA, SFO,Boston and NY. Got any recommendations of things to do...

Going to America for a holiday. Going to LA, SFO,Boston and NY. Got any recommendations of things to do? Can't apply for a medical card for cannabis because im 19 :(

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/saxon_casi/sets/top-tracks
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

soundcloud.com/saxon_casi/sets/top-tracks

Ya you can, you need to be 18 to get one

AYY, LA fag here, it depends what kind of scenes you are into.

The major tourist hotspots that I think DON'T suck are as follows
>universal studios (great if you go alone as you can get to the front of almost any line)
>Santa Monica pier (just a big ole pier with some rides and shit, but hey its fun, and the sunset is awesome)
>magic castle (private club where they do magic shows, rather expensive and invite only, but if you can get in you'll have a nice time).
>little tokyo (kinda weird to visit an american city to visit its japanese sub-city, but its fun, great food for lunch and mochi ice cream for dessert).

those are the three i find my self actively going to, but it may be more out of being a regular than i would if i was a one time visitor.

tell me what you are into and what you like and I can try t o advise properly.

you can always go see the hollywood sign but honestly idk why people like this, walk of fame as well, its dumb

oh shit i'll look into it.
Yo thanks for the advice, going with my Dad so what im able to do will be limited. Heard that universal studios and Santa Monica Pier are both really good. Is Disneyland worth it? Into anything honestly.

>Going to LA, SFO,Boston and NY.
How long are you going to be here? LA, SFO, Boston, and NY are all pretty far apart from eachother. Won't leave much time to actually do shit in the cities unless you are going to be here for a couple weeks.

Spending 3 weeks all up. Spending 10 days in Cali leaving two days for the drive from LA to SFO. Then flying to Boston, spending 2-3 days there and then catching the train to NY

im not a fan of disneyland my self, but im also not big on disney. I get sick easily, but the disney land extreme rides make me sick pretty instantly, wheras universal has some intense ones like the transformers ride and the mummy ride, but they dont make me sick cuz their more straight forward and less about jerking oyu around and stupid shit.

but you guys might like it.

it can take for fucking ever just to get in though.

Yeah true, i hear the haunted Mansion at Disneyland is a must though. Also im not to old to be going to this shit am I? All my mates just laughed at me when i told them I was going to Disney land and Universal Studios

idk what its like in the UK, but here in america you have plenty of adults, especially tourists, coming to this place. california adventure is the more mature disney counterpart, but theres tons of rides at disneyland that are perfectly fun for adults if you're into rides no ones going to look at you like you are weird, you are going to blend in fine.

That is only like a 6 hour drive. One day for sure. See Haight-Ashbury in San Francisco’s

Yeah, stay away from LA if you don't like getting raped and or molested by trans loving communist. If you do, well then just stay there cause there's not point going anywhere else for that kind of thing. As for Disney, at least you'll be safe there on account of the pedophiles only want to rape the children. I've lived here my whole life unfortunately, I'm too poor to move just yet. It's a shit hole that's hard to breath in, everyone is delusional, crazy and or sexually corrupted. You better keep a knife on you and stay the fuck away from the gangs and lgbtqi+ bars or you will lose something you value.

God fucking speed user.

>two days for the drive from LA to SFO
Excellent idea. I advise taking Highway 1, at least the parts of it that haven't fallen into the ocean yet. It's beautiful.
About halfway to San Francisco there's a mansion owned by infamous yellow journalist W.R. Hearst, which might still run tours. Monterey's got some fairly well-reputed seafood restaurants. In San Jose the Winchester Mystery House (named for the guns heiress) might be fun.
I can't think of anything very awesome south of Grover Beach. I can't really think of anything exciting in the east bay either. If you were of US drinking age I would suggest a day trip to wine country.

Yeah but i hear there are a lot of cool places on the way, Been told Monterey is a nice place to stay the night. Haight-Ashbury seems cool.
Yeah Highway 1 is what we are going to drive on, although i hear there is a slip at Big Sur? I'll check those things out! Is San Jose worth the detour on the trip up too SFO? Probably will stay a night in Monterey but don't know where we will stop the other night.

Buy me something from the Supreme store please

lmao, thinking of going into the store just to check it out, dont know if its worth it though. Not really into supreme

I heard its not too expensive in the actual store. But the employees are dicks and they dont have very many items for sale

>Going to America for a holiday
>Can't apply for a medical card for cannabis
Good

Why :(
Yeah, keen to check out the Palace store though

Technically, SFO is the airport, which is a few cities south of the City proper.
San Jose itself is a shithole. It's a bit of a jump off the track and I don't think it would be worth it unless Highway 1 is closed or something.
It sounds like Monterey is your plan for a second night stop. If you're looking for a first night stop, consider San Luis Obispo, a little college town with a funky downtown, some interesting pieces of history, and some decent eateries. Or, any of the little beach towns about 20km south of SLO.
Honestly I haven't been there for 20 years, since the first internet boom, so I don't know much about local conditions today.

>Why
What debilitating aliment do you have that you need pot while you're on vacation?

not him, but life itself is enough of an ailment to warrant heavy usage

I bet you complain about the minimum wage

Yo man, current resident of SF, frequent traveler to NYC and LA, infrequent visitor of Boston here.

In LA you should check out Santa Monica/Venice area (pier, beaches etc.), Universal Studios if you want to do a theme park (mostly because Hogwarts is insane), the Hollywood area if you're into the Hollywood scene. Magic Castle is supposed to be awesome but I've never been and am not sure if you can get in if you're under 21. Grand Central Market is also a pretty interesting place for lunch if you're in the downtown area. Prepare for hot days and chilly nights, and fucking miserable traffic.

Plenty of cool places on the drive from LA to SF: Pasadena (space stuff and the Rose Bowl), Carmel/Monterey (Pebble Beach and whale watching), Santa Cruz (surf and skate cultural hub), and stuff in between that I've never visited.

SF is great if you're into food and tech. Downtown has all sorts of weird shit that's interesting, China Town is of particular note. Obviously the Golden Gate Bridge is a popular tourist spot. Oakland is underrated and going down to Silicon Valley is interesting if you are into computers (HP garage, Steve Jobs' house, Computer History Museum).

Boston is known for tons of American history. Best off looking up the popular destinations there, pretty self evident. Great seafood.

NYC is NYC. See a show on broadway, check out the 9/11 memorial, the Statue of Liberty, and just enjoy the thousands of things to do in the city that never sleeps. Almost every restaurant that you go to that isn't right near Times Square will be good just because it has to be to survive in that city. Central Park is pretty, and it can also be cool to take the subway down to Brooklyn for a day if you want to see part of the city that isn't Manhattan.

Have a good time, you're visiting some very culturally significant cities that are all really different from each other. Cheers.

but my state has one of the highest min wages in the country and I still make well above that

Alright sweet will keep San Luis Obispo in mind.
Thanks for the advice dude! will defo check out Pasadena and Santa Cruz on the way up.
Yeah was thinking of going down to Silicon Valley for a day. Looking forward to the trip. First time out of the Southern Hemisphere

^ This guy's an idiot, don't listen to him.

I know, im not