2026 WORLD CUP ALLOCATIONS CONFIRMED

2026 WORLD CUP ALLOCATIONS CONFIRMED

>NZ CONFIRMED A PLACE
>THE ENTIRE HEX WILL QUALIFY
>ASIA DOUBLE THEIR PLACES
>70% OF SOUTH AMERICA WILL QUALIFY INCLUDING THE PLAYOFF SPOT
>BOLIVIA 2026 CHAMPIONS CONFIRMED

So the first stage of the tournament will be completely pointless then. It'll just be a glorified qualifying stage.

First for Liverpool

>Africa and Asia getting the most spots

Why? Theres barely 4-5 good African and Asian teams altogether.

If 2026 is hosted by a South American team 80% of South America will be playing in the world cup.

Venezuela still won't qualify.

$$$

>Why?
because FIFA is corrupt and Asia and Africa are the reason why they're allowed to continue to be corrupt.

We got rid of Sepp but he was just replaced by another cunt that takes backhand checks from rich Asians and Africans.

Sepp tried to do this but he got embroiled in a scandal and fired.
This guy is just a new face on the old corrupt machine.

They could do the World cup in two years, no qualifying, all the associations. In the first year, simultaneously 4 competitions in 4 different countries, with 50 associations each in 7 dates. 4 teams qualify from each.
Next year, the 16 qualified teams play in 1 country the final.

Should unite the Conmebol and the Concacaf and give 12 spots

>Confronted with the idea that life will press on into 2026
>Somehow don't believe it

they want the USA to definitely go through though.
Even though they hate SAWKER they love watching their national team and thus bring in a lot of $$$.
woah I didn't think I could hear a worse idea that what FIFA proposed but you did it m8

>Qualify for the world cup
>Only guaranteed two fucking games

In all honesty seeing as they're expanding it they may as well have done 64 teams.
It only means one extra game and at least you can have 16 groups of 4 rather than this retarded 16 groups of 3 where the top two go through and then it's round of 32.

It's so STUPID.

>conchacaf getting 6 spots
infantino was a mistake, bring back /ourguy/ blatter

Doesn't matter. Only two confederations have ever made it to final match, lol.

>211 teams
>77 have made it to WC
>only fucking 12 have ever made it to final match
>only 8 have ever won it

And the modern game is even worse. Since 1972, only seven teams have made it to finals. It's a tournament between a few SA teams and a few Euro teams, the rest is just filler. Why not have 80 teams play? It doesn't matter.

Why didn't they do 12 groups of 4?

schedules are already tight with a 32 teams tournament and you want to add even more shit teams, retard.

This, the world cup is predictable and boring.

I think it was a rhetorical question.

who /zero goals/ here?

I would be OK with the 48-team format if it were as follows:

>Twelve four-team groups, as opposed to the eight they have now.
>The top two teams from each group advance to a round of 24.
>The teams are then assigned to one of 8 groups of 3.
>The top team from each group moves on to the quarterfinals.
>Quarterfinals > Semifinals > 3rd place match & Final

Unfortunately for me, FIFA is doing something totally different.

it should be
>2 from North America
>2 from South America
>2 from UK
>2 from Europe
>4 from Africa
>2 from Australia
>2 from Asia

>2 from UK

So the best teams will be resting for 2 weeks while we are forced to watch the shitty teams play group games?

>the entire hex gets in
>canada still won't qualify

More fodder. Nice.

because it allows china and maybe india in with all those potential viewers

I think Wales and Ireland will do just fine.

Or 5 groups of 6 and 6 groups of 3

oh im on tonight you know these trips dont lie

we still get the play-off spot?

Blatter supported this

yes.
Top 6 go straight in.
7th place goes into a playoff.

If South America host this structure still stands so you'll have 8 south american teams playing in the world cup.

So this makes South American qualifying just irrelevant right?

yes

It's mostly pointless

CONCACAF and CONMEBOL should merge if it's going to be like this.

3 groups of 5, 4 groups of 3, 5 groups of 2.
17 teams qualify and play against each other 2 times each. The 6 better play a hexagonal, the leader having 1 point advantage.

To be honest, i won't watch the world cup 2026.

They just want to make more money. I am not willing to support this. The euro 2016 was already shit with so many teams and i regret that i spend time watching the games.

It's not really about money, it's more about locking down the FIFA votes of Africa, Oceania and Caribbean

The big football nations in Europe and South America are almost irrelevant because we don't carry many votes

That's BULLSHIT

The only games that really were dire involved England and Portugal

t. guy who will end up watching the 2026 world cup

Good the more the merrier. Now USA is destined to win World Cups in the future. Hahahahha

>1 direct slot for OFC

GIVE YOUR POWER TO BASED TAHITI

THEY CAN DO IT

Good Lord, imagine watching India vs Guatemala

new caledonia is the rising force of oceanic football

they literally only lost on penalties to new zealand in the ONC last time

There's also a tournament for 2 extra slots. 6 teams, one from each confederation except UEFA. So that's basically another slot for conmebol for Peru or Paraguay.

>12 groups of 3
>best 2 of each go to another group phase of 3
>12 best according to the FIFA rankings will start at the second group phase
>best 2 teams will go to the round of 16 and so forth

>It will literally just be Bolivia and Venezuela who won't go to the world cup

whut? i thought they wanted to make a round of 32 after the first group stage?

Be interesting that. Two teams automatically in the final matches, whilst the other four play a "semi-final" first.

So basically CONMEBOL will always have a seed, whilst the other seed will be the best of the worst in CAF (or AFC) I reckon because there's no depth in CONCACAF or OFC.

Why not have
>4 groups of 12
>top 8 go through to second group stage
>2 legged knockout ties
>5th/6th/7th/8th placed playoffs
>Golden Ball goes to most popular player before the tournament

C-Can we move to Oceania

if australia can come to asia then we can go to oceania.

I guess they ll put more ranking boost in the qualification. Or maybe make it a 9 match happening (every team plays whith each team once) on common ground. It seems literally meaningless since if you win the first 4 matches you can think of the other 14 as friendlies and still qualify.

So basically this mean paraguay, bolivia and peru has a chance to qualify?

They're much better than the other confederations.

IMO, all conmebol should qualify, lmao.

At least africa and Asia have a lot of room in the next couple of decades but why the fuck should North america get 6 (six) spots?

America and Mexican will probably remain good and there will always be 1 or two other nations having a golden generation like Costa Rica are but 6 is just too many spots

Why are they trying to fix something that is not broken?

32 team world cup is fine as it is.

England still won't qualify

Arab and Asian money

If they included 100 teams my country still wouldn't make it in.

feelsbadman

we deserve 8 direct places

This madness will only stop once the Netherlands are qualified.

Should be

24 UEFA
6 CONMEBOL
4 CONCACAF
1 OFC
5 AFC
5 CAF

Hosts and the previous winners auto qualify also.

Last thing we need in the world cup is 9 nigger teams with Victor Oogabooga enforcing midfield kicking the shit out of everything that moves

Bolivia wouldn't even qualify if we had 8 spots for 10 members

finally Canada is going to the WC!

I thought the world cup was about having the best teams play each other?

>Asia - 8 (up from 4 or 5)

I think we can all agree on the conclusion that the middle eastern countries are behind this. Asia has got to be the worst football confederation after OFC. There is no sensible reason to double their spots. Only reason why FIFA is doing it is because shitty gulf countries like Qatar and UAE want to increase their chances of playing.

I'm telling you. The gulf countries are ruining this sport. 2022 was only the beginning.

There goes the little excitment that was remaining in CONCACAF qualifying.

>Ireland
>UK

You're about a century late

>1986

Oh and btw. Russia, Israel, Turkey, Kazakhstan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia and whatever country I may have forgotten, should really consider moving to AFC now. With the exception of Russia and Turkey, none of these countries are competitive enough to even make it to the regular Euro tournament, let alone qualify for the world cup so it would be a win-win situation.

the world cup should be
>10 from UEFA
>5 from CONMEBOL
>host

>theres no way we wont qualify now

its coming home, la

>none of these countries are competitive enough to even make it to the regular Euro tournament

Seriously though, what's stopping you from joining AFC? I know you have had problems with them in the past but the situation should be better now. Your relationship with the arab world (aside from Palestine) has never been better and it's only Iran and Lebanon that have a problem with you, but if they decide to protest then it's their problem. You would have a much better chance of qualifying.

good question
although the relationships are not as good as you may think, i don't think people with israeli visas can even enter qatar, UAE, saudi arabia, etc.
i remember a few european teams having problems with that when tried to conduct training camps in qatar with israeli players in the squad

Such bullshit. Europe should get more spots if anything

>Seriously though, what's stopping you from joining AFC?
Their clubs teams are way better off in europe

I can't wait to see Tahiti vs Bolivia play a deciding match to see who gets the best runner up spot in a completely meaningless group stage

I told you, the world cup is becoming a meme and in 20 years you will know as Messi being the GOAT because he won the champions league, ot the world cup shitty "competition"

UEFA and COMNEBOL should just make a breakaway tournament but they wont because they're all spineless

Concacaf and Conmebol should be united as one federation with 13 or 14 spots. Conmebol+Usa+Mexico+Costa Rica or Panama

>CONMEBOL
Those 6 spots would go to
Brasil
Argentina
Colombia
Uruguay
Chile
Ecuador or Peru

It feels more like a WORLD Cup with all of the extra teams, but it's retarded that Europe doesn't get more spots.

First round will be shit but at least there will be a bigger chance for some meme upsets like Iceland eliminating England.

Messi won't play in 2026 tbqh

IT'S COMING HOME LADS

no one will give a shit m8, just like no one gives a shit now about the '82 and '98 expansion

>qualification is even easier
Feels good bros

There's a 7th playoff spot made just for you

oh no you dont
you already tried that m8 my grandpa put an end to that m8

you're kind of half the world away m8

lel

Irrelevant? kinda of
They still can make it competitive and entertaining with a new format.

yurofags will cry about concacaf getting 6 but not africa getting 9 and asia getting fucking 8

>6 fucking slots for concacaf
????

Concacaf's weak teams are better than other continent's weak teams, save maybe conmebol

Yeah actually scratch that
>NINE fucking spots for Africa

I was always sad this pic didn't get memed more.

Didn't FIFA see how bad expanded EURO was?Weak teams were parking the bus in the hope of getting a 3rd spot. It was boring as fuck.