Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/nttjbdkv
themusiczoo.com/blogs/news/polyphia-reveals-new-prototype-ibanez-guitars
vocaroo.com/i/s0ruK5m4XIlV
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Your cat is bored with your style.

truly

I've been wanting to play guitar specifically for those two genres

you should totally do it. quite easy genres to play, so you'll get the hang of it quite fast. just make sure you get the right amp and guitar for the job or you'll be fucked.

>genre cucks

folk and country

sludge, drone, funeral doom

i've heard strats aren't good for metal, how is it for you?

Cute cat. Cute guitar.

Oh yeah, and whatever. Been writing Death Metal/groove/sludge shit for months now though so lot's of that. Surprisingly chuggy for a fender.

Bass count? Experimental. I've also got my 4 fretted that I love.

it's a huge pain in the ass. the sound just isn't good at all, but i can at least get a decent tone. helped me learn how to use my resources without buying another god damn guitar. the humbucker definitely helps though.

her name is doctor doom.

the freest jazz you've ever heard in your life

Bass and amp. New wave.

sample?

post-punk, funk, alternative metal

I've thought about getting a Jazz. How's the neck feel?

it's what every bass intents to be in my opinion. the american standard series (now discontinued) is your best bet. not only is it comfortable, easy and amazingly responsive, but it's the most versatile bass sound wise.

I have a 5 string Ibanez too user, how do you like yours?

Thanks, I'll check one out.

It's lovely. It's my first fretless and fiver, and I couldn't be more happy with it. It's comfortable, sounds great, and it's at a great price.

Mine's fretted, I was thinking about maybe trading it for a fretless someday when I get another bass

clyp.it/nttjbdkv

I'd say go for it. Get a lined first. I couldn't imagine one without them as a first. It's really helped my ear training.

yeah, with time

what's that switch next to the pickup dial? mine doesn't have that

not that person but that is phenomenal

Power Tap switch. It's on the newer 300s. It runs the coils like a single, humbucker, and a blend of both. Tap, Series, and Power Tap, respectively. I tend to favor the neck pup, play at the neck, and run series for a nice warmth.

>fret markers
>absolutelydisgusting.png

The guitar? Sure why not, good a name as any.

What's that sexy yellow ditty?

Got to start somewhere. I hope to get an unlined someday.

i have a cheapass strat copy because im poor

shoegaze/dream pop

Nice color.

I feel like you'd need to be writing new wave to be playing it all the time I'm guessing, it's not exactly the most rewarding thing to figure out a bunch of new wave covers on bass.

Post punk

thanks senpai

40s and 50s blues and R&B

thank you!

If you don't play bc rich you fucking suck

poppy shumemegazi

yes LG

is that you Josh T. Pearson

Classic Rock
Metal
Heartland

ambient funk

t.Kerry

nice looking guitar, user
what model is it

>three stringed bass
>black metal, darkwave, ambient whatever I feel like

nevermind, found it

Regressive prog

that bass is a monstrosity

i mostly play autism music

Psychedelic, Space Rock, Progressive

blues, rock, progressive, pop, whatever really

taking this picture made me realize my room is a mess, im gonna clean it tomorrow

All of you come to /gg/ I want to bully you

Black metal, post-rock and old instrumental rock.

Classic R & B, Outlaw Country, and 60's and 70's rock

Pretty much only metal when I got this guitar but now I'm into basically anything, right now I'm trying to get better at jazz and jazz fusion. Problem is that there aren't many manufacturers other than Ibanez who makes HSH superstrats at non-retarded prices

Fug :---DDD

Why is that a problem?

Because I want an upgrade to the guitar I have now without spending the down-payment for a house on something like a Suhr Modern

What are you looking for specifically that your Ibanez doesn't have or can't do?

Really nice looking. Why three string though?

Locking tuners, stainless steel frets and a more Strat like trem like the Gotoh 510 and not the floating bridges they use. Ibanez are testing a new prototype that looks interesting but it's unfortunately not a HSH

themusiczoo.com/blogs/news/polyphia-reveals-new-prototype-ibanez-guitars

Stainless steel frets will be a problem at lower prices. G&L offers them as an option, so you could get an Invader Plus but it will cost something like $250 extra. Locking tuners can be installed pretty much to any guitar and it's an easy procedure, so that shouldn't be a problem. If you absolutely don't need stainless steel frets, at least Godin, Flaxwood, Framus and Music Man have HSH guitars and you can also mod pretty much any Strat to be HSH just by switching the pickguard. If you need 24 frets too, Ibanez had SV models that had a more traditional trem but you'd have to buy a used one.

Looks like an album cover

One broke and I haven't bothered to replace it.

classic bassist

You only need one string on a bass, anyway.

Built a partscaster (or acquire parts and have a tech do the mods for you). That's one of the great things about bolt-on and Fender-style guitars, you can do pretty much anything you want to them easily, and fairly cheaply.

twinkly emo shit in FACGCE

thanks babe

What would you give for a night of guitar noodling wit ol Mike K?

literally my own parents

goddammit its gone

Classic rock / Alternative Rock (mostly easy shit desu)

prog, jam, and classic metal

You all need to come to /gg/ so I can bully you

shoegaze and hardcore

Jazz-punk and ska.

Must. Not. Take. Bait.

modern metal, thrash, classic metal. I dunno fuckin anything heavy or fast.

It has always bothered me that the bridge of this guitar has a different finish than the rest of the hardware.

it seems to vary between certain models/editions, this was just the one they had in the store at the time. the bridge is pretty much chrome, it looks really dark in the pic. I think it looks great in person, but black or chrome I'd still love it.

Don't, the guy is a total prick

My guess is that all of those bridges are NOS from the years Ibanez made the FR series.

>metal kids first guitar that looks edgy and sounds like shit
no thanks

Too lazy to take my own picture but here you go, inherited it from my dead uncle. Put a new more treble friendly pickup, sounds great.
Indie rock, post hardcore and dream pop. Tbh its the perfect bass for the genres
/gg/ sucks dick
Nice

Punk, ska
vocaroo.com/i/s0ruK5m4XIlV

Poo poo pee pee music

rock n roll and blues

is that Jazzmaster a VM Squier? How does it feel, is it finished well? I plan to buy one, however I don't know any person irl who has one

Post here already, but figured I'd show off my acoustic guitar as well. Also, where are all the sticker bros at? Nobody puts artwork on their guitars anymore?

I'm not really looking for the cheapest guitar possible, just something that doesn't cost three grand. The locking tuners and stainless steel frets aren't really dealbreakers, just something nice to have. I'm just looking for a decent HSH superstrat with a Strat like trem and not a floating trem around $800-1500

i would but i dont know what would look good

Put whatever you like on it. If it looks good to you then that's all that counts. Bonus points for a story behind the sticker / artwork