Players who people used to rank as world class and nobody rates now

Players who people used to rank as world class and nobody rates now

Huh? People mention him in the same breath as Matthäus.

everyone united has signed since feguson left

Literally forgotten after he retired

>you now remember the Di Maria at United farce

Yeah in Germany, try to have a discussion about the greatest defenders ever elsewhere and see if his name pops out

That goes for every German player who never spent significant time abroad.
The Brits still believe Ballack was the best German midfielder ever when Sammer was 10 times better.

>kurt cobain faked his suicide
>lived out his dream of being an autistic footballer on the other side of the world

what a genius

These two remind me of canizares crying ;_;

Curiously enough it was the only club he actually flopped at. Maybe Ferguson cursed the place after he retired.

Don't post that refball fuckery as proof of anything.

>tfw peaked at 20

>people will unironically claim Beckham was 'never good to begin with'

name a single non-club trophy he's won (the second place world cup medal doesn't count)

protip: you cant

Antonella

10 years from now.

Cruyff is almost unanimously regarded as the greatest European player of all time and he didn't win a major trophy with Holland.

Only time will tell how Messi will be remembered

>tfw I remember watching him play against some non-league team with a couple hundred people in attendance along with those watching from their bedroom window

Obviously any team can end up in that situation in the FA cup but it just made me think how far he fell

are you letting aside that part where he completely revolutionized the football as a manager?

and that part where he didnt win the trophy but delighted the world with the best netherlands ever?

and lets not forget that missi has maradona shadow over his shoulder.

>best players list
>his career as a manager matters

mourinho and pele are at the same level then

>his career as a manager matters

of course it matters. Cruyff is not only remembered as world class player, are you retard? everything is in the pocket when we talk
about the legendary Cruyff

People used to rave about this guy

2008 Olympic gold medal

shit, sorry hue, i thought we were on the post about best 20th century players

Meaningless u23 competition, though i do rate messi he's pretty great

kek, are you implying that mourinho also revolutionized the football?

>Cruyff is almost unanimously regarded as the greatest European player of all time
no he isn't

According to BR's the Olympics is on the same level as The World Cup kek

Well hues are idiots what can you do

ballon d'or

are you implying Cruyff was more than a pretentious prick with a great team?

who believes that? Delusional Chelski fans

are you implying that he wasnt?

Sammer was better. Also, Andreas Moller.

Ozil

>nobody rates now
yeah people who don't matter.

>hurr durr he was never good, he's only rated for his longevity/loyalty
worst meme ever

Agreed, similar to Indians who think India are by default the best cricket team

When he retires he will be rated again

lol he didn't even get a sticky

>Cruyff is almost unanimously regarded as the greatest European player of all time

Who cares about europe?

Exactly

The first world

>It's a German shits on a Dutch player that isn't Robben episode

>refball

Dumb amerifat

he was talented, but no one rates him as world class.

shit thread desu

>

Literally nobody gives a fuck about maradonna's shitty manager career except for retarded hues for example.

Also, Netherlands 1974:
>Cruyff
>Neeskens
>Haan
>Krol
>Jansen
>Rinus Michels manager

and still managed to get into the 78 final without the best player of the world at the moment.

Then you see Argentina with Higuain, Rojo, Lavezzi and Otamendi and Bauza as a Manager and can't even win a stupid game without Messi

>kantige-typen-braucht-der-fussball-ein-solcher-ist-zweifelsohne-stefan-effenberg-nach-wochenlanger-kritik-an-seinen-leistungen-platzt-dem-kapitaen-von-bayern-muenchen-bei-einer-pressekonfer.jpg

>maradonna's shitty manager career

lol who said something about that? definitely not me. better learn2interpret m8

Who ever said that, you deluded muslim?

As expected of poo, they'd believe everything a bong would say.

If his name was Estevão dos Santos "Effe" Montanha he would be regarded as the one player who established the phrase "the beautiful game". The extraordinary flair with which he showcased his immense repertoire of body feints left football enthusiasts world wide in awe.

If his name was Matteo Samerini he would be included in every experts "All Time XI" along the likes of Maldini, Baresi and Effe, anchoring the backline while gracefully pulling the strings from midfield with pinpoint long balls just inside the opponents penalty area.

I disagree with this post

These pathetic scenes come to mind

Did it really take these many fucking posts

if englel nt won a football gold medal (or anything at all) it would be declared a national holiday

>for example.

Nah our players would have just shook hands and sang God Save the Queen

Weird how he went from a Ballond'or winner to le youtube highlights man. Weirder still is that he hasn't officially retired yet.

Giggs and Scholes

Yes, before Mourinho defending was seen as a pussy tactic, he changed that. Thanks to him Tiki-Taka became obsolete, and I would say that without Morurinho to revolutionize defending Leicester City would not have been champions.

Then who?

If anything I would say his reputation went up. He didn't spend a lot of years on the highest level compared to Ronaldo and Messi but he is regarded an elite player because his play style has not been matched.

underrated

>greatest European player of all time
George Best?

>before Mourinho defending was seen as a pussy tactic

Teams have parked the bus since the inception of the game. Italians have been jerking off to 0-0s for half a century now.

>muh leadership

Unironically the greatest Italian player ever

Gianluca Vialli

>muh episode at Chelsea

You Bongs are so predictable...

>amerilard knowledge
W E W
E
W

olympic gold medal, sub20 world cup

He was a beast in 90s, early 2000s Serie A.

>tfw you will never see long haired Totti gallop like a gazelle while making Inter eat his dust.

He was class before that

>tiki taka became obsolete

No. It's the most demanding system that requires world class players to get the best out of it. It "died" when the players got old and the only manager who used the system left for another team

really weird how desperate this board is to shit on Messi

is it because he's proof you can be successful despite being an autismal manlet?

Genuinely he was one of the most exciting players I have ever seen, hooked me on La Liga. Probably never reached world class status, but it's criminal how he's been forgotten, or worse, remembered for his time at Newcastle.

>worse, remembered for his time at Newcastle

Excuse me sir, he won the Intertoto Cup while at Newcastle

Deportivo and Valencia in the early 2000s had so many likable top class players. What the fuck happened to most of them?

SuperDepor

ZLATAN over any of these fucken amateurs gang gang

they players retired or were sold, the clubs got shitty owners that ruined them

I wish Sevilla can win this season 2bh. Im tired of seeing Barcalaldridwinslol

Mourinho had nothing to do with Ranieri's or Simeone's Italian tactics education.

>Im tired of seeing Barcalaldridwinslol
you're tired of barcawinslol in any case

halal has won 1 league in the last 7 seasons

well thats what happens when you dont have rich sand niggers to inject a couple hundred millions into the outsider teams. its pretty funny it never happened in Al-Andalus.

This mook